bucknaway

Is Thailand's Gay Nightlife Overpriced?

On 9/25/2022 at 5:50 AM, bucknaway said:

Is gay nightlife too expensive in Thailand?  Yes.  But that is not a good reason to stay away.

Does gay nightlife only mean GoGobars to you?

I have lots of places that I frequent which are not "expensive."

Bangkok:

DJ Station and the rest of the bars in the Soi.

God

Balcony, Circus etc.

Pattaya:

Tamnan kon E-san, not 100% gay but a very good percentage.

Dave Man Club (not sure if it is still there)

Jomtien Complex

There are many other places that I visit that are inexpensive. However, because I like Twinks, even GoGo bar visits are reasonably inexpensive for me.

Surely the answer is simple. If you really prefer and want to be with Thai and/or Asian boys, you have no choice. It has to be Thailand or another Asian destination. If you prefer Spanish-speaking South American boys, you have no choice. It has to be Brazil or elsewher ein S. America. I read in other forums here that Columbian boys are very much an attraction. The fact that Brazil is cheaper than Thailand is hardly likely to persuade many to switch their vacation plans in my view.

All of them? and aren't many of the them gay for pay? and exclusively tops? I've no experience so I genuinely don't know....I'm just echoing comments I've previously read on this site.

But for many years, I had wide experience of Thais on the scene; some weren't very skilled, a few weren't  very interested, most  were fine and some were excellent.

Prior to discovering Thailand in 2002 I spent quite a few holidays in gay favoured resorts in Spain and Greece, principally Playa del Ingles on the island of Gran Canaria. Then needless to say I was a lot younger and much better looking. I used to hit the gym hard for weeks before the trip. There was very little gay for pay involved and most time was spent on the gay beach and enjoying the nightlife. Plenty of sex yes but not essentially involving money. The nightlife was not priced much different to that in str bars and clubs but I always got though a fair bit of money.

Thanks bucknaway for coming back (I seem to have not noted you for quite a while) and with a thorough and to the point comparison.

Never been myself to BRasil and guess it will also not happen anymore (have been to the lower south of it-Paraguay-Uruguay-Argentina-Chile - all less dangerous in general), but as a normal touristy venture and meetings to Brasil guys were in that famous rent-a-guy sauna in Barcelona-it was OK there. The odd Columbian was better-but thats just a N=1 sample so says nothing.

BUT there is a way to meet and have pleasure from plenty of Thai guys and avoid all those overpriced drinks-which also means you do not even have to venture in the Silom ghetto. Just go to the Thai places. Some sauna´s in suburban BKK also have the odd very wild nite every now&then. Now there has not yet been 1 who explained or tried to calculate how much of that 400 bt (about 11€ or $) goes in the pockets of the guys in brown (BiB´s).

• Members
2 hours ago, pong2 said:

.....Some sauna´s in suburban BKK also have the odd very wild nite every now&then. Now there has not yet been 1 who explained or tried to calculate how much of that 400 bt (about 11€ or $) goes in the pockets of the guys in brown (BiB´s).

By paying 400 bt drinks, you are making contribution to the corruption.

• Members
5 hours ago, Londoner said:

But for many years, I had wide experience of Thais on the scene; some weren't very skilled, a few weren't  very interested, most  were fine and some were excellent.

And for Brazilians, I found none were lacking skill,a bare few were not interested, most were excellent, and some were superb! They are manly too. Not that that is a requirement, but it does comport with a confident top. All of this in my opinion, of course.

11 hours ago, Londoner said:

and exclusively tops? I've no experience so I genuinely don't know.

This is a good question and I genuinely don't know either, so would appreciate information from those who have experience with Brazil and/or Colombia. From my occasional glance at the Latin American sections of this forum, it seems to me that there is a lot of focus on muscularity and above all, the size of dick, which on the face of it, suggests that the keen visitors to these places are largely bottoms looking for tops. So the question is: would tops looking for bottoms find Latin American saunas, massage or other possible gay-for-pay places too frustrating?

This may be a factor in how some members here prefer Thailand. I don't really know but it seems to me to be worth an honest (and respectful) discussion.

Not all tops, not all gay for pay......even the ones that say they are only tops, when they are behind closed doors, say they do everything.

I know lots of tops that travel to Latin America....bottoms outnumber tops, just abut everywhere, everyone knows that.

Easier to find a horny bottom on the apps for free than a top too.....

On 9/27/2022 at 1:40 AM, scott456 said:

By paying 400 bt drinks, you are making contribution to the corruption.

