Tomm42

First Trip to BkK in >half decade

2 hours ago, Tomm42 said:

massive fan of massages here, and I’m really looking forward to trying out Prime Massage that so many in here have extolled thr virtues of.. and also maybe that Bangkok Spa Massage place in the same building as Arena in Silom that requires membership but seems to provide an intriguing tantric edging massage

Arena is located on top floor in Silom Plaza. The only other massage shop in plaza that I'm aware of is all-male Best Massage on first level.

Bangkok Massage is located on Patpong 2 but closed at the moment. Perhaps someone else is familiar with the shop (Bangkok Spa Massage) you mention.

5 hours ago, reader said:

Arena is located on top floor in Silom Plaza. The only other massage shop in plaza that I'm aware of is all-male Best Massage on first level.

Bangkok Massage is located on Patpong 2 but closed at the moment. Perhaps someone else is familiar with the shop (Bangkok Spa Massage) you mention.

Tomm42 is correct.

There was (still is? ) Bangkok Spa  in Silom Plaza, one where arena is. That's all I know as I never been there. Any place requiring membership or dress code puts me, the proletarian , off

7 hours ago, Tomm42 said:

... have just today become a new member.  This forum has been such a treasure trove of information amid really positive vibes amongst the posting members.  

welcome to the forum. Tell us something we don't know

7 hours ago, Tomm42 said:

stepping into the shop, and having a bunch of guys semi-circling round for the choice to be made.  It was in a Korean dominated complex of sorts, along sukhumvit I believe, and what a revelation that first session had been with the typical Thai enthusiasm....

most likely it was Uniman in the Korea Town  plaza on corner of Sukhumvit and soi 12. Great, hunks infested place, unfortunately gone even before covid

8 hours ago, Tomm42 said:

..... I had never been to any of the bars (didn’t have the gall to go on own!) 

Now after the big 50 has hit, I am much more keen to  ‘live and scratch the itch’, and ‘try new things’.  Carpe diem at last after all this while..  lol.  Never off’d any guy, but I’m really wanting to check out one of the gay bars/ shows out with the parading boys to be off’d.    I’ve read the wealth of info and the ones available, dreamboys, Tawan, etc, but could I ask for suggestions  which one might be recommended as the more appropriate (eg least intimidating!) for a first timer, sole, oriental, mature visitor to go for to ease oneself into this scene … Or is there not too much to choose between the offerings?

I know it's easy to say but no need to feel intimidated, specially that you look oriental.

yes , there's difference between bars in what they offer ,friendly  hunks at Tawan, handsome but unsmiling guys at Jupiter, models at Moonlight, twinks in Fresh boys, next door types in New Twilight and Hot Male, bit of everything at Dreamboys not to mention Banana club in soi 4 but only way of assessing what you like is just to go and see. 

Take deep breath and wade in, don't worry , nobody will attack you with unarmed cock on entry. Just sit down , order your drink AND NEVER SAY YOU ARE IN THE BAR FOR FIRST TIME. After while you will feel at home. If you feel very uneasy try to appeal to members already in BKK to accompany you on your first foray.

Keep in mind , in a bar you must buy a drink but you under no obligation to off the guy. You may invite guy smiling at you for a drink to make you more comfortable, don't forget to tip him for his time (100-200) depending of length of time he will be sitting with you .

I guess it wouldn’t be possible or entertained to try suggesting to individual masseurs at outfits like Prime or  Healthland if they would moonlight for outcalls to hotels? 

don't come with any pre-conceived notions. At one point of session , when you feel comfortable you may ask him if that's possible. Or ask at reception. That may be costly option though. You won't be first who asked , rest assured. 

17 hours ago, vinapu said:

most likely it was Uniman in the Korea Town  plaza on corner of Sukhumvit and soi 12. Great, hunks infested place, unfortunately gone even before covid

Ya, I too figured that Tomm42 was referring to the massage parlour in Sukhumvit Plaza, except that I couldn't recall the name of the place. Thanks, Vinapu, for filling the gap. I loved that place, though the physical line-up could be quite intimidating with up to a dozen guys looking expectantly at you to be picked.

With the clue from the name "Uniman", I revived my old reports from 2009 and 2010. Reviewing the reports, the place changed hands between those two years and was called B&N before it was Uniman.

