zoomomancs

Is Dreamboys Moving?

On 9/18/2022 at 9:27 AM, zoomomancs said:

In Patpong (BKK) the bar underneath Hotmale usually has customers. Red Dragon Bar (sort of) underneath Freshboys and part of the same business is also worth a look. 

Red Dragon bar was closed when I walked past yesterday evening.

13 hours ago, JackR said:

Does this mean Lucky Boys (or the proprieters of Lucky Boys) will not be returning? Shame if so. I was looking forward to visiting it next time I'm in Bangkok, but never got the chance.

I assume Lucky Boys business model is not working for the Covid and post Covid era too big space too much boys working there it was relevant before the Covid strike when there were much more clients to cover the huge costs to operating such a big place.

21 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Red Dragon bar was closed when I walked past yesterday evening.

The last few nights I've been drinking there at about 22.00. There may be a lack of staff (and customers) sometimes. The former smaller bar in the group, nearer Surawong, has never reopened since Covid as far as I know.

2 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

The last few nights I've been drinking there at about 22.00. There may be a lack of staff (and customers) sometimes. The former smaller bar in the group, nearer Surawong, has never reopened since Covid as far as I know.

I think that's the bar I saw.

11 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

Someone - I forget who - mentioned 7th October as the target opening date. There has been plenty of grinding noise and activity by renovation workers visible at the new Dreamboys door nearest to Silom on a side alley so they seem to be going at the work energetically.

Sometimes thay can pull it shockingly fast. 

Few years ago old Hero was remodeling to become My Hero. Date of reopening was given and I visited site few  days before and what I saw made me sure thay won,t make it but just for fun I went on opening date and it was opened indeed. So by coincidence I was the customer on last  day as  Hero and on my first as MyHero. Hope be on first day when they reopen after forced covid break, if at all 

Last night (30 Sept) I in Dreamboy. Waitor says they move today= 1 October  to  the next door premises-before called Lucky Boys. The waitor says new bar "only on one level" ..no idea what he means as I already have a lot to drink.

The old premises I am told "will close".

Maybe someone can give report on the new Dreamboy as tonight is opening . 

I now in recovery from boozy and fun last night and into the early morning!

😂