Olddaddy

Your life as a senior gay man

10 minutes ago, vinapu said:

you need seriously start thinking about increasing your alcohol intake and consider fine spirits only as cheap beer tend to lead to depression

Usually I don't drink ,but having dinner with a friend last night he gave me sweet white wine 🍷🥂, and I loved the sweet white  wine ,drank a few glasses and U slept the best I ever had ,just woke up actually and I'm afresh ready to hit the gym !!

I won't drink again though for awhile even though they say red wine is good for health ?

Any wine drinkers here ? 

Screenshot_20220908_082131.jpg

1 hour ago, fedssocr said:

According to my financial planner's calculations my money should well outlast me. So that's all good news.

your money should not outlast you - be smart/spend everything 

Try to enjoy life to the full. Don't dwell on the past or worry about the future. Now is the only time that matters.

Op says:

"my goal this year starting from October 1st to December 31  is to suck as many cocks , and be fucked ".

Start now not October...u know what to do next time u come across African guys...

U say usually u don't drink. Many guys do not drink or smoke but are happy when they get fucked multiple times bare-backed.

Good luck to them!

Remember the saying:

"Enjoy yout life, or die trying"

😄

1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

Is it Christmas in Australia? 

Lol, 🤣my Filipino boyfriend Marc put the Xmas tree up yesterday 

He said they do that in the Philippines this early 😳, and wrapped empty boxes as presents underneath ,oh I just let him do it 😊👍

I found as I get older I have to take vitamins ,Berocca etc to overcome fatigue 

I'm now aiming for more meat in my diet ,sounds strange I know comparing that they say eat less but I stopped off beef & chicken for awhile and I had less energy 

How else have you changed as you got older ?

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

But I'm not one now  to waste time working continually for money my goal this year starting from October 1st to December 31  is to suck as many cocks , and be fucked 

I don't know you personally.  I have an impression, though, after reading many of your postings on Thai forum and on the Philippines, etc.  I'm left with the impression that you are uncomfortable with being gay, how others may view you and your sexual preference and other things in your life ... and that you throw caution to the wind and are unconcerned not only about your own health ... but about that of others who follow behind you and trick with the same young men.  For me, it begs the question:  do you value your life?  Harsh comments?  Yes.  But sincerely offered from someone approaching his mid-70s.

43 minutes ago, Slvkguy said:

your money should not outlast you - be smart/spend everything 

if I knew exactly when I was going to die that would be a lot easier to do. I will have plenty to spend. Ultimately there will be some left to be given away and I don't have a problem with that

2 hours ago, fedssocr said:

You would have to know the exact time of your death to do a countdown.

you guys need to lighten up a bit - there’s an old saying in America “the last check you write should bounce” …..it’s a joke, said typically tongue-in-cheek and not serious, yet there is some validity to it.

the article below is a few years old, but still holds

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-the-last-check-you-write-before-you-die-should-bounce-2015-07-14

21 minutes ago, Mavica said:

don't know you personally.  I have an impression, though, after reading many of your postings on Thai forum and on the Philippines, etc.  I'm left with the impression that you are uncomfortable with being gay, how others may view you and your sexual preference and other things in your life ... and that you throw caution to the wind and are unconcerned not only about your own health ... but about that of others who follow behind you and trick with the same young men.  For me, it begs the question:  do you value your life?  Harsh comments?

this is 100% projection - meaning he is putting his own stuff onto someone else.  pay no attention.

17 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I for one , am with age even more concerned what other think if only because  I'm glad to piss them off  knowing what tickles them. 

True 🤣

But do it cautiously,there's a lot of weirdos out there .

I probably wouldn't walk through say Soi Buckhao late at night holding hands with a youngish looking 18yo boy though😊

7 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

True 🤣

But do it cautiously,there's a lot of weirdos out there .

I probably wouldn't walk through say Soi Buckhao late at night holding hands with a youngish looking 18yo boy 

you right but being old doesn't equate stupid, rather we can draw on our and others life experience.

You probably also right about soi Bukhao although I must say never in Pattaya I got nasty comment or looks when walking with boy , rarely hand in hand though.

My favorite hotel is Classrooms which sits atop of girl bar and their patrons also ignored me at best when going upstairs with guy, at times  even smiling knowingly. Fact that my guys are quite  older than school age helps I guess

15 minutes ago, vinapu said:

, yahooo !

Beautiful feeling  that I don't need to work ( I still do though  out of greed I guess ) and listen to corporate crap is another bright spot in  aging. In fact there are  very few things I feel I must do and even those , like contributing to this forum are rather easy on me. 

Great point about still working as we age , how many older gay men on here still working, especially in jobs they don't like?

I think once past 65 don't waste your life ,go out and enjoy it and spend it .

Are you all working only for the $$$ or is it lonileness?

There guys at my workplace who are in that 70's always talking about retirement loaded up with $$$ but will never retire as work is their family & social life .

They will die wasting their life .

