BiggusDikkus

Le Prive Pattaya

Does anyone remember this six-bungalow resort just a little toward Jomtien after leaving central Pattaya? It used to be the No. 4-ranked hotel in all of Pattaya by Tripadvisor traveler review. From what I remember, the proprietor was gay and gave you a key to the outside gate so you could come and go any time of night without disturbing anyone. The bungalows were situated along either side of a glorious swimming pool, and the place had a real community vibe. Then, all of a sudden, I never saw it listed anywhere. Not sure if I just wasn't looking for it or if it actually closed. Either way, it seems to be still in business, though, the most recent Tripadvisor review is from November 2018. If it's really open I'll definitely consider it during my November visit. Here's the Tripadvisor listing: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d656817-Reviews-Le_Prive_Pattaya-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

These rankings on tr-adv should be taken with a few tons of salt-certainly those with <1000 such and out of USA.

One can buy these for less as 50 cts/each in India.

As has also been subject in several other topics-changes come fast and in multitude in TH and one always has to adopt if one wants to cling to the old memories-how sweet they maybe are

I stayed there must be 13 years ago, it was run/owned by two young French guys at least one of who whom was a Doctor.

They were very friendly and would recommend restaurants and run us there in their car.

It wasn't a large place, I'm guessing it had about ten rooms, the rooms, or at least the two I stayed in, were a little dark and gloomy but the pool and surrounding area were lovely.

On my infrequent visits to Pattaya I stayed there about 6 times. It was located on the right down the quiet Thappraya Soi 1. I loved it. It had only six bungalows set around the pool. In addition there was a  bar and they served an excellent breakfast, although no other meals. They almost encouraged you to bring guests back and, yes, they gave you a key to the gate because it was closed at 10:00 pm. When I first stayed it was run by the two French guys. The last time I was there about 5 years ago they had split up and only one guy owned it. 

The website with a booking form is no longer.  I suspect it might be closed although both agoda and booking.com are taking bookings. On their sites high season rates are around 2,250 baht per night without breakfast which is roughly what was being charged 5 years ago.

phpeVmdDJPM.thumb.jpg.d92e6019fdd4995a786418ce3e233ba8.jpg

phpBMs6ZZPM.thumb.jpg.f4db78b2587104c59825f49b7d21b2ad.jpg

5 hours ago, traveller123 said:

I stayed there must be 13 years ago, it was run/owned by two young French guys at least one of who whom was a Doctor.

They were very friendly and would recommend restaurants and run us there in their car.

It wasn't a large place, I'm guessing it had about ten rooms, the rooms, or at least the two I stayed in, were a little dark and gloomy but the pool and surrounding area were lovely.

A Doctor?

I wouldn't mind staying there actually so I could consult with him