emiel1981

Trip report: Thailand September 2022

6 minutes ago, scott456 said:

What in the world? It's a hair saloon.

From what I remember, I went in with a lot of needs -- haircut, bleaching, facial, eyebrow sculpting, body waxing -- and all the work took us past closing time. At some point, the doors were shut, the "Sorry we're closed" sign was hung and a curtain toward the back of the shop was drawn. We were waiting for the facial mask to soak in when ... oh my god, what's happening?!

29 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

From what I remember, I went in with a lot of needs -- haircut, bleaching, facial, eyebrow sculpting, body waxing -- and all the work took us past closing time. At some point, the doors were shut, the "Sorry we're closed" sign was hung and a curtain toward the back of the shop was drawn. We were waiting for the facial mask to soak in when ... oh my god, what's happening?!

26 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

BTW, I highly recommend Cutey and Beauty for ALL your grooming needs. It's a really fun salon!

I’d say 

7 hours ago, a-447 said:

If you have time, could you please check out Natureboy?

I've had lots of fun times there over the years.

If I remember correctly there were reports on this forum that Natureboy is closed indefinitely, same as Golden Cock. But while I still have New Twilight on my checklist I will be able to tell you later as New Twilight is opposite of where Natureboy used to be/is. 

47 minutes ago, emiel1981 said:

If I remember correctly there were reports on this forum that Natureboy is closed indefinitely, same as Golden Cock. But while I still have New Twilight on my checklist I will be able to tell you later as New Twilight is opposite of where Natureboy used to be/is. 

When I left in July, Nature Boy was open (diagonally opposite New Twilight) but the crew seemed to be the guys from Golden Cock that is closed.

2 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

When I took a detour and walked back from Silom Road to Le Méridien via the Soi where Tawan is, there were some boys outside the closed Tawan. One of them looked good and offered to join me to my hotel room. But 5000 baht for "just a massage, no sex" was not what I was looking for. 

clearly they are not desperate for business or working hard to price themselves out of market

Thanks for those details.

19 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

On the other side of the soi, a tout tried to talk me into Freshboys. And as I set myself a goal on checking as much of the gogo bars as possible, I went in. 

The bar was packed. When I entered there were around 25 customers. At the beginning of the show (that started around 10:15pm) more guests came in. Till around 35 guests where seated around the stage. I counted only 5 girls, the rest was a good and balance mix of younger Asians and older farangs... 

The mamasan was fun, lively and not pushy at all. Same for the waiting staff. I've read other trip reports about airco freezing your tits off. That was not the case here tonight. Nice temperature. And also the music was not too loud to my opinion. Could still talk to mamasan en waiters. The wodka-coke costed me 400 baht. 

It's already interesting. When I was there in late July, about 5 weeks before you, the drink price was 350 baht. You are now reporting 400 baht. The crowd size you saw was better than what I saw. I think the peak crowd when I was there was about 25 -30 people.

18 hours ago, colmx said:

At that time BKK is only getting going!

Banana club is still welcoming customers, so don't go home to early!

I now can confirm this. Yesterday when I passed Soi 4 late, it looked like everything was closed because it was all dark. Today I was in Banana when it officially closed at 1am and was told they still open the upstairs bar till 4 or 5am. But outside in the street the turn down the lights so it looks closed as officially they are not allowed open that late still. 

30 minutes ago, emiel1981 said:

It's probably not populair to say this, but: I couldn't figure out why this bar is in a gay street. Yes, they have very good-looking guys. And as a gay you can take one home. But you probabaly end up paying too much money for what you get as I can't imagine these straight "gay for pay" guys will be any good. Some of the models ego is bigger than their cock I have the impression. But maybe somebody on this forum is having a great experience with offing a Jupiter boy (or models as they call it there)? 

your impressions are matching mine  and it goes back to my first or 2nd trip when they were back at old location where Moonlight is now.

Great looking but unsmiling guys so one never knows what to expect.

I had few good offs from there but two of them were transplants from Tawan, one was smiling but did not survive from last December till May and another one I also knew from Pattaya.  Few others were exactly as you say , ego bigger than cock or if there were good, experience was spoiled by them rushing for the exit, big sin in my eyes.

Other sins you did not mention is too strong AC and to loud a music, perhaps they toned it down. I despise their practice of reserving seats around the stage for 'better' customers. I understand that logic but still despise it.

Yes , I still go there every trip , usually early on after arrival, sometimes even 2-3 times  but  it's for eye candy only.

But in reality it's quintessential boy bar not gay bar and yes , it seems girls are more their targeted audience, both for management and a guys.

But we have other options so let them have it.   

• Members
3 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

It's probably not populair to say this, but: I couldn't figure out why this bar is in a gay street. Yes, they have very goodlooking guys. And as a gay you can take one home. But you probabaly end up paying too much money for what you get as I can't imagine these straight "gay for pay" guys will be any good. Some of the models ego is bigger than their cock I have the impression. But maybe somebody on this forum is having a great expierence with offing a Jupiter boy (or models as they call it there)? 

