peterholland

Gaybars in Phnom Penh

On 9/12/2022 at 8:28 AM, 12is12 said:

Hi Peter, 

I'll b there also in nvmbr. 

With ur permission, may I inquire why u preferred Rambutan to Arthur & Paul ?

Stayed in both and preferred Rambutan 

Firstly Rambutan is much cheaper, secondly the stairs had no rail going up in A&G

The sauna wasn't exactly clean and for the price I think at that time nearly double of  Rambutan  ,so yeah next door same quality and half the prives 

I'm stingy I don't like to spend money unless I get something for it .

I didn't think A&P was as good as the  French owner made out ,I actually asked him for a refund .

Me thinks best latest info is on the blogspot of christianpfc. He stayed there till early this yr-due to covid-reentry restrictions in Thailand so had plenty of time to spare. Plus he is determined budgetteer and findouthimself type. Also some reports about his visits to other minor provincial towns.

From what he describes I got the idea that due to law&etc it is not allowed as such to directly´off ´guys/persons, but most bars allow discreetly to have personal arrangements made after bar closes. Thats all up to the guys. Cambodia has a big history of all types of dowell development agencies that also introduced all the western ´hypes´ of that time-leading to all kinds of petty regulations. Though of course this is more like a side-effect of what has been intended as a basic good plan.

There was also a short-few days report later from a747 on this forum, as sidetrip out of Thailand

Indeed app etc is now the main mode to make contacts, followed by the massageshops (ask for extra service, if guy himself does not propose before-mostly 20/25US$ tip). I recall that most persistent behavior of guys in bars was watching their tiny screens if any search would hit them.

On also gets a bit the idea that all the better guys have left it and are now working already in Thailand-Pattaya is a big draw for them.

9 hours ago, pong2 said:

Me thinks best latest info is on the blogspot of christianpfc.

I agree. christianpfc's blog is not only interesting reading it is packed with facts of use to gay travellers. The only point I'd make (perhaps with a touch of jealousy!) is that christianpfc is a lot younger than many of the posters here and we should bear this in mind.