As you can see, I had really happy times there. Go to www.shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog

Wow, thanks so much reader, vinapu, spoon and macaroni21 - I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your input! It’s somewhat reassuring to hear spoon’s account, and the ‘walking on the other side of the road’ back and forth past the bar, internally struggling al, the way,  is an experience I’m familiar with..  Maybe this time, it will be a different outcome for me!   I appreciate your frank sharing and I’m dead keen to have a massage every day at Prime if organisable - like what I pretty much I used to do at Healthland every evening, at the Sathorn branch, for many of my previous BKK trips.  

I’ve never ever asked if a therapist from Healthland will do hotel outcall before, vinapu, but I think I will attempt this at Prime when I’m next there!

Reader and vinapu - I’ve just scoured and  search, and the bangkok spa outfit I meant is spabangkok - https://spabangkok.net/silom/ .  But gosh, baht3200 that they have advertised there for their tantric massage - and likely tips on top of that - is very steep!  I’m mulling…  and wonder if any in the forum have tried that!

vinapu, it looks like Tawan should be my maiden port of call for the bar scene,   I read - in one of the posts here  - of a forward Tawan chap massaging one’s bulge until close to one being made to lose control - whilst tactically negotiating an off fee,  in that state of serious compromise, and I think such an experience would rather agree with me.  Pleasure control.. lol..  and  older guys would appeal more to me. I think the seemingly forward nature of the men at Tawan would facilitate engagement, with these first time attack of trepidation and nerves.

Macaroni, or shamelessmack, I’m privileged to be in your company here. Your site was the first serious site I pored over for BkK massages way back, and you’re absolutely right! It was B&N - and it was your site recommendation that prompted me to go there - first ‘such’ massage I got in BKK ever. Man, that was well over a decade ago!  Incredible! 🙏🙏

1 hour ago, Tomm42 said:

vinapu, it looks like Tawan should be my maiden port of call for the bar scene,   I read - in one of the posts here  - of a forward Tawan chap massaging one’s bulge until close to one being made to lose control - whilst tactically negotiating an off fee,  in that state of serious compromise, and I think such an experience would rather agree with me.  Pleasure control.. lol..  and  older guys would appeal more to me. I think the seemingly forward nature of the men at Tawan would facilitate engagement, with these first time attack of trepidation and nerves.

yes , it should be. You will be happy at Tawan, boys and mamasans are friendly but at the same time not really forcing themselves upon you if you are not interested. They understand words ' no,  thank you " or even more polite ' not yet"

If you are  interested they can be adventurous in the bar like scene described and will let you to be quite adventurous too.

Keep in mind bar is in smallish side so all antics can be seen by audience. Good news is they have massage rooms upstairs which can be used as short time room if need arises due to excessive heat. 

to get familiar with the place  in order to ease your trepidations you can have massage there during day by one of their guys on duty, closer to bar opening hours it may be even more than one available. 

if you have time, money and ability I encourage you to try to visit every bar at least once to get better grasp of the scene. I too like big and older guys but truth is almost everywhere I find somebody I 'm interested in.

3 hours ago, Tomm42 said:

Reader and vinapu - I’ve just scoured and  search, and the bangkok spa outfit I meant is spabangkok - https://spabangkok.net/silom/ .  But gosh, baht3200 that they have advertised there for their tantric massage - and likely tips on top of that - is very steep!  I’m mulling…  and wonder if any in the forum have tried that!

Yes, once, because if you don't try you'll never know. I went for the package with tantric followed by a regular (HE) "aroma" massage. The etiquette is interesting: You choose the regular masseur from a lineup and are expected to tip him, but you don't get to choose the tantric therapist (I think that's the most appropriate word - he dresses more like a doctor than a masseur) and you don't tip him, so the atmosphere they are trying to create is that the tantric part is more like a medical procedure than a sexual service. 

52 minutes ago, thaiophilus said:

.....but you don't get to choose the tantric therapist (I think that's the most appropriate word - he dresses more like a doctor than a masseur) and you don't tip him, so the atmosphere they are trying to create is that the tantric part is more like a medical procedure than a sexual service. 

I leave it to others to try then

Located the link to the Spa Bangkok shop in Silom Plaza and explored the site. Felt a bit intimidated by the description, not to mention prices..

https://spabangkok.net/

If you're on a more restrictive budget, or just less adventuresome by nature, you should be able to get a 90-minute oil massage at Arena or Best shops (both in same building) for 800 bht or less.

@Tomm42If you're into guys a bit older, then Tawan is definitely the best choice. I think the new smaller location does make it a bit more intimidating, but I like the fact that there are a few guys there who will just sit down with you. It's a good warmup to have someone to drink with and explore their muscles while you're building up courage (and most likely a hardon!) to go for the ones who really catch your eye. 

