reader

Thailand to combat its methamphetamine crisis with cannabis

From the Thaiger

Thailand is going to attempt to fix its methamphetamine crisiswith another formally-illegal drug, cannabis. In a recent study, meth addicts in Thailand were given CBD oil under their tongues to treat withdrawal symptoms, and the results were promising.

Today, acting Director General of the Medical Department Dr Thongchai Kiratthihathayakhon said that methamphetamine is “Thailand’s biggest problem.”

Meth-induced psychosis is often found to be at the root of the most violent crimes in Thailand, such as rape and murder, which plague the kingdom day in and day out.

Methamphetamine is a synthetic drug made in a lab, making it the cheapest and most accessible drug in Southeast Asia. Yaba (“crazy drug”) is methamphetamine mixed with caffeine pressed into a pill. Yaba sells for as cheap as 10 baht a pop ($US0.26), so it comes as no surprise that it is the reigning illicit drug of choice in Thailand.

The number of methamphetamine users in Thailand is unfathomable. But of the 200,000 drug users receiving rehabilitative treatment each year in Thailand, 75% are meth addicts, which gives a rough idea of its hook on the population.

=================

The Midnight High Time van can be found on Patpong 1 most nights.

0CE0CF86-B02D-4B75-BAB5-8AD12F18ED25.jpeg

I guess if it works?😳

I see meth addicts here in Australia on a daily basis walking the City streets 

Was walking home one late  quiet Monday night to my apartment building saw a guy punching the shop windows.

Crazy stuff 

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

Lucky you as he could be aiming at you rather than windows. Better to keep the distance. 

Unfortunately living in Sydney city see them everyday, sad when they have to take this meth stuff to live life .

I remember it was heroin they used to take back in the 1970'& 8o s which made them drowsy now it's opposite with this meth/ice which makes them go berserk