12is12

Farang fraternising?

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

firecat, only deceased member I met died in USA.

Speaking about dearly departed , some members may recall case of American guy who went to BKK, was reporting his trip  daily, complaining at one point about feeling unwell , then fell silent and died in Raya of massive heart attack day before his birthday. I don't recall His nick 

Yes ! Didn't he have the blog?

Was it shameless mack? Or did shameless mack do the massage reviews?

I think it was another blogger your talking about who use to post the pics of young men in Thailand,can't remember the name though,we are going back a few years 😂

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Yes ! Didn't he have the blog?

Was it shameless mack? Or did shameless mack do the massage reviews?

😂

I don't know about late Lurkerspeaks having a blog.

Shameless Mack is alive , kicking, blogging  and posting under different nick but I will leave it to him to reveal himself  if he wishes

On 8/14/2022 at 9:18 AM, 12is12 said:

Hi Guys,

Do mmbrs of this forum fraternise when in Thailand, or is anonymity the rule?

I dont rmmbr reading here reports, that included any interaction btw ourselves.

For example: when seating in venues, do u always seat only with the boys, even though there r other farangs who might b nice company?

When I'll visit Pattaya in Nov, will I b able to meet vetrans, if only for guidance? Drinks on me.....

I like a bit of anonymity, my real name isn't Vaughn (shock horror) and I try to keep a bit of distance from my real life to my confessions online haha.

That said, If someone invites me to their table or strikes up a conversation in a bar/gogo I never turn it down, I've met some good friends that way.

I've crossed paths with a couple of other board members but never introduced myself, I'm far too introverted to do that haha.

3 hours ago, kokopelli 2 said:

Correct, HPV virus cause of throat cancer.

And I'm told there's no "cure" for HPV virus , 

I know the sexual health doctor last week put me on doxycycline for any other infections I may have had ,but luckily all my results were clear.

Now I'm a bit worried I may have HPV ,I don't think he tested for this, my throat is a bit sore ,the doctor done a throat swab all clear but that doesn't seem to be for HPV? 

I did mention to him ( sexual health doctor) about HPV and throat cancer and strangely he said " it takes years to get ,you just don't have a sore throat for 2 weeks and get throat cancer"

But it's possible,that's why I'm getting second and even third fourth opinions about my health 

• Members
15 hours ago, PeterRS said:

. It also brought back on to the forum the absolute necessity of members who live in Thailand having some form of insurance to cover costly on-going medical treatment.

Not only medical insurance, you need someone to arrange your medical and business affairs.   I hate to deal with the insurance and arranging doctor's appointments myself when I am sick.  And what about long term care if you have non deadly illness such as strokes.

1 hour ago, scott456 said:

Not only medical insurance, you need someone to arrange your medical and business affairs.   I hate to deal with the insurance and arranging doctor's appointments myself when I am sick.  And what about long term care if you have non deadly illness such as strokes.

unless you have a partner to look after you ,then you would have to arrange private nursing to come to your condo I guess .

I don't know what happens to farangs who live in Pattaya that have suffered with a stroke or similar ,I guess one option depending on your financial circumstances is to have a paid live in carer

• Members
15 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

unless you have a partner to look after you ,then you would have to arrange private nursing to come to your condo I guess .

I don't know what happens to farangs who live in Pattaya that have suffered with a stroke or similar ,I guess one option depending on your financial circumstances is to have a paid live in carer

Easy to say, but you still need someone to find a live-in caregiver for you, monitor/supervise, coordinate things, take you to appointments...etc.  As I mentioned before, most caregivers are lowly educated.  Anyone in Thailand speaking passable English would not do caregiver jobs.  But, if you are in the Philippines, language won't be a problem, and caregivers there are cheap, very cheap.

1 hour ago, scott456 said:

Easy to say, but you still need someone to find a live-in caregiver for you, monitor/supervise, coordinate things, take you to appointments...etc.  As I mentioned before, most caregivers are lowly educated.  Anyone in Thailand speaking passable English would not do caregiver jobs.  But, if you are in the Philippines, language won't be a problem, and caregivers there are cheap, very cheap.

True ,you would better off being in the Philippines if you have a disability and need care.

Boys are more handsome in the Philippines,well to me anyway😊 too & you would have better luck finding male nurses😊

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

Shameless Mack is alive , kicking, blogging  and posting under different nick but I will leave it to him to reveal himself  if he wishes

Guilty as charged. Macaroni is Shameless mack. I am not only alive and kicking but whenever opportunities arise, happily testing the bedsprings of hotel beds.

4 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

Guilty as charged. Macaroni is Shameless mack. I am not only alive and kicking but whenever opportunities arise, happily testing the bedsprings of hotel beds.

Oh wow !!

I used to love you many years ago and then you stopped I believe?

I remember there were rumours you were in jail or died?

I used to remember your in depth reports of " dust on top of the wardrobe" in one place in dongtan beach ,oh must be 15 years ago ?

I have added your link,love the report of the Thai blind massage 👍👍

5 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

There are now in Thailand quite a number of assisted care homes that are far more attractive than perhaps we expect. I know of three just outside Chiang Mai. One elderly Thai friend whose partner had just left him after he was diagnosed with the onset of Alzheimers moved to one on an island just upriver of Chiang Mai 18 months ago. He loves it. He has his own room with en suite, a lovely garden setting, communal dining room, daily nursing care and plenty of buzzers for unexpected emergencies. His facility also has half a dozen daily return minibus trips in to Chiang Mai. Best of all the all-in monthly cost is far lower than he expected. I'm not sure of the exact price but will post it when I next speak to him.

Personally I would never want to end up in one , but they have their places for people who need ongoing care .

18 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

True ,you would better off being in the Philippines if you have a disability and need care.

Boys are more handsome in the Philippines,well to me anyway😊 too & you would have better luck finding male nurses😊

if you have disability and need care most likely handsomeness of boys is very low on list of your priorities I guess