iendo

New arrivals at suvarnabhumi

This could become an interesting thread if all new arrivals would share their airport experience.

The waiting time for immigration discussed in the video looks dreadful:

If it is like this, I'd be happy to pay for the VIP service.

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/11690-suvarnabhumi-airport-immigration-fast-track-service-bangkok/?spm=SearchResult.SearchResult_LIST&clickId=59dcdb7aa3

Please share your experience!

32 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

OK, that photo has me convinced. Didn't there used to be a Thai company through which you could directly book this VIP service, rather than go through Klook?

Here is one fast track service Fast track service I've seen elsewhere where people recommended them, costs a bit but if a person arrives at times when immigration is normally full it may pay for itself rather than queue up. 

There is another one that is a bit cheaper by the looks Fast track number 2

9 hours ago, iendo said:

This could become an interesting thread if all new arrivals would share their airport experience.

The waiting time for immigration discussed in the video looks dreadful:

If it is like this, I'd be happy to pay for the VIP service.

https://www.klook.com/en-US/activity/11690-suvarnabhumi-airport-immigration-fast-track-service-bangkok/?spm=SearchResult.SearchResult_LIST&clickId=59dcdb7aa3

Please share your experience!

I arrived twice, mid and end September. On first occasion no queue. On second occasion, fast lane had about 12 people, and it took about 10 mins. As reported, on second arrival only one fast lane open.

PS. On your departure from Swampy,   you have to fight a bit to use fast track to get through the much shorter security queue. If you are over 70, as I am. I had to appeal to the supervisor, before I got through!

5 hours ago, TMax said:

There is another one that is a bit cheaper by the looks Fast track number 2

Thank you! This Bangkok Airport Limousine fast-track service is the one I used several years ago. From what I remember, the lines were really short that time, and I didn't really save much time at all. But it was a nice insurance policy to have.

Oh, and it's much, much cheaper than the service in your first link!

9 hours ago, BiggusDikkus said:

OK, that photo has me convinced. Didn't there used to be a Thai company through which you could directly book this VIP service, rather than go through Klook?

What is wrong with Klook?

I bought fast lane access. I'm arriving at 12PM, and that seems like a busy time. I prefer wasting 30 some bucks over standing in line for an hour. BTW, I don't believe that they were able to get people through within an hour from the back of the line.

4 hours ago, Londoner said:

And one of our posters uses on over-seventies track....I wish I could find it!

As said above. Keep to the extreme right as you go up the ramp into immigration. When you get to the top go FURTHER  right as it is hidden behind some desks/furniture. There is usually someone there checking you qualify....just show them your passport and bate of birth.

Keithambrose.....you shouldn’t have to argue about being over 70 to use fast track on departure. It is quite clearly sign posted. I have used it many times without any questions. Maybe you ran into a newbie! 

12 hours ago, iendo said:

What is wrong with Klook?

Nothing's wrong with Klook, but the price for its fast-track service was given in Japanese yen, ¥5,000 to be specific, and that seemed high. It turns out it was only a tad higher than the Bangkok Airport Limousine fast-track service. Maybe I'll use Klook next time.

On 11/3/2022 at 7:42 AM, gerefan said:

As said above. Keep to the extreme right as you go up the ramp into immigration. When you get to the top go FURTHER  right as it is hidden behind some desks/furniture. There is usually someone there checking you qualify....just show them your passport and bate of birth.

Keithambrose.....you shouldn’t have to argue about being over 70 to use fast track on departure. It is quite clearly sign posted. I have used it many times without any questions. Maybe you ran into a newbie! 

I agree. I think the problem was that the first two people spoke little English.

On 11/4/2022 at 12:32 AM, BiggusDikkus said:

Nothing's wrong with Klook, but the price for its fast-track service was given in Japanese yen, ¥5,000 to be specific, and that seemed high. It turns out it was only a tad higher than the Bangkok Airport Limousine fast-track service. Maybe I'll use Klook next time.

Ah ok. I had never heard of them before I booked.

I paid 1.270 Baht or 34,39 Euro.

There's a fast track for arrivals and for departures.  For departures follow the monks.  For arrivals, there is the advice above to follow the airline uniforms, there is also a separate entrance located between the to main arrival areas near to where the visa on arrival area is prior to the immigration halls.

Klook wants 62$   no other service tells me the price without booking....  are there other services.  I arrive at 8 am on a saturday dec 8....

11 hours ago, maump said:

Klook wants 62$   no other service tells me the price without booking....  are there other services.  I arrive at 8 am on a saturday dec 8....

You must be doing something different than this.

klook.png

Either you wait for immi or you wait for your bags to come on the belt.

There is a kind of (free) reserved special lane for pregnant ladies, monks, handicapped etc. and, yes, senior people over 70. As you all know old age will draw respect in TH............But that is all for entry to LOS.

I was once pointed to go there even when I was not 70 (yet then). But then it was full of loads+more loads of mainland Chinese.

Back in July I waited 40 minutes I kid you not for my baggage at the conveyer belt .

I flew Philippines airlines to Bangkok ,sitting there waiting waiting, had to tip the waiting driver outside who kept ringing me 

Not sure if it's Philippines airlines fault or the airport fault but NO MORE baggage for now on ,I will just do carry on 😉

• Members
52 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Back in July I waited 40 minutes I kid you not for my baggage at the conveyer belt .

I flew Philippines airlines to Bangkok ,sitting there waiting waiting, had to tip the waiting driver outside who kept ringing me 

Not sure if it's Philippines airlines fault or the airport fault but NO MORE baggage for now on ,I will just do carry on 😉

Doesn't business class get priority handling of luggage?

I know "priority" sometime doesn't mean anything.

56 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I don't think it was Philippines Airlines fault. I traveled to Thailand in August and the waiting time at BKK for getting my luggage was atrocious. It actually took me only 10 minutes to go through immigration

I waited around 45-50 minutes when I arrived internationally (with Korean Air) and then waited around 35 minutes when getting back again to BKK from Samui (with Bangkok Airways). These are way longer times than pre-COVID. Not much of a point in going quickly through immigration and then waiting so long for your luggage. I guess only advantage is that you can sit down while waiting for it, but after sitting for hours on a plane, I don't mind standing up a bit.

33 minutes ago, scott456 said:

Doesn't business class get priority handling of luggage?

I know "priority" sometime doesn't mean anything.

Doesn't seem to ..I flew business class to Sydney,still had to wait about 40 minutes 

Better to just travel light ,I see many now with carry on baggage