I haven't offed any of the guys who sat with me right away, but I did make sure to tip them for their service for making me more comfortable in the bar. These men have thick skins so don't feel obligated to off a guy who sits with you right away. If they get a small tip from you, then it's all good. 

If you feel intimidated about being seen in public with a sexy hulking man, I also suggest choosing a hotel close to Tawan (or wherever you choose.) I was a regular there on my last trip and I regret not being closer. While you can use a taxi to go to your hotel, there's something more relaxing about it just being a quick walk from the bar to your bedroom. If you really have anxiety about this, you can get their Line and maybe off them another night and have them come directly to your hotel. I found about 7 guys I wanted to off at Tawan and I got their Line contacts and arranged for some to come to my hotel directly rather than me having to make the trip from the bar with them. 

Only thing I don't love about Tawan is that people do expect tips for the smallest things such as bringing you a drink, which is something I never experienced in other bars.

@Tomm42From personal experience, I also can suggest Moonlight and Jupiter as warmup bars for just the experience of appreciating the eye candy and seeing shows if you need to dip your toe in before going straight to offing someone. I (and probably only me) find that I never feel the need to off someone at those bars. The fact that it's a place for me to just chill and build confidence is enough for me.

You're definitely not going to get someone randomly sitting with you at those places. I go to those places just to admire and enjoy the shows, though less now because I'm more comfortable just to go for what I'm looking for, which is at Tawan most of the time. 

The only thing that I miss is that there seems to be less of a parade at Jupiter where guys are on stage for a long time before the show. Moonlight still does this though. My last trip, I got the impression that there's just a few times where a parade happens at Jupiter, and it's brief. 

2 minutes ago, flashbarryallen said:

My last trip, I got the impression that there's just a few times where a parade happens at Jupiter, and it's brief. 

yes, I think boys at Jupiter are doing their walk every 1/2 hour and then disappear to the sides, sometimes trying to make an eye contact during that interval though. In December one even smiled at me and I thought I have stroke or something. Rewarded him with an off few days later

7 minutes ago, flashbarryallen said:

@vinapuSmiles at Jupiter and twinks at Tawan. Are these signs of end times?? 

if that's the case it will be nice, improved formula of  end times.

Yes , smiles at Jupiter are appearing more often and I found resident twink at Tawan quite attractive. Even attempted to off him but he declined , presumably being primed by other boys , saying "I can't do long time because I have  a job" 

1 hour ago, flashbarryallen said:

Only thing I don't love about Tawan is that people do expect tips for the smallest things such as bringing you a drink, which is something I never experienced in other bars.

I didnt get that impression at all during my visits. Maybe you got that reputation of generous farang who will tips everyone?

Thanks reader.  It looks a very modest shop indeed for an outfit to be charging what its site suggests it charges.  It doesn’t even look open!

theophilus - I’d be really keen to get a sense what you thought of the session you had there, and how long it lasts as the site is very vague on length of time.  Did the clinician whom you couldn’t choose deliver an earth shattering treatment? Hehe

thanks hugely flashBarryAllen and vinapu  for your kind input. Great advice.  Still haven’t booked anything hotelwise, though I’m veering away from the initial thought of staying at a hotel I had in mind one bts stop away at ratchadamri for somewhere a little closer instead. Guess I’ll need to have a sufficient stack of 100s when I do visit Tawan and the bars - wouldn’t be averse to the odd shoulder massage at least at the Tawan if that should be forthcoming …. Is it right that if someone just sits with you for 5 mins and circulates, that’s 100 each time?  And more if he happens to touch or shoulder rub you during that time? I’m just trying to get a sense I guess..

thanks again for all your helpful input .. really much appreciated..

1 hour ago, Tomm42 said:

It looks a very modest shop indeed for an outfit to be charging what its site suggests it charges.  It doesn’t even look open!

theophilus - I’d be really keen to get a sense what you thought of the session you had there, and how long it lasts as the site is very vague on length of time.  Did the clinician whom you couldn’t choose deliver an earth shattering treatment? Hehe

It was several years ago, so my recollection isn't going to be exact.

I suspect some of us first came to LoS expecting to find skilled oriental courtesans tending to our every exotic need, only to find that mostly we're dealing with obliging but unskilled farmboys. If so, this might be the other side of the coin 😀.

