emiel1981

Trip report: Thailand September 2022

On 9/26/2022 at 2:00 PM, emiel1981 said:

Sorry I don't remember his tag nr. 

But for sure you will recognize him by his smile... 

He does not participate in big cock show or any other act in stage. Only just parading on stage. Remember he is still a shy guy... 

I been hotmale last night and found there is a guy with cute smile, not sure if he is Mr. Cutesmile that you mentioned in review.

Lean muscle and short, gold color hair with cute smile, however he been booked by a guest after the parade.

13 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

I like 

NamsTaxi LadyDrivers

1300bt Bangkok to Jomtien, including tolls. Very safe drivers. I've used them a few times now.

I agree. NamsTaxi is excellent and they've even reduced prices a bit, apparently. I just booked them from BKK to Jomtien for 1000 Baht (small sedan). https://www.namstaxiladydrivers.com/

On 9/24/2022 at 2:41 AM, emiel1981 said:

But when I booked my flight ticket I could only use the special rate for fully refundable ticket till end of September. That's why I booked it anyway

thank you for this trip report - among the very best & most informative.  Especially appreciate your pics to get a sense of the places described.

gneral question for forum re; airfares to Thailand: crazy expensive R/T from East Coast US in January now….least expensive business is $5500 and I’ve been looking everyday for it to go down & its not moving.  Any suggestions ?  It’s not a 100% dealbreaker, but don’t want pay more if it can be avoided …I was expecting $3500 range, but maybe it’s just inflation and it is what it is ?

1 hour ago, Slvkguy said:

thank you for this trip report - among the very best & most informative.  Especially appreciate your pics to get a sense of the places described.

gneral question for forum re; airfares to Thailand: crazy expensive R/T from East Coast US in January now….least expensive business is $5500 and I’ve been looking everyday for it to go down & its not moving.  Any suggestions ?  It’s not a 100% dealbreaker, but don’t want pay more if it can be avoided …I was expecting $3500 range, but maybe it’s just inflation and it is what it is ?

Why not considering economy class on more reasonable prices ?

10 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

Indeed, Google shows right now RT from NY to BKK for mid-Jan 2023 with 1 (or 2) reasonable stops (up to 4h duration only) for less than £800 (i.e. about $950 at the current exchange rate) - and not just one but several options.

1 hour ago, Boy69 said:

I do fly economy on short haul flights.   No way I could do NYC - Bangkok w total travel time of 24 hours minimum w decent connection.  There just comes a time where it has to be comfortable.  I’m going to keep trying for Thailand before I move to plan B.

The prices were somewhere between $3500 - $4000 a couple months ago…I should have booked it then ;(

I can afford business class but my tough North U.K. upbringing has conditioned me to travel MAN > BKK economy, saving approximately £2000 / $2200. Yes it’s uncomfortable that way - small seats, queuing to use the toilets, no sleep with the constant Noise and adjacent passengers wanting to get past etc etc. But I used to run marathons 20 years ago and they were also similarly uncomfortable even painful but the satisfaction in reaching the finish was huge. It’s the same for me travelling economy where the satisfaction is reaching Bkk saving 2000 quid on the business fare.

2 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

I do fly economy on short haul flights.   No way I could do NYC - Bangkok w total travel time of 24 hours minimum w decent connection.  There just comes a time where it has to be comfortable.  I’m going to keep trying for Thailand before I move to plan B.

The prices were somewhere between $3500 - $4000 a couple months ago…I should have booked it then ;(

No idea what planet you are travelling from but those prices seem out of this world.

Prices from NYC to Bangkok in January on business class can still be had for under $4,000. Skyscanner.com has great deals, as usual. I looked at some of the options and put in the dates of 17.01.2023 for departure and 31.01.2023 for the return and the best options seem to be on Turkish Airlines. which is a perfectly good airline. Some of the results below.

26 hours on the way up and 24 hours on the way back for $3,844. Pay a few hundred more ($4,150) and Turkish Airlines will even get you there in 21 hours and 45 minutes.

Skyscanner.com ...infinitely better than lying Google.

Skyscanner  Cheap flights from New York to Bangkok 17.01.2023 & 31.01.2023.png

4 hours ago, dscrtsldnbi said:

Indeed, Google shows right now RT from NY to BKK for mid-Jan 2023 with 1 (or 2) reasonable stops (up to 4h duration only) for less than £800 (i.e. about $950 at the current exchange rate) - and not just one but several options.

From EURope lowest prices are now about the same-whereas I could always pre-covid and with a reasonable 2-3 month advance book for aorund 600 (€ of course), even on Swissair. But for stays >1 month-taking profit of  the temp. 45 days limit, they go even up more, hardly anything <1000 (well, Saudi, not my choice)

8 hours ago, JimmyJoe said:

I agree. NamsTaxi is excellent and they've even reduced prices a bit, apparently. I just booked them from BKK to Jomtien for 1000 Baht (small sedan). https://www.namstaxiladydrivers.com/

I would double check that. On one of their emails to me they accidentally said 1000bt after having quoted 1300bt from Surawong to Jomtien for small sedan. But safety and being on time are the important issues. If it is 1000bt do let us know here.

10 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

I would double check that. On one of their emails to me they accidentally said 1000bt after having quoted 1300bt from Surawong to Jomtien for small sedan. But safety and being on time are the important issues. If it is 1000bt do let us know here.

I believe I'm quoting the correct rate. It's also on their website. I might have been unclear. My quote is from BKK (Swampy airport) to Jomtien. The 1300 B you mention, I believe is from downtown Bangkok (Surawong) to Jomtien. Which means we're both right. And, as you say, the important thing is it's an excellent and safe car service.

On 10/25/2022 at 10:43 PM, Slvkguy said:

Any suggestions ?

Not sure if this might be cheaper, but if you can take a budget airline to L.A., San Jose or Honolulu, there's a new long-haul budget carrier called Zipair Tokyo. It flies, as the name implies, to Tokyo. From there, it flies to Seoul, Singapore and Bangkok. It might be worth checking out. Zipair.net.

I recently took a flight on this airline. I loved it, and I'm a particularly fussy flyer.