floridarob

Tarntawan Hotel- Just checked in....

A friend of mine staying at the Peninsula came to stay at Tarntawan to use as a hook-up room while he's in this side of town.

He booked a standard room on the back side of the hotel and said it's really run down....

Even though he's paying more, I booked months ago, my room is much nicer.......

So back side rooms are what it sounds like many talked about.....if you're considering this hotel,  the few bucks more is well worth it apparently.

Remembering last stay just before Covid the back rooms especially on the lower floors were dark from minimum sun.  Since then the Quarter Hotel has opened which should block out light on the upper floors.  Floridarob is a long time Tarntawan-er and I respect his judgement so now I might consider a return as long as its on the front.

On 10/17/2022 at 10:14 AM, floridarob said:

Been a lot of comments here how it's  a run down hotel, better deals for better hotels, etc....

I think it's as nice as it has ever been.....the bed is very good, I booked a front of the bldg room.

Breakfast isn't a buffet I'm told, there are 3 options, Thai, western, Japanese until 10:30 am.

I ordered lunch....very delicious.....My friend is staying at the Peninsula, the pics look amazing...but for $25 usd a night, breakfast for 2  and the location near the bars...I'll take Tarntawan any day. Back rooms without food was $17 when I booked.....

Also the internet is SUPER fast, 5G connection

tarntawan room.jpeg

tarntawan bathroom.jpeg

tarntawan lunch.jpeg

I stayed there exactly a year ago, and I had a daily order of Pad krapow. God, it looks good in that picture.

The hotel is great value for money.

I was there a while back and liked every facet about this hotel from the service rendered from those behind the front desk, my calls to my room regarding my guest ( a hot masseur who visited me), the proximity to the clubs/bars, the price per night, etc.

But again it was some 14 years ago.

FloridaRob is a great one to give salient advice, for he is definitely a "world traveler" who can guide one positively.

5 hours ago, floridarob said:

Just got back to USA....On the way back from Bali, with a connection in BKK, I took a 12 hr layover. Booked a back room without Breakfast for $17usd a nt.....I had asked them to give me a high floor and it was great, nice mattress, a/c , super fast internet......maybe it's just the lower floors that are blah ??

What time did you arrive in BKK and how was it at immigration?

23 hours ago, floridarob said:

Just got back to USA....On the way back from Bali, with a connection in BKK, I took a 12 hr layover. Booked a back room without Breakfast for $17usd a nt.....I had asked them to give me a high floor and it was great, nice mattress, a/c , super fast internet......maybe it's just the lower floors that are blah ??

Did you do a Bali trip report?