DanyaHULUS

I want to leave Russia, I want help

9 hours ago, DanyaHULUS said:

Recently, I often think about leaving Russia, but I don't have the money and connections to help me, I'm interested in your opinion and advice on escape.

What seems to be the problem there?

Theres plenty of jobs it seems and they aren't a third World Country ?

There seems to be a lot of Russian I meet who like it there ,I

would love to visit Russia one day ,after this silly war 

6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

You wouldn't want to come here anyway.

Do a search on the "Aussie cossack" on YouTube, he was jailed for 10 months in Sydney yesterday for carrying the Russian flag! 

I joke you not 

I rather think you are joking.

Never heard of him before, but according to the first video I found on Youtube about him (seemingly by a supporter of his) he is facing a  jail term for "exposing the identity of an alleged paedophile in breach of a New South Wales Court suppression order".

This is presumably because the fool might wreck a forthcoming criminal trial.

According to other videos he was already in trouble for harassing politicians and/or various Covid protest nut-jobbery.

If DanyaHulus is genuine, your thread hi-jacking is in rather poor taste.

• Members

I know somebody, actually barely acquainted, that had the means to leave, for now, just enough for transport out, primarily prompted by the mandate of armed forces conscription in the context of this year’s invasion, the straw that broke the camel’s back already burdened by attitudes of homonegativity and general grass not at all green reality. Thriving elsewhere without resources is a major challenge. I am not up to speed on impediments to leaving the country if one has not completed military service while not exceeding the upper limit of age for the draft. 

16 minutes ago, Riobard said:

I am not up to speed on impediments to leaving the country if one has not completed military service while not exceeding the upper limit of age for the draft. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that such “deserters” are first jailed, then drafted. As I mentioned earlier, given the human rights catastrophe there, I believe that a host of countries would accept genuine asylum-seekers from Russia.

• Members
53 minutes ago, alvnv said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that such “deserters” are first jailed, then drafted. As I mentioned earlier, given the human rights catastrophe there, I believe that a host of countries would accept genuine asylum-seekers from Russia.

How to think this through? There is the conscientious objector persecution argument, that legitimizes asylum-seeking. However, that impedes running the gauntlet upon departure and any suggestion or fabrication of evidence of implicit or explicit anti-war or anti-Russian sentiment is imperiling. Such a candidate would likely not be producing documentation that asylum has been granted, thereby Russian officials graciously stepping aside.

If not a candidate for mandatory conscription it might be easier to cross out of Russia but the basis of claim for asylum-based entry might consequently be less robust, would not be an added factor that compounds other reasons that meet the convention. Paradoxically, the concrete evidence of persecution that underpins a basis of claim is usually manipulatively interpreted by Russian authorities as an undermining of patriotism. I believe that there is typically a scan of evidence and that documentation is best compartmentalized. Phone wiped clean of any declarations of antipathy or desired respite, bearing in mind that any one official might not be doing backflips about staying. 

That said, Ukrainians and Russians alike share some similarities in legitimacy. I am given to understand that either group is plagued by the necessity of biometric documentation, at least for admission to Canada. 

If you are capable of supporting yourself through online work or suchlike (easier said than done, I know) you may be able to travel to the Caucasus republic of Georgia. That’s presuming you’re going to be allowed out of Russia.

I follow a Russian YouTuber called NFKRS. He is an English language YouTuber and makes money that way.

His channel is here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MultiNfz

Since the war broke out he has moved to Tbilisi in Georgia.

He spoke about his immigration situation in one of his videos. Seemingly, a Russian can get a Visa to travel to Georgia for 360 days in a year. Then you can go to (say) Armenia for a week or two, and come back and start another 360 day Visa in Georgia.

Not sure if it’s quite as simple as that for everybody, but he is currently renting an apartment in Tbilisi, making money on YouTube and supporting himself in that way. Although he’s only 22, he doesn’t have to worry about the conscription issue, as he has a medical exemption.