TotallyOz

A Date with my Internet Crush

During Covid, I started to follow a few hot guys on Instagram. One I really watch and have wanted to meet him for a couple of years but he was a no go. Finally, I now have a date with him. I'll see how it goes. But, as we have never met in person, I have low expectations. I do hope that we at least get along well for a bit. So much energy to get him to visit me and I hope worth it. :)

32 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

During Covid, I started to follow a few hot guys on Instagram. One I really watch and have wanted to meet him for a couple of years but he was a no go. Finally, I now have a date with him. I'll see how it goes. But, as we have never met in person, I have low expectations. I do hope that we at least get along well for a bit. So much energy to get him to visit me and I hope worth it. :)

Did you made video calls with him over the years ?

1 minute ago, sydneyboy1 said:

Make sure head rules heart. I don’t want to be negative but the internet is full of stories of westerners who have been duped. I know a few from my own circle of acquaintances.

Life is a risk, better to go out and with a positive frame of mind and meet people 💚💙❤️💜

2 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Life is a risk, better to go out and with a positive frame of mind and meet people

Anything wrong with trying to minimize the risk?  Do you want to know who is most at risk?  That's easy - the people who think they're least at risk.

I've seen it happen much too often - people thinking with their crotch rather than their brain . . .

5 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

good luck! I've met a few guys from Insta and it has turned out pretty well for me so far.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Did he ask you the same ? Risk is usually on both sides in this kind of meeting

No he didn't but we are in contact for more than a year and he knows almost everything about me.risk always exist even if I take a boy from the bars ,apps or the streets.

• Members

ID/passport covers off homicide prophylaxis. That would be a no-brainer. AFAIK one can be taken to the cleaners with no laws broken, not even necessarily particularly malicious intent. Yet a bad marriage in general may be no worse than an erotically based sponsorship for diversion and fun. 

13 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

Anything wrong with trying to minimize the risk?  Do you want to know who is most at risk?  That's easy - the people who think they're least at risk.

I've seen it happen much too often - people thinking with their crotch rather than their brain . . .

Sure ,but it analysing risk it depends on the situation .

What is the actual "risk"?

I meet guys on tinder in Australia all the time usually young Asian students,not just for sex but I met a young Korean guy last Sunday just to go out to walk in the park in Sydney.

There could be a risk as such to that too ,he didn't try to rob me or ask for money or anything,

obviously if he asked me to meet him at midnight in the backlanes somewhere that's a big risk 

I guess you could employ "risk management" procedures in all parts of life but you can't go around being paranoid 

Reminds me last week I'm walking along the street to see a guy obviously with a mental illness doing a karate stance in defense  at everyone that walked past him and came close to him.😂