I can confirm my horrible experience with offing a Jupitor "straight" guy, it was so awful and nasty, that I really want to just forget.  I haven't gone back there since and would never.

5 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

Part 4: A night in Soi 4 - disappointed in Jupiter 

Disclaimer: if you're a big Jupiter fan, you probabaly don't wanna read this post as for sure you will disagree with almost everything I have to say. But... We all have different taste and opinions... 

20220903_222554.thumb.jpg.4980fff8b30bd4af58e7868995d916f9.jpgSaturday night in soi 4, around 10:30pm

Saturday night, time to hit the bars. Tonight I choose soi 4 to have a look around. Just before 10:30pm I arrived at Jupiter. Entrance fee (including 1 drink) was 400baht. It was crowded. All good seats in the house were taken and I was put on the far right hand side next to the stage. Next to the stairs from where the boys go down during their parades. 

There was a nice atmosphere because of the live singer. He was singing an English song that I didn't know but big part of the Asian audience was singing along. Probably some famous K-pop song. 

60+ guest, around 15 women. And during the show even more guests arrived. Till it was completely fully packed. I guess 95% of the guests were Asian, and I wouldn't be surprised if I was the oldest customer in house that night.  

The boy model parade began with the boys in tight black underwear. Wow. So many muscles, so many tattoos. For me it was like being in a candy shop. So many tasty stuff I wanna try. But somehow it didn't feel right. It was very obvious that the girls in the audience got almost all the attention (looks and winks) from the boys on stage. 

Screenshot_20220904-024057_Facebook.thumb.jpg.977855d92ebf58e2cad40727a112fabb.jpg

Jupiter puts clips of their boy parades on their Facebook page

Than the show started. Some acts I really had no idea what I was actually looking at. Other acts were oke. But what was remarkable that I didn't see any gay act. All acts where ladyboys interacting with the boys. As they were straight couple in love or seducing each other. And when a member of the audience was invited for a lapdance, they choose a girl to come on stage. 

More entertaining than most of the show was the reaction of an Asian girl next to me: shouting like she never did see any big cock before. Poor girl. Haha. 

It's probably not populair to say this, but: I couldn't figure out why this bar is in a gay street. Yes, they have very goodlooking guys. And as a gay you can take one home. But you probabaly end up paying too much money for what you get as I can't imagine these straight "gay for pay" guys will be any good. Some of the models ego is bigger than their cock I have the impression. But maybe somebody on this forum is having a great expierence with offing a Jupiter boy (or models as they call it there)? 

20220903_222619.thumb.jpg.68eef7b4ed953832c30b3f700f8355fd.jpg

One other strange thing was that at the second boy parade they were back in jeans. That's a strange build up: to have them walk in sexy underwear first and jeans later...

As I wanted to see if there would still come any gayness in the show I stayed till around 11:45pm. But I couldn't be bothered anymore by that time and left the building. To be in time for the midnight show at Banana Room. 

Also this place was busy, full of customers. Als here there were more woman inside than I did see in the bars in Patpong 2. Looks like soi 4 is more and more a place where straight girls on holiday come to have a crazy night out and that the bars in Patpong 2 still have mainly a male audience. You guys feel the same from your expierence? 

Screenshot_20220904_023612.thumb.jpg.1227a1b64984a0348c3dfbb7d199b5b7.jpg

Banana Room had the cheapest price what I've seen till now: 350 for the first drink. Not that many boys (left): only about 12 on stage. The show itself had a bit too many ladyboys lipsyncing to slow diva songs to my taste. But at least there was some boy-on-boy action happening here. Some deep sucking on a big cock. 

Side note; in the big cock shows and other acts where a hard-on is required, the boys are always wearing a condom. Why? If it is to bind off the penis to keep it hard, there are other (more beautiful) options, right? Use a cockring for example. 

But back to the show in Banana Room. From the 12 boys still available in the last hour the bar is (officially...) open, I found 3 that I could off. But actually in the meantime I had other plans made up. During the time I spent in Jupiter I chatted with a nice boy in Grindr. He is working in a massage place and we agreed to meet up at 1pm after he was free from work. That's how the night had a happy ending for me after all... 

Great report, may I know if Jupiter have any sexy show like towel dance back on stage? 

Never been Banana, will give a try next time.

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

Other sins you did not mention is too strong AC and to loud a music, perhaps they toned it down. I despise their practice of reserving seats around the stage for 'better' customers. I understand that logic but still despise it.

Yes , I still go there every trip , usually early on after arrival, sometimes even 2-3 times  but  it's for eye candy only.

