Olddaddy

How are moneyboys different than say 20 years ago?

That's all I'm going to say in the topic title without elaborating yet ...

I will elaborate later 

But I will say what I find different when I went back to Thailand after a 4 year break was the term "moneyboy" ,never heard it before .

Ok any thoughts on my topic question?

The new generation of money boys are more business oriented they want money here and now they don't develop unrealistic expectations for long term romantic relationship with falangs .

The most important change is that the quantity and quality of the Thai boys available reduced substantially due the huge improvement in the Thai economy.

22 minutes ago, reader said:

How are customers different than say 20 years ago?

who cares about customers ? we are there for a boys not their clients.

But if you ask I see 2 differences

more ladies in the bars but mercifully not in massages (yet?)

20 years ago customers had their wallets and presumably cocks and were looking at the scene or conversing with their companions if any.

Now, cocks and wallets are still there but smartphones are fighting with boys on the stage or beside  for attention

Mostly very similar to how Thailand itself has changed in those 20 yrs (ahum, now that you ask it-my first visit was in the 80ies, so I am nearing the 40 yrs jubilee. However, the very first was out of Malaysia as a normal young bekpekking tourist and was not that inviting to come back soon-I was hooked to Indonesia that period-and in fact still kind of like it more as Thai). And it always surprises me how even much normal economy and daily living can change in TH when I return(ed-as in the past <covid) after 1/2 year-another wet season passed by.

They all have a fone-or 2. They are tech-savvy with those things. They are much sooner bored with just sitting=waiting for possible clients to pop in. Most do not really want anymore to follow in bars what the big boss dictates, nor is here really a big need to do so. Command of foreign languages is far higher (chinese is also a difficult thing to learn for Thai). The most wanted brands for clothing have likely changed-the shoes remain Nike, but who wears shoes in bars/places? The walkmen (remember those?) have gone for passing time. The real advanced have even adapted to a cash-less world - pretty common in western Eur for now. The amount of guys talking about poor mums/dads over there in the ricefarms of Isany has dwindled a lot.

And yes-it is no more just Thai+the odd foreigner from just beyond sneeking over-rather reverse. Big shift from being offed from bars to ready to act massageshops.

1 hour ago, bucky13 said:

"Most" now have succumbed to the peer pressure of ridiculous tattoos.  

Tattoos were around before ,but yes different style from the back Buddha one which I don't see much anymore.

Gone now are the silicone dicks, didn't see any on my last trip to Nice boys go go unlike 15 years ago 

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Gone now are the silicone dicks, didn't see any on my last trip to Nice boys go go unlike 15 years ago 

I noticed that too, not quite gone  but much rarer now than even 5 years ago. I saw one in Dec and one with removed mooks in May

4 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

, and I am drafting a post for ShamelessMack2 

I like your recent posts about Pattaya survival and BoyzBoyzBoyz in your blog and I'm sorry to hear you did not like your experience there as for me it's still 'must go ' place in Pattaya, even with those dressed boys and screaming ladies