TotallyOz

Interview with the Vampire: New TV Show

I am a BIG Anne Rice fan. When I was younger, I devoured her books. This is one of my favorites and they did a nice job at telling a story based on her characters. The gay scenes are nice and enjoyable. I hope they show more as the season progresses. I LOVE Jacob Anderson. He was Grey Worm in Game of Thrones and I think cast beautifully in this role. The show is sexy and sweet with some gory blood scenes.

• Members

Have watched the first 4 episodes.  I was expecting/hoping for more gay, as my straight friends watching it say it's very gay.  Meh.  No glimpse of Grey Worm's grey worm.  One kinda mediocre sex scene (Gray Worm is more skinny than defined).  

As a Rice fan... I like Louis being black, it fits in pretty well and adds something to the story.  

Claudia... I wasn't looking forward to the storyline and pathos.  I actually like this actress but... she's 19.  They've aged up the character to 14 which was nearly an adult back then.  There's no time she isn't passable as a woman.  It completely destroys the entire point of the character.  

For comparison, Kirsten Dunst was 10 and the character was written as 5 years old!  

Love Bogosian in it, Lestat's actor is HOT shirtless and almost the right amount of impishness.  Not sure about him carrying future installments.  Maybe if he has a lot more sex.  (Also, Rice vampires didn't have actual sex, did they??  Thought the makes couldn't get erect what with no blood pressure...)