reader

If you're coming to Bangkok

News reports are confirming first-hand accounts I've been getting from some workers in the Silom area of heavier than usual rain this season. Although the flooding isn't said to be as bad as in 2011, the volume of rain could be the most in two decades.

Authorities today are predicting up to three more months of above-average rainfall.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkoks-seasonal-floods-reveal-the-problem-of-short-term-thinking/

This certainly isn't changing my travel plans but I am mentally preparing on how it may affect my daytime schedule--and possibly for he better. Although I may have to curtail some plans for outdoor activity I hope to substitute those last-minute changes with increased visits to massage shops. Duck in for a 90-minute rub and a thunderstorm could spend itself by the time I emerge.

I saw the same news in the BKK Post last night. Obviously all of the building projects aren't helping, but I suppose the low-lying terrain is the biggest problem. Isn't the new governor some sort of civil engineer? I guess at least they did clear out the storm drains and canals which should help a bit. But these problems are going to keep getting worse due to the geography

5 hours ago, reader said:

Authorities today are predicting up to three more months of above-average rainfall.

we could use some of it where I'm. It barely rained in last month. Some scientist in the know said recently that to return to normal level of water in the ground we need about a week of continued rain.