reader

The age of next supersonic airliner nears

10 hours ago, unicorn said:

Although I was never a passenger on the Concorde, I have been inside the cabin of two former Concordes in museums, and I can assure you that those seats were not comfortable.

Having taken Concorde only once, I'm not sure that comment is entirely true. At least it wasn't for me. I found the seat itself very comfortable for a short flight (in the mid-1990s). It had been well designed, fitted the contours of my body well and was better than the Premium Economy seats I have flown in. They are certainly nothing like today's business class seats and I would easily prefer 10 hours with a flat bed seat than 6 hours in more cramped supersonic seating.

I think the main point about Concorde is that no one wanted to sleep. BA had two daily flights to and from New York. The 10:00 am flight got you to JFK by around 08:30 in time for a full day's business. The midday return arrived at LHR around 8:30 pm. For those not yacking about business all the time, the drinks and meal service took up most of the flight time.

Masks not required on Singapore Airlines

From Channel News Asia

SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) passengers will not be required to wear masks on flights from next Monday (Aug 29) unless they are travelling to or from destinations that mandate it.

In response to CNA queries, SIA said it updated its policy on the use of masks during flights following the latest guidelines from the Government.

mask%20requirements%20by%20destinations.