Surely it is corruption - and only corruption - that keeps these bars open? If drink prices were reduced to 200 baht  and the content of the brown envelopes distributed at the end of every week/month significantly reduced, I'm prepared to bet that harrassment would follow, if not a closure order.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:47 PM, Boy69 said:

From what I saw in Chaturbate the Colombian boys among the most beautiful boys on earth the variety is amazing from blacks to white blondes from boyish slim to hunks a boy for every taste,I am so excited for my upcoming trip in November. 

I have occasionally looked at the chaturbate and similar sites. I have to agree that while I am all but exclusively interested in Asian guys, some of those Columbians with their smooth skin, winning smiles and great bodies could certainly tempt me. 

• Members
On 9/26/2022 at 8:08 PM, macaroni21 said:

This is a good question and I genuinely don't know either, so would appreciate information from those who have experience with Brazil and/or Colombia. From my occasional glance at the Latin American sections of this forum, it seems to me that there is a lot of focus on muscularity and above all, the size of dick, which on the face of it, suggests that the keen visitors to these places are largely bottoms looking for tops. So the question is: would tops looking for bottoms find Latin American saunas, massage or other possible gay-for-pay places too frustrating?

This may be a factor in how some members here prefer Thailand. I don't really know but it seems to me to be worth an honest (and respectful) discussion.

Let me be the first to admit I am a bottom, and I am into man's body, NOT boy's body.  I am into deep manly voice, not high pitch boy's sound.  I spent a few years traveling to Thailand feeling frustrated, The first time I landed in Brazil, it opened up a whole new world for me.  I have met quite a few sex machines, who delivered 100% as promised, some can even cum multiple times in one session as long as the fee is negotiated accordingly.  So I prefer Brazil now, but still go to Thailand to enjoy the scene.

As far as crime rate in Brazil.  It is known already, but the party and sex scene is also know.  So you just need to be cautious while visiting Brazil for fun.

I wouldn’t go hangout in Lapa myself, but if you have darker skin or are African decent that don't look out of place, then it should be easier for you to mingle.

39 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Can someone compare the prices of a pint of draught Lager in a gay (non ago go) bar in Silom to similar in London (Soho) please?

Silom 4: Balcony Pub http://www.balconypub.com/  500ml draught Chang 140 baht.

London: hard to find exact prices. Expect to pay 5-7 UKP in Soho.

Exchange rate: do your own conversion!

1 hour ago, Patanawet said:

So Thailand not so bad, however I recall when I first moved here a score or more years ago, Thailand prices were a fraction of London prices.

They were, but a lot of it is the exchange rate. Using @thaiophilus 's numbers, the chart shows the number of Chang beers you could buy for the cost of a Soho pint. Currently it is 1.75 but in the past it has been as high as 3.25. This doesn't account for any change in the local currency cost of beer, which may make the difference even larger. 

Chang Beer to Soho Pint Index.jpg

Thailand is more expensive than the Philippines in terms of buying sex 

1000 pesos and under I paid for most tops to fuck my old daddy butt I think that's like 700 baht 

The only thing that Thailand was much cheaper on was hotel accommodation which I was shocked at Philippines prices which was double Thailand hotel prices 

Everything else was cheaper in Philippines 

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

1000 pesos and under I paid for most tops to fuck my old daddy butt I think that's like 700 baht 

The only thing that Thailand was much cheaper on was hotel accommodation which I was shocked at Philippines prices which was double Thailand hotel prices 

Everything else was cheaper in Philippines 

So a vacation in The Philippines with a couple of boys a day probably costs roughly the same as in Thailand.

.....but perhaps in a less attractive hotel?  Thai prices at the moment must be as good as anywhere else in the world, taking into account the quality available.

We're booked into the Amara in Chiang Mai- a 4* place- in November; prices are only 50% of what they were in the January pre-Covid, our last visit, though no breakfast. And I've already mentioned the 1200bht pn at Agate. In March the price rises to 1500. Remarkable value.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

.....but perhaps in a less attractive hotel?  Thai prices at the moment must be as good as anywhere else in the world, taking into account the quality available.

We're booked into the Amara in Chiang Mai- a 4* place- in November; prices are only 50% of what they were in the January pre-Covid, our last visit, though no breakfast. And I've already mentioned the 1200bht pn at Agate. In March the price rises to 1500. Remarkable value.

Yes the Philippines hotel prices are way over the top just do research on Agoda , 

Thailand must cheaper in the accommodation area .