emiel1981

Trip report: Thailand September 2022

I have started thinking of my next trip, around March next year and was considering which hotels to choose from. My last few trips I stayed at the Raya without any issues at all but was also thinking to try Tarntawan again but after reading some reports I think Raya may win out. I switched from Tarntawan to the Raya when Tarntawan management changed and dollar for dollar the Raya then was better value but now it seems it may be better to pay the extra and stay there again. After all, missing so many years of travel due to "pandemic" I may just treat myself, got a lot of missed times to make up for. 

21 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

During my last trip I decided not to book Bally Suite anymore. The rooms are showing age. Air-conditioning was not working well. And you have to be in luck with the allocation of your room. If you’re placed in a room at the DJ Station side of the hotel, you will be able to hear the music in your hotel room almost as loud as if you are in the club itself. D Varee Express I would still recommend

I think this is the first I've heard of D Varee Express. It looks to be right next to G.O.D. Are the rooms somehow insulated from the thumping bass of that place? Does anyone else have any input on D Varee Express? It looks like it has an excellent location. I'd love to stay in that neighborhood.

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

Some of cheap hotel have their use for me when arriving late or departing late evening / early in the morning. Paying full rate for very reduced room use doesn't make any sense for me so if my flights land say at 3 am or depart at midnight I book for first and last night or two room in one of those cheapies. this way even for half day I still have bed and shower.

A lot of wisdom in this reply. Thank you very much for this fantastic idea! My fights to Bangkok often arrive at 2:30 a.m. or 6 a.m., then leave around midnight.

11 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I ask this question in all innocence; are there any gay men who wish to see ladyboy shows? Honestly?

Yes but only if I go to one of the ladyboy cabarets for a night out with friends

29 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I ask this question in all innocence; are there any gay men who wish to see ladyboy shows? Honestly?

They may not be numerous but there are. In Pattaya, the cabaret shows at The Venue and Castro draw decent crowds. The difference is that these bars position themselves as showbars and the clients go there wanting/ expecting that. I think their prices are also much lower than the boyticeria prices ( haven't been in lately) so they achieve a high-ish level of customer satisfaction.

The boyticeria, on the other hand, charge customers for their shows when customers are looking for sex and do not care much for their shows.

It's like @Gaybutton's example of some hotels making all their guests pay for Christmas dinner whether they wish to participate or not.

And as @emiel1981 reported above, even if the show price is jusifiably built into the first drink, why is it also in the second drink?

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Somebody must like them because as far as I can tell every one of these shows include ladyboys.  If the venues were not profiting by these shows, then why would they present them?

The ladyboys in these shows are one of the main reasons I don't go.  Even on the rare occasions when I think the show is one I can enjoy, the ladyboys ruin it for me.  Sorry, but spending my time and money watching these zero talent ladyboys is not my idea of enjoying the evening,  Include me out.

"I hope you ENjoy - your eeeeveNING"

Bela Lugosi (Dracula)

3 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

By the way: where else do they have a toilet boy who gives you small shoulder massage while you are washing your hands after peeing... Lol Special gesture of hospitality in Tawan! 

it looks they re-introduced an idea, was not there in may but yes , if was feature of old location.

Not exactly hospitality though, guy was expecting small tip  , like 20 baht for his troubles. If you did not tip him , next tip make up and tip him 40 please 

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

I don't but treat them as part and parcel of boy hunting experience in the bars along with deafening music,  freezing A/C, pushy mamasans and of course smiling boys on the stage.