Olddaddy

A boyfriend?

14 hours ago, Londoner said:

I never looked for a LTR; indeed, I said  after nine years and thirty or so trips to Thailand that I loved being a butterfly. The one falang I knew who was in  involved such a relationship  with a Thai guy was often deeply unhappy, for many reasons.

And so when it happened, I was unprepared.  And it didn't "happen" in one night, one week, or even one year.  The relationship grew over a series of  visits to Thailand. I believe that it was after three years that I first used the word "love". It was in a conversation with my oldest friend. The use of the  word surprised us both.  

And so , in my case, the cliché of an old falang falling in lust after a couple of erotic encounters, just doesn't hold water.

You should consider yourself as a very lucky man because it is very rare to find true love with much younger guy then you from a completely different culture then yours.

8 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

But I will have to master Grindr which I found difficult during my recent Pattaya visit. As I understand it Grindr is a major way to contact boys for gay tourists like myself.

I have been going to the Philippines for over 15 years. I am not seeking a Long Term BF because I have a Gay Husband back home in the USA.

Anyway, I never use Grinder and I have met a number of wonderful Filipino guys. I frequent Facebook and sometimes Romeo. I meet my Friends every trip and enjoy going out with them or visiting other beautiful places in the PH. And they all LOVE old Dads!!

Just give it a try!!! 🥰

On 8/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, Boy69 said:

,,,  it is very rare to find true love ...

"true love"?  In a gay or straight relationship, "true" can be elusive.  Both in the relationship are looking for something, oftentimes it's different.  We oftentimes, too, compromise to get what we want.  

2 hours ago, reader said:

This forum regularly sees members unabashedly post about fucking boys, sucking boys, kissing boys and rimming boys.

Odd how when someone suggests loving boys the naysayers come out of the woodwork.

probably because it's much easier , thus more common,  to have good sex than good luck in love, specially distance one.

So good experience in the first in prevailing over bad in the second.

49 minutes ago, vinapu said:

probably because it's much easier , thus more common,  to have good sex than good luck in love, specially distance one.

So good experience in the first in prevailing over bad in the second.

Let's be honest most of the clients are seeking for good sex and most of the money boys are looking for money neither side is looking for true love it might happen occasionally when a MB and his  client fall in love but it's very rare.

Please don't take offense if I fail to heed your advice and embrace La Cage Aux Folles as a prescription for how to lead my life. 🤣

Good luck to you, my friend, but I don't wish to die that way. I don't want to be that lonely old man withering away in farangland, thanking the almighty that I was wise enough to hold my emotions tightly in check.

9 minutes ago, scott456 said:

Very few human beings can do that.

It seems that that was the point Gaybutton was trying to make. In that case I surely owe him an apology.

“And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

@olddaddy, you start conversations on very interesting topics that generate a lot of discussion!

On 8/13/2022 at 7:25 PM, Olddaddy said:

I guess you guys who are loners are sort of "accepted" that,that you will be alone maybe even trick yourself that you don't need anyone

I am one of those "loners" who has accepted my way of life and I am definitely not tricking myself. I prefer that lifestyle. I do have friends and family that I talk to and meet up with on a regular basis. I also travel often and have "fun" during those travels, especially when in Thailand.

"Like I said if I wanted love ,I probably look at the Philippines again where it seems to me going by my experience Filipino young guys are really into Daddies."

I have met a few Filipino guys during my travels and talked to them at length. Yes, many are into daddies. The ones I talked to want to be in such relationships so that they are looked after financially and may even be able to move to the country where the Daddy lives. It's also somewhat of a prestige thing for some, since their friends are already in such relationships.

"Getting back onto Filipino boys as boyfriends they seem to be more caring,a lot are nurses in the West in nursing homes etc caring for elderly and great at housework and hardworking" 

A great number of nurses and care aides - girls and boys - in Canada are Filipino. Couple of my family members were in nursing homes and most of the staff there were Filipino. They took good care of the residents and worked hard. Unfortunately, these (care aides) are not very well paid jobs, but it does give them "Canadian experience", and after sometime they can become citizens. Many continue to upgrade their skills while working to become nurses (from aides) and RN after becoming nurses.