Chris

Cruising

49 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

There used to be a forum ,worldwide I think on cruising , is that still around ?

I didn't know there was. If someone can post a link to it, I'd be grateful. Otherwise perhaps someone here has some cruising tips for Bangkok/Pattaya.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, floridarob said:

https://cruisingforsex.com/

Most of the stuff is old and out of date...but gives you an idea at least.

You're right.  There was a time, maybe 15-20 years ago, I posted extensively to CFS.  It was one of the best cruising websites, contributed to by some awesome people.  I remember, too, Dreaded Ned's Thailand forums to which I posted.  What a free for all that was!  I recognize a couple of names on this forum who also posted there, back in the day.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

the park of the big Buddha was a cruising ground late at night. And the beach near Dusit

Dusit and Royal Garden were definitely cruising spots back in the day but no longer 

Buddha mountain still has an active crusing spot across the street and slightly uphill from the police box it's not the kind of place to bring a fat wallet!

In Bangkok I believe Lumpini Park used to be an active cruising ground, I had read that it had dropped off a lot compared to what it used to be but no idea what it's like now.

34 minutes ago, TMax said:

In Bangkok I believe Lumpini Park used to be an active cruising ground, I had read that it had dropped off a lot compared to what it used to be but no idea what it's like now.

Ah, that's interesting. I also read somewhere that Chatuchak Park is a good cruising spot. I walked through it once many years ago actually and there was one really cute Thai guy maybe around 25-30, following me everywhere. Unfortunately in those days I was totally shy and didn't catch on to his intentions

Now I'm living in Thailand, I'm a little older (45), but I'd love to have some fun 😊

Yes-that cfs was really good-a long time ago. I just checked it a few days ago and it was simply dead-even though they tell it now covers all of ASEAN.

BKK was/is always famous for its canalside cruising, success garanteed, for MBs-klong Lot, the canal running south from the Sanam Luang toward Chinatown. And long time ago that was also in ChiangMai evenings along the moat canal near the rebuilt gate-thats gone.

Recent reports told about VN guys hanging out along Silom, between the well knowns sois 2 to 6-some said near the busstop @ Christ. Hospital (thats near 6). ut again thats MBs looking for trade.

Some parks in BKK had a faint reputation for having it-after closing time (mostly 20.00 or 21.00-its always dark in the tropics then) and  near soldiers barracks/etc. This included a park (Saran Rom) between klong Lot and Wat PO. But frankly, IMHO it seems it is all just chance and random luck-or not. Plus that those Thai still going that way may not like white/other farang at all. Traditionally contacts in Thai were/are still very often the richer/older daddy/uncle seeking the younger/poorer guy having just come to town bahtless. You can-as khun lung GB explains-meet willing Thai at any place/any time. In fact those on the prowl will probably first find you as the other way around

1 hour ago, pong2 said:

Recent reports told about VN guys hanging out along Silom, between the well knowns sois 2 to 6-some said near the busstop @ Christ. Hospital (thats near 6). ut again thats MBs looking for trade.

........ In fact those on the prowl will probably first find you as the other way around

I can confirm from personal experience in May/Jun, I was offered sex at least on 2 occasions in no uncertain terms but somehow always I was on my way to other , equally sinister arrangements . I still was surprised by their well working gaydar, those Viets, I'm telling you.

It's clear that punters haven't lost their interest in cruising. Cruising offers something the apps can't: an in your face, three-dimensional experience.

It can happen anywhere and requires no other device but your eyes. It almost always involves other solo men, so that helps refine the search. And we all know what it is we're looking for. That bit of eye contact--sometimes obvious but often furtive. On the best of occasions, the guy may physically approach us and make clear his intentions as we've read above.

It's just a matter of ignoring your phone and allowing your eyes to do your talking. Nothing's guaranteed but anything is possible.

1 hour ago, reader said:

Cruising offers something the apps can't: an in your face, three-dimensional experience.

Very well said. My experience with apps is very limited ( just 5 cases, in 3 I contacted guy, in two they found me) and while service side was from acceptable to  outstanding, looks wise I'd grade from not-impressive to quite acceptable i.e . if I saw those guys in bar most likely I'd overlook them , in one case with great loss to me.