Olddaddy

Pinnacle hotel?

Justlooking back on my old emails I have a booking at the Pinnacle in Bangkok in 2006 talking to Jimmy.

I remember that , is Pinnacle still around and if not when did it close?

Also I didn't notice the BBB Inn around last time, i ended up getting a refund there one night must be around 10 years ago they didn't clean the room before I arrived so decided not to stay 

1 hour ago, reader said:

The Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel remains listed by Agoda. I seem to recall reading that Jimmy (who many visitors may have booked trough) is no longer in residence.

I quite like the Pinnacle back then,I even used to stay at the BBB Inn but that went downhill.

Of course now my favourite place is Tartawan but last month I stated at the Furama .

12 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Also I didn't notice the BBB Inn around last time

BBB Inn  is now empty shell of building waiting to be demolished but Take-A-Nap right beside it seems to be still opened as bookings can be made on Agoda

6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Of course now my favourite place is Tartawan but last month I stated at the Furama .

which Furama ? Silom or Sathorn XClusive ? both walking distance from Patpong

I have been in a taxi passing Pinnacle Hotel quite regularly. It was reported as permanently closed a few months ago and there seemed to be quite a lot of construction equipment around. There is still a website but with no local phone or email contact details. Also in the description it states that nearby is the Lumphini Thai Boxing Stadium (moved about 4 years ago) and the Suan Lum Night Bazaar (moved at least 10 years ago)!

Yet the website apears to take bookings and booking sites other than agoda also list it.

https://pinnacle-lumpinee-bangkok.h-rez.com/contact.htm

On 8/17/2022 at 7:12 AM, vinapu said:

I actually walked guy from Jupiter to Furama Silom in Dec 2021 and few guys from Patpong bars to Furama Sathorn in Dec 2021 and May this year and none of them neither  complained not suggested taking taxi

It's only ten minutes walk but for Thai's its a marathon 😂