floridarob

Just arrived in Pattaya- Restaurant recommendations ??

1 hour ago, Mavica said:

Gaybutton, I've enjoyed reading your forum for a very long time

I appreciate that very much.  Each of the "Big 3" gay Thailand forums offer their own unique themes and approaches - which is good.  If all the forums were doing the same thing, then it would all quickly become boring.

By the way, I should have said the menu I posted is the entire menu.  There are no additional pages.

Another couple of good but not fancy Thai restaurants in south Pattaya:

ฟ้าพัทยา: Fra Pattaya, on Pattaya Tai between Second Road and Walking St. The speciality is duck but if you ask for any Thai dish they can probably provide it. The menu used to be written on the walls in Thai only, but nowadays they have a huge picture menu.

ผักบุ้งลอยฟ้า: Pak Bung Loy Fah on the corner of soi 13/3 and Second Road has a good menu of seafood and other dishes. They don't throw flaming morning glory across the road any more but that's the origin of the name.

Both do excellent กุ้งแช่น้ำปลา

As kind of an aside, those of you who have been around long enough might remember the Pattaya Gay board, owned by Allen Briggs, and the Dreaded Ned board.  In those days my board and their boards constituted the "Big Three".

The three of us used to meet regularly, usually at my house, and discuss the board goings on, how we each like to run our boards, what we want to see on our boards, how to handle trolls and other problem posters, etc.  My boyfriend at the time always made lunch for us.

Now I believe the only board owner actually living in Thailand is me, so such meetings are no longer possible.  I miss that.

One goal I had, and actually still do, was hoping to get good participation from all the major gay venue areas in Thailand - Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Samui, and Phuket.  That has been a failure and instead my board became "Pattayacentic", mainly because Pattaya is where I live and I rely on those living elsewhere to help provide information about their areas.  I get good participation from Bangkok, once in a while from Chiang Mai, but to this day I don't think I've ever had even one post from anyone living in Phuket or Samui.

Even now the board owners cooperate with each other and try to help each other when a need arises.

5 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

ฟ้าพัทยา: Fra Pattaya, on Pattaya Tai between Second Road and Walking St. The speciality is duck but if you ask for any Thai dish they can probably provide it. The menu used to be written on the walls in Thai only, but nowadays they have a huge picture menu.

Went tonight, spice level was for foreigners , even though we asked for very spicy.....average food, wouldn't go back.

5 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

ผักบุ้งลอยฟ้า: Pak Bung Loy Fah on the corner of soi 13/3 and Second Road has a good menu of seafood and other dishes. They don't throw flaming morning glory across the road any more but that's the origin of the name.

Been here many times, usually late at night......was there on my 1st night this trip, waiter had kind of a bad attitude but food was good.

6 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

is that one  open air with metal tables? If yes , whenever I offer meal for my long time offs , they always suggest that place

7 minutes ago, thaiophilus said:

Yes, that's the one.

good food , sometimes handsome waiters but I found it bit pricey. One of those places with poor ambiance but very good food.

When there with boys (boys) watch what they order as some seafood dishes are expensive.

Good hunting spot at bar closure time as many boys are passing by after end of shift, keep your eyes wide opened when alone there.

Once I was dining with guy and he noticed I follow sight of  another guy  passing by and said condemningly "I know what you are thinking !"