12is12

Sex in Koh Samui?

Hi Guys, 

The Koh Samui forum is dead, or at least a dead end. The Sawatdee one isn't much better. A google search brings up the usual websites, offering un-updated results. 

Cld anyone contribute anything updated about the place, or point me in the right direction?

Thx   (-:

I used to speak to a cute guy that worked in a hotel at Samui, he occasionally posted photos from some bar with his gay friends. Unfortunately, I don't know the names of the bars they frequented so I'm not really much help, but gay guys do exist on the island working at hotels so you might be able to find a gay local and ask where he goes drinking.

1 hour ago, vaughn said:

With the addition of a new ferry cruise between Pattaya and Samui maybe the sex scene will pick up in Samui in the future?

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/11/the-blue-dolphin-ferry-successfully-launches-its-first-route-of-pattaya-samui-on-saturday/

perhaps but who would be taking 13 hours cruise  departing from Pattaya of all places to look for sex in Samui if 10 minutes baht bus ride will do

10 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

Everything was so much better in the old days

Actually, I was kind of shocked. I had never seen anything remotely like that. It was only a year earlier and a trip to Costa Rica's Caribbean coast that I learned there was such a thing as sex tourism..... why did that nice middle aged man from Montreal in the next bungalow get a young local man to stay with him? In Koh Samui there were elderly overweight European men in skimpy bathing suits on the beach with two or three Thai girls of indeterminate ages, the ramshackle bars were packed in the evenings with drunk westerners and the local sex workers trying to get their attention and I was with a straight couple from home who had no interest in that scene.

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

perhaps but who would be taking 13 hours cruise  departing from Pattaya of all places to look for sex in Samui if 10 minutes baht bus ride will do

Fair point, from our perspective.

I was thinking that some particularly enterprising boys from Pattaya might see that tourists in Samui pay a lot for their hotels and they might be able to make some quick money with less competition from big spenders by going back and forth. That might be my business brain thinking, and it depends on what the ferry ticket costs are going to be I guess.

6 hours ago, vaughn said:

Fair point, from our perspective.

I was thinking that some particularly enterprising boys from Pattaya might see that tourists in Samui pay a lot for their hotels and they might be able to make some quick money with less competition from big spenders by going back and forth. That might be my business brain thinking, and it depends on what the ferry ticket costs are going to be I guess.

It's not practical for money boys from Pattaya unless they have long term falangs who takes them to a vacation in Koh Samui on long term basis.