Olddaddy

Why don't you try the Philippines?

Any of  you guys have any plans to visit the Philippines soon ?

I ask because many of you on here have never been there and I guess are comfortable with just going back to Thailand and maybe side trips to Cambodia.

Can I ask what is stopping you?

The rumours about crime?The gay bars spread out too much?

whats stopping you from making a side trip there maybe for a few days?

it's 3.5 hours flight from Bangkok only 

in many cases it's a lot cheaper than Thailand and in some cases I found Filipinos wanted sex without money with foreign guys 

22 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Any of  you guys have any plans to visit the Philippines soon ?

I ask because many of you on here have never been there and I guess are comfortable with just going back to Thailand and maybe side trips to Cambodia.

Can I ask what is stopping you?

I guess the best answer I can give is - been there, done that! I was a regular in The Philippines way back in the early 1980s when it was then far more of a gay sex destination than Bangkok and Pattaya. But the desperate poverty both in Manila and the countryside was a real downer. For a newcomer to Asia, it was certainly lively and fun, although parts like the famous Pagsanjan Falls area had a bad reputation with some parents even offering their underage kids to a certain nasty type of western tourist. I believe that has thankfully stopped.

Soon, though, I discovered Bangkok and the early years of the gogo bars which were such fun. Later I was to discover the gay scenes in Tokyo and then Taipei. Nothing will now stop my regular visits to those two fascinating cities, both with a thriving gay scene offering much that can be found in Thailand. Also many young guys are keen to meet up with older westerners and will never accept a ¥ or an NT$. Plus I find most Japanese and Taiwan Chinese more fun and interesting to be with than Filippinos. But that's merely a personal preference. Thankfully we are all different.

Unfortunately the Philippines gets a bad rap on many forums .

The only thing is ,it's not for lazy gay people,and I say gay because the straight scene is your face in regards to lady Go Go bars etc but the gay scene is not,you have to go look for it ,either by using the apps for both money & non money boys or find the gay bars and gay saunas yourself.

Thailand it's in your face,no need to look for it ,its there ,much easier obviously.

But your all missing out on cute Filipino boys particularly if your a bottom .

A lot of free guys looking for sex and of course many are seeking boyfriend type of experiences 

I hated Manila but there are gay saunas there but I'm lazy and stingy 

I prefer meeting free guys on the apps and I get much more a success rate in the Philippines particularly in the outer cities such as Davao etc .

As above, been there done that, I will return at some stage but when is a mystery even to me. I too was a regular in the late 80's and early 90's when I was there for the girls and have seen plenty of the country not just Manila. Now that I have advanced my sexuality I like the gay scene in Bangkok (at least the pre covid scene) and am wanting to see how it has progressed now. There is still plenty for me to see, do and experience in Thailand and I will also be returning to Vietnam again before the next Philippines trip. A Vietnamese boy I had in Bangkok massage once has convinced me to go back and experience more that is on offer in Vietnam (yes he was that good). 

Even at 62 I now prefer free sex over paid sex .

I'm not always successful but I had the most luck in the Philippines so I'm going back 

I got a little tired of business arrangements with money boys in Thailand, negotiate a price ,timing it,etc and it all seemed to be robotic ,and I got no satisfaction.

After the Philippines getting a lot of free sex I went back to Thailand and back to the " how much you pay me" boys again,it wasn't sexually satisfying .

But I guess some farangs may have the fantasy of paying boys to do things they don't really want and I don't mean that in a negative way,but after the Philippines I just wasn't that horny to spend money on hiring the services of a money boy.

Another reason I prefer not to visit The Philippines will seem strange to some gay guys and perhaps even a degree racist. To those who feel that way, I apologise in advance.

I find the results of the form of circumcision practised in the country makes the male body considerably less attractive to me. I certainly did not feel that when I first visited, but then I was totally new to Asia. On later visits, I met 2 guys with dicks which seemed to have been mangled in some sort of meat grinder. Granted they were probably in a tiny minority, but I found I just could not have sex with them. I hasten to add I am not against circumcision in general - although part of me often wonders why, if we are born in the image of a God, that God should insist that men have part of their anatomy excised. It seems to stem from a command to the prophet Abraham which is why both Jews and Muslims insist on the practice. If so, why the foreskin? If it is there at birth, surely it is there for a reason?. Why not the appendix which is a useless part of the anatomy?

I know it has also been practised over milllennia by certain tribes elsewhere in the world as some sort of rite of passage. But I have always been curious about this!

2 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Another reason I prefer not to visit The Philippines will seem strange to some gay guys and perhaps even a degree racist. To those who feel that way, I apologise in advance.

I find the results of the form of circumcision practised in the country makes the male body considerably less attractive to me. I certainly did not feel that when I first visited, but then I was totally new to Asia. On later visits, I met 2 guys with dicks which seemed to have been mangled in some sort of meat grinder. Granted they were probably in a tiny minority, but I found I just could not have sex with them. I hasten to add I am not against circumcision in general - although part of me often wonders why, if we are born in the image of a God, that God should insist that men have part of their anatomy excised. It seems to stem from a command to the prophet Abraham which is why both Jews and Muslims insist on the practice. If so, why the foreskin? If it is there at birth, surely it is there for a reason?. Why not the appendix which is a useless part of the anatomy?