5 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Great point about still working as we age , how many older gay men on here still working, especially in jobs they don't like?

I think once past 65 don't waste your life ,go out and enjoy it and spend it .

Are you all working only for the $$$ or is it lonileness?

There guys at my workplace who are in that 70's always talking about retirement loaded up with $$$ but will never retire as work is their family & social life .

They will die wasting their life .

I'm personally completely politically incorrect when comes to retirement issue and my whole working life I was and still am firm believer in mandatory retirement. We all met in our working lives people who were just warming seats blocking younger from advancing. 

Of course as most believers I didn't do what I preach and still toil part time but certainly would accept easily if they did not prolong my contract.

Sure if we are impossible to replace,  employer should be free to re- hire us  but when warranted with new conditions. For those who believe they are impossible to substitute at their jobs I have news -     cemeteries are full of irreplaceable people.

I wouldn't be too harsh on those who are working in 70 ties if they can if really that's their family and social life. That's their fault they  did not care about those earlier and still need to fill their days with toil and commute but yes , I agree working till somebody collapses or gets hit by dementia is debatable joy.

11 minutes ago, Ruthrieston said:

I got kicked out of my last job for the criminal offence of being gay, though a great lawyer friend fought for me for free and got me a whole year's salary to go quietly. I was 53 when I gave up looking for another job, took my small pension, sold my lovely flat which still had a big mortgage on it, and moved to live in Thailand, and that was eleven years ago. Since the UK pound is so weak my income is a lot worse now, but life is still fine. I live alone, pay for sex when I want it, enjoy some good food, swim every day for exercise, have a few good friends. Not a bad life, if not exactly what I had planned.

I guess too you will be better off when your 67 and can apply for the UK aged pension.

That's a big leap you made though and took a risk.

As long as your happy in your current lifestyle, I guess you have had some regrets though time to time of moving their too early but sounds like you made the right decision 👍

7 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

For those of you over 60 as a gay man how is your lifestyle now?

Obviously your life goals change as you get older over 75 etc when your lifespan becomes around 5-7 years left ?

Are you living life to the fullest ,travel,sex etc 

I ask this because I realised as we get older there is a countdown to life 

Of course there is a countdown to life. But none of us really know when that will be unless we have an untreatable illness. Why do you assume that lifespan will end at 82 - 84. For many it will, but for others it won't. I would hate to live feeliing that I had to pack everything into life before I am 84. One day I will not be alive. I'll leave it to fate to decide when that will be.  The main thing for me is that I have wills and executors and know that whatever I leave will go to those I wish to have it.

Am I living life to the fullest? The answer is definitely yes. I am well over 60. Having retired from my main job, I still work part-time as I have always loved the work I do and cannot imagine life without some involvement in it. Prior to covid, I travelled quite extensively and will definitely continue to do so as barriers to travel break down. I already have four trips planned and tickets booked for one. Again, I cannot imagine life without travel to those places I enjoy and meeting the friends I have made there. The one limiting factor may be travel insurance as I gave up my annual policy 3 years ago. But one of my credit cards offers good travel insurance on a per trip basis which is fine for me.

As for sex, I have a partner and am very happy in Bangkok. It is some years since I was a regular at gay venues. On my trips, though, if my partner can not join me because of his job, I have more freedom to meet guys if I wish. I do and have rarely had a problem meeting up with nice guys. My partner and I discussed this and he is not concerned about it. But I always tell him about my adventures on my return.

We go out to various types of restaurant quite regularly and enjoy meeting up with our friends (who are mostly gay). 

The thought that I might have to countdown to a definite ending date horrifies me!

• Members
4 hours ago, fedssocr said:

if I knew exactly when I was going to die that would be a lot easier to do. I will have plenty to spend. Ultimately there will be some left to be given away and I don't have a problem with that

All Americans (and people in most of the western world) have access to social welfare if they are below poverty line, that is the safety net.   Social welfare pay for medical care, senior housing, nursing home stay(if it is determined you can not take care of yourself). There are case managers who can coordinate everything for you if you don't have family.   All you need to do is to wait to die.  I prefer living in the U.S. in my dying old age after I have spent all my money enjoying a good life.  I pay tax while working, and I will be happy to get those tax back through social welfare.   But my best scenario is to die right after I have run out of my fund.  If I have a terminal disease and in suffering, I will certainly pursuit euthanasia.

Almost all Asian countries including Thailand and Philippines have no such social safety net, and the older people there have to have money saved for their own senior lives, and be very careful of evil scammers and relatives. (or produce next generation and train them to respect and take care of older people, this is the core value of Confucius teaching that spread in most Asian countries)

I was told a long time ago from an older guy....the regrets you will have at the end of your life will be the things you didn't do, not the things you did. Rings very true to this day.

To get something of a visual, how much time you have left:

https://www.businessinsider.com/infographic-of-your-life-in-weeks-2015-2?r=MX&IR=T

Or if you plan to live to be 90:
https://www.bryanbraun.com/your-life/weeks.html