Latbear4blk

Bogotá, December 2022/January 2023

• Members

Have not booked, but I should be arriving Dec30/31. The big day in Colombia is January 1 where it is traditional to host a large meal (barbecue) with friends and family to welcome the new year.  I was going to continue directly to Medalló but I might be convinced to spend a few days in the capital...let me check my usual place (Cra 7 by the Bodytech gym in Chapi).

• Members
5 hours ago, macdaddi said:

Have not booked, but I should be arriving Dec30/31. The big day in Colombia is January 1 where it is traditional to host a large meal (barbecue) with friends and family to welcome the new year.  I was going to continue directly to Medalló but I might be convinced to spend a few days in the capital...let me check my usual place (Cra 7 by the Bodytech gym in Chapi).

I would love to connect. It would be such an honor that you'd change your plans!

When you arrive on 30/31, I would already be a veteran, after almost a full week of runaway-slutting. 

8 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Do they allow visitors?

Yes, both hotels allow visitors. Guests can be registered at the reception; if you don't want to bother with this just walk your quests in and nobody will bat an eye.

Both are located on cra. 7 just to the north of central Chapinero (within walking distance) including Gigolo Erotic House bar. Good and safe location.

17 hours ago, speedoo1 said:

Sounds like the Mercure hotel. The nearby Holiday Inn Express has become much cheaper and is a better choice IMO.

I just looked at IHG prices for this hotel, 74$ a night seems high for Bogota  international hotels seem very high in Colombia in general..

• Members
18 hours ago, speedoo1 said:

Sounds like the Mercure hotel. The nearby Holiday Inn Express has become much cheaper and is a better choice IMO.

Both hotels are good options and allow guests. I usually stay at small complex up the hill on Cra 4 that has full apartments with an office area. Can't help it, being able to work anywhere means my work travels with me.

1 hour ago, maump said:

I just looked at IHG prices for this hotel, 74$ a night seems high for Bogota  international hotels seem very high in Colombia in general..

The rates I paid in July was around 50 USD/night - even cheaper if you prepay with an OTA (but obviously no IHG points then); just look up the hotel in Google map to find the OTAs with lowest rates. I don't like the exchange rates applied by the hotel when converting from USD to COB and then again by my credit card when converting COB to my my currency, hence, I found the OTA rates considerably cheaper.

• Members
10 hours ago, speedoo1 said:

The rates I paid in July was around 50 USD/night - even cheaper if you prepay with an OTA (but obviously no IHG points then); just look up the hotel in Google map to find the OTAs with lowest rates. I don't like the exchange rates applied by the hotel when converting from USD to COB and then again by my credit card when converting COB to my my currency, hence, I found the OTA rates considerably cheaper.

I can’t vouch for the ease of navigating the process as I’ve never done it, but theoretically IHG will match OTA rates due to their “best price guarantee” when booking through IHG direct channels. Maybe of use if you find yourself in this situation regularly. https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/customer-care/best-price-guarantee

21 minutes ago, belkinDC said:

I can’t vouch for the ease of navigating the process as I’ve never done it, but theoretically IHG will match OTA rates due to their “best price guarantee” when booking through IHG direct channels. Maybe of use if you find yourself in this situation regularly. https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/customer-care/best-price-guarantee

I did an Agoda reservation to holiday in express, then tried to get the points at the front desk, they said no, you must book thru us.  I said you the rate at Agoda was 15$ cheaper, they said call the hotel, tell them, they will verify it and match at the hotel.  I did that next time it worked.  no mention of 54x points.  

• Members
12 minutes ago, maump said:

I did an Agoda reservation to holiday in express, then tried to get the points at the front desk, they said no, you must book thru us.  I said you the rate at Agoda was 15$ cheaper, they said call the hotel, tell them, they will verify it and match at the hotel.  I did that next time it worked.  no mention of 54x points.  

Nice! It looks for this official “guarantee” with the additional points you have to submit the claim centrally via IHG rather than through the individual hotel (although good to know individual hotels can also price match which is probably easier to deal with than IHG)

12 hours ago, belkinDC said:

Nice! It looks for this official “guarantee” with the additional points you have to submit the claim centrally via IHG rather than through the individual hotel (although good to know individual hotels can also price match which is probably easier to deal with than IHG)

If you can speak the same language....

• Members

I was wondering whether reactivating this thread or starting a new one. I made the obvious decision.

I will be landing in Bogotá next weekend, staying one block away from The Theatron. I think I will need at least the entire first week to explore the gay bars on a 3 blocks radius from my base. 

I already have a few online contacts, and many recommendations shared here by @macdaddi and other connoisseurs. Does anyone have any updated information or last tips?

You have 7 more days to feed me.

EjWn.gif

• Members

Some places to consider that may not be on your list:

Zona T (south of Parque Virrey) has become the area of choice for many locals who find Chapigay to be over the top. Suggestions include:

1. Moza (formerly El Mozo) - largest gay dance club in the area and very popular with the best looking men in Bogotá (sorry Theatrón).

2. Cuecha Club - another dance club, however this one has a consistent offering of working boys on site.  Open Wed - Saturday

3. El Recreo de Adan (Orignal location on Cra 12a sounth of Clle.80) - while not actually a bar, this is a gathering spot to play board games and you can sign up to play with other groups-singles looking for additional players. The food is okay - burgers and sandwiches - but the cocktails and the crowds that gather here keep this bar popular with the locals. Always a fun way to kill a few hours and meet new people.

¡Hasta pronto!

• Members
48 minutes ago, macdaddi said:

Some places to consider that may not be on your list:

Zona T (south of Parque Virrey) has become the area of choice for many locals who find Chapigay to be over the top. Suggestions include:

1. Moza (formerly El Mozo) - largest gay dance club in the area and very popular with the best looking men in Bogotá (sorry Theatrón).

2. Cuecha Club - another dance club, however this one has a consistent offering of working boys on site.  Open Wed - Saturday

3. El Recreo de Adan (Orignal location on Cra 12a sounth of Clle.80) - while not actually a bar, this is a gathering spot to play board games and you can sign up to play with other groups-singles looking for additional players. The food is okay - burgers and sandwiches - but the cocktails and the crowds that gather here keep this bar popular with the locals. Always a fun way to kill a few hours and meet new people.

¡Hasta pronto!

I think you mean Chueca, right? Like Madrid's gayborhood? 

• Members
3 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I think you mean Chueca, right? Like Madrid's gayborhood? 

Erda.  You are correct - Chueca Club (Cra. 13 # 83-19). It has a pretty exclusive door policy so they tend to draw in a more moneyed crowd, hence the working boys. Just wear a clean shirt and a fake gringo accent and you are good to go. Or invite me to do all the talking :)

• Members
3 hours ago, macdaddi said:

Erda.  You are correct - Chueca Club (Cra. 13 # 83-19). It has a pretty exclusive door policy so they tend to draw in a more moneyed crowd, hence the working boys. Just wear a clean shirt and a fake gringo accent and you are good to go. Or invite me to do all the talking :)

You are forgetting that Argentineans are South American aristocracy, especially today.😇

• Members

Gigolo first then...I doubt you will leave that early with so much on offer. Plus I love watching the second wave of punters show around 11pm, many of them still horny from Dark Club. Checking...live sex show is Saturday nights but they are now adding a new Sex Room feature some nights.

Should be interesting...

I will be at the Scala 68 about seven blocks from the Saint Moritz in mid-Feb....for four days. It's quite cheap, about $30 per night U.S.. I was suspicious, but the reviews are okay, complaints about noise at night. It wouldn't be the first time I jerked off to a noisy guy in the next room. Let me know if it has a bad rep.