abidismaili

Anyone else checked the latest airline prices ?

6 hours ago, scott456 said:

This is a bland cubicle, but at least it looks clean.

What do you want? Dancing girls and balloons? It offers the widest seat and ample privacy. I want function over glitz. And when I fart I don't worry about people on either side of me.

3 hours ago, abidismaili said:

I am surprised how many people here post the business class prices. Looks like a number of the forum members are wealthy people. Looking at this thread you will get the idea at least 50% flies business 

I don't think they're necessarily wealthy. The are older and that's how they choose to allocate their funds.

My total flying time (3 flights) to BKK is nearly 24 hours. The first domestic segment I fly economy.  If I fly between SE Asian cities I fly economy.  I picked up four compression fractures to my spine in a work accident long ago so long hauls in coach would be quite uncomfortable. .

5 hours ago, abidismaili said:

I am surprised how many people here post the business class prices. Looks like a number of the forum members are wealthy people. Looking at this thread you will get the idea at least 50% flies business 

mind you , always better to have rich friends than poor ones like vinapu

20 minutes ago, floridarob said:

if you can afford going to Thailand to boy hunt you are not poor 🤔

who says I'm poor? Oh, you are right , me above, LOL

Did you type your answer or just copy and paste my comment above? Dying to know

Actually Thailand is still very affordable destination minus whoring of course but even that is still economical particularly  if one restrict himself to no more than 3 boys a day.

I had good comparison last winter. Almost month in Thailand followed by 1 week Caribbean cruise about month later.

Removing only  money spent on boys in bars and massages that month , tourist part, flights included , even if I stay for  a change in quite a few decent hotels because of good rates they offered, I cost me only 600 $ more to spent month in Thailand than that weeklong cruise.

5 hours ago, reader said:

The are older and that's how they choose to allocate their funds.

I just flew R/T business to Europe from US.  It’s totally overrated in some ways, but I just can’t do an international overnite or daytime coach for more than 8-9 hours.  

The decision to spend more on business is based on a calculation on whether I’d like to arrive fresh (w sleep) & rested vs no sleep and aches/pains for 2 days.  When traveling for holiday - that can mean 2 days lost on the front end to recover.  At that point, the extra cost makes sense to save the 2 days. 

The recent day business flight from Europe to US seemed like a waste bc I could watch movies as easily in coach/premium economy

I’ve yet to experience any sort of culinary excellence on any airline in Business or First that surpasses a decent restaurant in my home cities. It’s reheated food and some better wines/champagne- not a big deal, no matter airline marketing that tells you otherwise. 

Thailand from East Coast US makes total sense business given relatively low cost. Other trips - case by case. 

21 hours ago, bucky13 said:

All you prima donnas that would surely die if you had to sit in coach deserve those ridiculously high prices.  🤣

Close--but no cigar. On long-haul flights of over nine hours duration, passengers seated in coach are 17.3% more likely to die en route than passengers in business (adjusted for load variation). 🤣

1 hour ago, paulsf said:

There are some good fares if you spend some time looking

what is point of reference ?  I’m looking now for January and they look high relative to prices I see referenced here - could it just be high season pricing ?

45 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Two things allow me to upgrade to business; firstly, the eight trips missed due to Covid and the money saved and, secondly, the fact that that I'm at an age when I  don't know whether I shall be able to manage future ones.

We can't take it with us , I say enjoy it now ,you worked for it 

On 9/18/2022 at 12:56 AM, Slvkguy said:

I’m looking now for January and they look high relative to prices I see referenced here - could it just be high season pricing ?

Air ticket prices to Thailand have traditionally increaased for the high season when families and individuals in many countries have longish holiday breaks. But airlines are also trying to find any way possible to recoup the massive losses sustained during covid.