I've read more comments in this forum about AC being too strong in multiple boybars. Till now, I didn't expierence this in either Jupiter, Banana, DreamBoy or freshboys. I do remember AC being much stronger in certain bars on my previous visits pre-covid. The loudest music (that it began to bother me) was in Banana bar. Other bars music volume was oke in my humble opinion. 

You are right about eye candy in Jupiter. So many guys there on stage that I would like to get into my bed. But it was also frustrating knowing these boys weren't interested at all. Like holding a bone in front of a dog, but not giving it to him. 😕

I would recommend going there early jus to get in the mood. But don't make it the main bar in your evening hunt for fun. 

3 hours ago, yp11 said:

Great report, may I know if Jupiter have any sexy show like towel dance back on stage? 

Most of the acts involved (hot, muscled) guys in underwear. Few times a (big, hard) cock was on display. Nothing special. Compared with shows in other bars Jupiter is putting on a soft show. No boy-on-boy action. The only interaction of some kind (a bit of touching, stripping) was boy-on-lady(boy).

On 9/1/2022 at 11:23 PM, macaroni21 said:

And if you could take a close look at the doors of Lucky Boys, Screw Boys and Bangkok Massage (all on Patpong 2) for any signs of re-opening, e.g. interior clean-up or remodelling.

Didn't notice it at nighttime. But today when walking in Patpong 2 in daylight, I did see a sign at Bangkok Massage... 

20220904_154427.thumb.jpg.38a6578ccb7af85fb45b54cbb3f15a3e.jpg

Google lens translates:

Screenshot_20220904_155220.thumb.jpg.fbd8d76c4bc26c7edc9acc2b3c56950c.jpg

So it looks like they have plans to re-open. No word yet about when... 

The distinction between gay bar and boy bar tells us a lot about the evolving demographics of patrons. Women, on the whole, are becoming wealthier as they choose to delay or forego marriage. This is particularly true in Japan, China and Korea. Their dollars may be a different shade of pink but more negotiable to the otherwise straight boys who parade on the stages of given bars in BKK and Pattaya. That doesn't mean we can't still enjoy the eye candy but I find that I can see all I want just walking around. And I get a lot more smiles that way, too. 😉

So if the ladies contribute to keeping the venues open, we should applaud their largess.

17 minutes ago, reader said:

So if the ladies contribute to keeping the venues open, we should applaud their largess.

I do. after all there's no difference for me who snatches for an off my favorite boy before I make move - Korean girl, Chinese lady, young Latino or elderly farang, member of this forum.

Yes , sometimes their behavior is annoying with all that squeaks but guys in audience may be annoying too being excessively drunk or smoking even if not allowed.   

Point where girls are dangerous and this OP noticed at Jupiter is that they may be getting too much attention from boys. But even there there's good point - they are getting a lot of attention from staff as well thus leaving us alone and free from pestering

7 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

I've read more comments in this forum about AC being too strong in multiple boybars. Till now, I didn't expierence this in either Jupiter, Banana, DreamBoy or freshboys. I do remember AC being much stronger in certain bars on my previous visits pre-covid. The loudest music (that it began to bother me) was in Banana bar. Other bars music volume was ok in my humble opinion. 

You are right about eye candy in Jupiter. So many guys there on stage that I would like to get into my bed. But it was also frustrating knowing these boys weren't interested at all. Like holding a bone in front of a dog, but not giving it to him. 😕

You also reporting quite a crowd inside so AC is not as obnoxious  than blowing to half empty space.

Music is Ok when we can hear what somebody sitting beside us is saying, unfortunately not always a case in some venues.

In defense of Jupiter boys, their expressionless faces  are product of bar policy so don't automatically assume they are not interested. For some reason management doesn't want them to be seductive and thinks it's clinet who should make a move. Even boys who knew me from an off  tend to stare blank when I'm there next time.

But yes, unfortunately in many cases we are buying looks but also attitude there.  

1 hour ago, reader said:

(...) but I find that I can see all I want just walking around. And I get a lot more smiles that way, too. 😉

With Thais still wearing their masks everywhere (even outside on the streets) it's hard to see if a boy is flirting. And smiles are not seen trough that masks... Thank god at least the boys on stage don't wear masks...

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I do. after all there's no difference for me who snatches for an off my favorite boy before I make move - Korean girl, Chinese lady, young Latino or elderly farang, member of this forum.

Somehow I think there is a difference for me. I would like to think at least there is some kind of equal opportunity and fair competition here. But when the hot "straight" boy on stage has to choose between a girl in the audience or me, I thinks I don't make a fair chance anymore... And sometimes that makes me a jealous bitch... Lol

53 minutes ago, vinapu said:

You also reporting quite a crowd inside so AC is not as obnoxious  than blowing to half empty space.

Music is Ok when we can hear what somebody sitting beside us is saying, unfortunately not always a case in some venues.

Fair point about the AC. Maybe that also works for music volume? The more people inside, the more the music will be muted by human bodies working as sound absorbing object...?