Olddaddy

Your life as a senior gay man

I understand your dilemma wtfool. Unfortunately you’re in the closet everywhere. You can stay in the closet at home in uk, but it’s too bad when you went to Thailand you didn’t just come out there. It’s that much harder now that you have established straight friends.

I watch football in bars in Pattaya. They’re all straight there. I talk to them but I don’t exchange numbers because they will not want to associate with me when they find out I’m gay. Well most of them. One time I brought a money boy with me and they all knew we were gay. 
People assume I’m straight at my condo, until I bring boys back. I often meet straights that question me in a roundabout way to see what my sexuality is. I try not to hide I’m gay, if they ask I tell them. One time I lied though and I feel awful about it. I had great tenants renting my condo and I was afraid I’d lose them if told them I was gay. Sometimes when I tell a bargirl I’m gay they are very surprised. I don’t know why, there’s so many gays in Thailand.

I would have many straight friends in Thailand if I was straight. They seem more approachable and friendly than the gay farang I meet there. Gays can be clicky and judgmental themselves. But I try to be friendly with any gays I meet. I would like to have some real gay friends in Thailand than the superficial ones I know now.

Wow!  what a lot of talk, advice and confessions!  Best thread in a while!  of course it would be better if we throw in picture or two of our hot men.

I came out to family and close friends in my 30's but not at work until my fifties working in a professional university environment. I initially lost a few "friends" because you "lied" to us. but 6 months later they were friends again.  Mom was mad at me cause I told dad first (4 years earlier, he said don't tell mom)...

I don't present as gay, but if asked often say I'm Bi.  why.... because I have fucked a couple of girls and it was fine.  but honestly their bodies do not turn me on like the firm muscled abs of a man... and the musk of man (heaven!}.

But telling your friends you are Bi works for most of them.  somehow even homophobic  straights don't mind Bi men as much as gays.  Then you get to talk more about it... and issue fades away.  

WTfool this strategy might serve you in Pattaya.  your "friends" as many have said are there for the same reason as you....  to get laid.

Or adding the 800B for a room to male conquests will not break the bank.

Make some Gay friends!.  they are here talking to you now!

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

It's like my friends that have drug, money, alcohol problems.....gotta want to help yourself before anyone else can.

How very true !

All you can do is offer support if they ask for it .

So many many mature aged gay men have alcohol problems that I know of ,many lonely & live by themselves ,one I know is 59yo and a nurse director of a big hospital and the other a associate professor of a university ,every weekend drink themselves to oblivion on wine .

8 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

then all his workmates start laughing

Yah, it seems to be a thing in Australia. I was in a Sydney bar with a rugby game on TV which I wasn't paying attention to and it was noticed. I ordered another beer while another guy was waiting at the bar for his order and he said to me, oh you're not Aussie, we were wondering why you weren't watching the game.

1 hour ago, xpaulo said:

Yah, it seems to be a thing in Australia. I was in a Sydney bar with a rugby game on TV which I wasn't paying attention to and it was noticed. I ordered another beer while another guy was waiting at the bar for his order and he said to me, oh you're not Aussie, we were wondering why you weren't watching the game.

A bit like the English soccer I guess ( sorry you call it football) , I was in Pattaya last July went into a english bar ,started with W up at soi bukhao and they were all cheering some teams , I can't stand the soccer and decided to get out of there before they all  cottoned on😂