floridarob

Just arrived in Pattaya- Restaurant recommendations ??

I just got in, 28 hrs door to door from NYC, in Business class and I'm going to sleep before going out...it's only 3pm. Not sure how some guys have so much energy after landing.

A friend from NYC is coming in a couple of days and he wants to go to some nicer restaurants while he is here....I know there have been discussions about BKK, don't recall any about Pattaya restaurants.

Money is of no concern....for him, Dick's café or McDonald's is splurging for me 🙄

Can be French, Thai, Italian...whatever type of place.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, floridarob said:

I just got in, 28 hrs door to door from NYC, in Business class and I'm going to sleep before going out...it's only 3pm. Not sure how some guys have so much energy after landing.

Business class sucks all your energy ?

I , for one, am always very energized by fact of arriving in Thailand so first day is rarely problem but price must be paid by my body . Third day is usually one when jet lag hits me the hardest

3 hours ago, floridarob said:

A friend from NYC is coming in a couple of days and he wants to go to some nicer restaurants while he is here...

if it's his first time , apart from fancy places show him street food stalls near Tukcom, I always see them as very picturesque , specially in the evening. 

If you're willing to do a little trekking, I highly recommend:

1.  iO Italian Osteria Pattaya - in Terminal 21

2.  Suggestions - on "The Dark Side"

3.  Any of the restaurants at the high end hotels

4.  Sands Cafe - Jomtien at Pratumnak

5.  L'Auberge - Third Road

It won't be very expensive getting to and from if you use BOLT.

27 minutes ago, peterholland said:

can anyone explain what is "BOLT"? Is it a taxiservice? And is it safe?

It’s like Uber or Lyft - app based transportation and food delivery service, based in Estonia. This is what the logo looks like:

image.jpeg.439d2aa70c4b68b12dad2f985ef0b2e0.jpeg

I guess it’s as safe as Grab, which is a Singapore-based counterpart of Bolt, prevalent in Southeast Asia.

OK, he just informed me he's looking for Thai, Laos type restaurants ....he said why would he come to Thailand for mediocre French food in lol (he travels to Paris a lot I guess)

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll see if I can convince him to try one of the places anyway 🙄

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

OK, he just informed me he's looking for Thai, Laos type restaurants ....he said why would he come to Thailand for mediocre French food in lol (he travels to Paris a lot I guess)

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll see if I can convince him to try one of the places anyway 🙄

You could try Mays Restaurant in Jomtien (Thai)

11 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

Plenty of mediocre Thai restaurants to choose from! 

but with restaurants  ambiance and style often doesn't correspond to quality of food,  shabby looking places often serve delicacies and shiny places with army of servers  at times serve bettered version of Styrofoam with rice.

When picking up the place  priorities need to be set