"Very modest shop" - that's the street door in the picture. More "discreet" than "modest", I think. Inside, it's as you might imagine from the pictures on the website. Lots of wood panelling, crisp linen, elegant decorations, very spa-like.

How long it lasts? probably 45 minutes for each part. I imagine if you book just the tantric massage it would be an hour or more.

Earth-shattering treatment? yes and no, the therapist deliberately doesn't deliver that, which is sort of the point. The aim is for you to lie back, close your eyes, relax in a meditative sort of way, and think of England while he edges you just to this side of the earthquake, and you're supposed to tell him if he's going too far (no need, he was pretty good at judging it.) After that, you get a few minutes to relax before the conventional masseur takes over, and from there on you are in control again and the earth shatters (or not) as you wish.

Did I enjoy it? Yes. If you like skilled delayed gratification and the sensation of having somebody else taking care of everything, that's what you'll get.

Would I go again? Not often, but I wouldn't say "never": it is expensive, and it is an impersonal sort of experience compared with the usual massage, but I don't regret having tried it. 

If you don't try it, you'll never know. 

Guess I’ll need to have a sufficient stack of 100s when I do visit Tawan and the bars - wouldn’t be averse to the odd shoulder massage at least at the Tawan if that should be forthcoming …. Is it right that if someone just sits with you for 5 mins and circulates, that’s 100 each time?  And more if he happens to touch or shoulder rub you during that time?

no shortage of hotels  in all price range walking distance to  to Patpong area .

as for stack of 100's  you may want to change money at XOne on Suriwong, one or  two sois past soi Tawan walking FROM Patpong. They are very accommodating with request to give few thousands in 100's .

As for tipping , don't overdue it because you may become easy target which may become costly and ever more important, annoying. And I don't think I'm particularly stingy, specially in Tawan.

few things to consider :

if boy sits with you uninvited don't feel under pressure to buy him a drink or even less to tip him unless you want to. Show that you are not interested ( simple hand gesture will suffice) and he will go away.

If he starts massaging you and you don't want it for any reason / for example you have an eye on another guy, my most likely reason / , tell him ' no' .  But if you let him to continue I'd tip him that 100. If you buy him a drink , either on your own or he will talk you too, then yes, he is supposed to sit with you and you are supposed to tip him 100-200, depending of time taken, more if you guys will be more adventurous, touchy , kissy etc.

if you invite boy to sit with you  , then  yes you are supposed to buy him a drink and tip as described above. But he is supposed to sit with you , not circulate. If he will go here and there every 5 minutes forget about tipping him , even less 100 for every 5 minutes. I'd be actually pretty pissed off. Only case I let him leave is toilet or if he he called to the scene for his rotation or participates in the show.  

If you decide to off that guy tonight, don't tip him for sitting with you in the bar, he will get his off tip  in the room

on another hand be fair to boys and if you don't intend to off him today , I'd tell him that after say, 20 minutes and if he wants, release him and tip him of course.

It's perfectly acceptable and at Tawan but also in other bars  few times I had somebody else sitting with me and somebody else waiting in wings in the knowledge he will be offed that night , both informed about outcome in advance.  

for bringing drinks I tip waiter 20 per round i.e if he brings drinks for me and a boy at the same time it's 20. If I order drink  just for myself it's 20 and if later on I invite guy to sit with me it's another 20.

word of caution, seasoned guys sometimes may try to invite their bar friend for a drink at your expense, feel free to say no, specially if they did not even ask you if you agree. If you are soft hearted or don't want other guy to lose face , chalk up your loss but at first opportune moment let your guy know you did not like it. Happens very rarely but it does.

mamasans are known to stretch their palms and feel free to ignore those unless they act as waiters too or if they were helpful i.e calling boy not scheduled today to come because you asked about him  or helped with translation etc. On another hand if you are planning to frequent particular bar more often it may be good idea to slip that 100 to mamasan at one point just in case you may need him.

Contrary to what you may hear from mamasans  , if you know whom you want it's nothing wrong to show up in the bar and point at the door " I want guy # 81 ", pay off fee and go with him without  bothering  with drinks , shows, tips  etc. Of course that would work only if you clear with boy in question he will go with you. 

hope it helped 

5 hours ago, ichigo said:

Tip - if you are running low on 100 baht notes, mamasan will happily exchange a 1000 baht note to smaller notes. I've only tried this at dreamboys after I saw another customer do it, so unable to speak for the other bars.

Tawan will do this as well. @jason1975and I did this plenty during the jockstrap jubilee.