I know it has also been practised over milllennia by certain tribes elsewhere in the world as some sort of rite of passage. But I have always been curious about this!

No you bring up a good point !👍

But I absolutely love circumsized guys ,I'm not myself but I think it's much cleaner they are cut .🥒

I wish I was cut ,I have to constantly pull the skin back and wash even after peeing .

Cut guys are much cleaner to suck in my opinion 

2 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I find the results of the form of circumcision practised in the country makes the male body considerably less attractive to me.

I agree with that statement completely and find it most unattractive, to me it looks like they practice their version of circumcision with broken glass rather than it being done properly (just the way it looks to me). I'm not against circumcision (being that way myself) but more the way it's done and the end result, I also try to avoid the usual debate that follows that word as whether it should or shouldn't be done.

5 minutes ago, TMax said:

I agree with that statement completely and find it most unattractive, to me it looks like they practice their version of circumcision with broken glass rather than it being done properly (just the way it looks to me). 

Your right Max 😉

Many of the Filipino guys I had last month in the Philippines had as you say ,didn't seem to be cut professionally, probably done in the province by the head of the village 😂

I didnt dare to ask them ,I just wanted their young hard dick pumping my old daddy butt😉

8 hours ago, bucky13 said:

Circumcision is brutal, genital mutilation and it should be stopped globally immediately.    

In principle I agree. However, I think it is important to realise that occasionally a boy or young man will suffer from phimosis. This can cause difficulty and even pain during urination and sex. For these guys, some form of circumcision is almost essential if they are to live a healthy life.

I also have no issue if it is a procedure a grown man wishes to undergo - for whatever reason. We are all in charge of our own bodies. Babies circumcised only a few days old and children not yet in their teens are given absolutely no decision on the matter. An irreversible excision of a part of their body is made without their having any say in the matter. I see much wrong in this. 

I think it's cleaner though,I wish my parents had me circumsized 

A lot of times I have to continually pull the skin back to wash after peeing ,it's a nuisance.

Otherwise if you are not cut you pee and not wash it can end up smelling .

I was researching online how much to get cut as an adult ,it's not that expensive 

But that doesn't keep some men from trying. This presentation (often comical) features four doctors discussing the methodology for attempting to reverse circumcision. Before forewarned: it's pricey ($25,000) and has a reportedly poor track record.

Bottom line: I think Floridarob has it right.

https://www.thedoctorstv.com/videos/is-circumcision-reversible

Putting the foreskin debate to the side... my experience in Manila has been very positive, but only through the use of apps. This was pre-covid, so not sure what the situation is like now. There are a lot of guys who are not looking for money, who like older guys (daddies) and Europeans. 

Following the above posts, my father was a doctor. Prior to World War 2, he enlisted into the Royal Army Medical Corps.  At the time of Dunkirk, he was one of the British troops who had earlier been commanded to move west to St. Valery. The British High Command had no additional ships to evacuate those at St. Valery. As a result 10,000 were taken prisoner.

My father found himself in several POW camps over the next 5 years, most notably near Gdansk. As the camp's medical officer, he himself could not attempt to escape. But he did help others in several ways. He placed cuts on the tongues of some to persuade the Germans that they were subject to epileptic fits. He also worked out a way to elongate the skin around the penis to make it seem as though others had not in fact been circumcised. In some cases, he was successful. Not having any interest in medicine, I never bothered to find out how this was achieved.

Anyone find some uncircumcised in the Philippines? A percentage? 
I would imagine there should be a small percentage who have escaped the carnage!

7 minutes ago, Sky said:

Anyone find some uncircumcised in the Philippines? A percentage? 

The attached Bangkok Poat article from 13 months ago suggests that 90% of Filipinos are circumcised "for non-religious reasons." This implies that Muslim and Jewish boys have to be added to the 90%. WIth 5.57% of the population being Muslims, that adds around 2.78% more boys. It seems the number of Jewsh boys would be insignificant. So the chance of finding a non-circumcised boy will be slim. I suspect most purely ethnic Chinese boys (roughtly estimated at 700,000) will not be circumcised whereas those of mixed Filipino/Chinese decent will.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2173455/philippine-circumcision-season-underway-after-virus-delays

Cut/circumized boys , ( I should  get into the habit of saying "guys" not "boys"  ,sounds pedophilic ,but anyway leave that for another day )  but anyway I have come to love cut guys much better ,far cleaner and washed rather than guys peeing and having the foreskin go back over the head unwashed 

7 hours ago, PeterRS said:

The attached Bangkok Poat article from 13 months ago suggests that 90% of Filipinos are circumcised "for non-religious reasons." This implies that Muslim and Jewish boys have to be added to the 90%. WIth 5.57% of the population being Muslims, that adds around 2.78% more boys. It seems the number of Jewsh boys would be insignificant. So the chance of finding a non-circumcised boy will be slim. I suspect most purely ethnic Chinese boys (roughtly estimated at 700,000) will not be circumcised whereas those of mixed Filipino/Chinese decent will.

That's cutting it close.

Thank you @PeterRS for the on point article! Just read it and it’s clear; majority are cut. And oddly not for religious reasons.

The real shame is how they butcher them as I’ve seen in a few encounters.
I’ll be going in January, now I know exactly what to expect.