iendo

New arrivals at suvarnabhumi

• Members
1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

Doesn't seem to ..I flew business class to Sydney,still had to wait about 40 minutes 

Better to just travel light ,I see many now with carry on baggage 

Carryon won't work for someone like me who needs to bring many party gadgets and outfits including men's leather boots and lady's high heels, evening gowns.

😁

On 11/7/2022 at 8:22 AM, iendo said:

You must be doing something different than this.

klook.png

Maybe i dont understand, I am not a free visa/longterm stay.  I am visa on arrival.  

image.png.15b8b5f7a6f514bba6ebb76b660da03f.pngimage.png.9d10e23c02d00537a0998cd26110b393.png

image.png

19 hours ago, iendo said:

From which country are you?

If you get a 45 day stamp in your passport, that is what they call free visa.

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/zE6021nSnu/เอกสาร/VOA.pdf

your right of course.  I'm too stupid to keep visa exempt  and visa on arrival straight.....  thanks!  from usa

Depending on what time you arrive, be prepared for taxi shortage, according to Airports of Thailand (AOT).

AOT is reporting only half of taxis registered at Swampy are actually in service, often resulting in long waits. 

This can be avoided, of course, if you’re prepared to use airport train and connect with either MRT or BTS, or arranging for private car service through hotel or other providers. 

AOT says it hopes to relieve situation somewhat by working with Grab. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2436012/grab-enlisted-to-ease-suvarnabhumi-airport-taxi-woes

34 minutes ago, reader said:

Depending on what time you arrive, be prepared for taxi shortage....

That,s the problem of rich people  . Poor are taking your advice and taking train. Cheaper and often faster option.

Of course solidarity of rich and poor starts at midnight and lasts till 6 am when trains are not in operation.

The train is a good idea however it can also depend on the time of day or night as well, I find it annoying when people get on packed trains at rush hour and they have to try and squeeze their luggage in as well. Which is why I don't take the train from the airport, the time my flight gets in and I get through immigration and customs the trains are packed full, I guess it would be different if I got in around midday. Sure some people only take carry on with them when they fly but most don't. 

9 hours ago, reader said:

Depending on what time you arrive, be prepared for taxi shortage, according to Airports of Thailand (AOT).

I have seen crazy lines for taxi's before. But many on this board have recommended Mike's taxi, and I booked one for my BKK to Pattaya trip. BTW, they still only charge 1000 baht, whereas Mr T (a service I have used previously) now charges 1200. I am really prepared to spend some money this trip, but those 200 baht, I'd rater tip the boys.

5 hours ago, iendo said:

I have seen crazy lines for taxi's before. But many on this board have recommended Mike's taxi, and I booked one for my BKK to Pattaya trip. BTW, they still only charge 1000 baht, whereas Mr T (a service I have used previously) now charges 1200. I am really prepared to spend some money this trip, but those 200 baht, I'd rater tip the boys.

Mike Pattaya Taxi is still 1000 baht, but you should be tipping the driver to....

8 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

Good job mate. Those drives are the best if you ask me. 

Spending well over 1000 Euros to get to Thailand, then trying to save that last 25 to 30 Euros would be very excessive if you ask me. It's great that someone is waiting for you at the airport, takes your luggage out of your hands and drives you where you need to go within an hour and a half, depending on traffic. 

But this is after a very long trip. I can imagine taking a Bell or those normal public buses when I would fly in the region or domestically. Especially the Bell bus is an interesting experience.

My tips have always been a minimum of 100 baht for the drivers that didn't really give much effort, and 200 for those that did their best and made me feel welcome. That's 10 to 20 % on my bill, which should be sufficient.

16 minutes ago, iendo said:
Spending well over 1000 Euros to get to Thailand, then trying to save that last 25 to 30 Euros would be very excessive if you ask me. It's great that someone is waiting for you at the airport, takes your luggage out of your hands and drives you where you need to go within an hour and a half, depending on traffic. 

But this is after a very long trip. I can imagine taking a Bell or those normal public buses when I would fly in the region or domestically. Especially the Bell bus is an interesting experience.

My tips have always been a minimum of 100 baht for the drivers that didn't really give much effort, and 200 for those that did their best and made me feel welcome. That's 10 to 20 % on my bill, which should be sufficient.

You are doing as we all do. I am certain the drivers are very appreciative of our tips. Mikes drives are always smart, on time and polite. 
https://mikepattayataxi.com
A link for anyone looking for transfers. 

2 hours ago, iendo said:

I recently, horror of horrors, took taxi to and from Pattaya to Bangkok and did not pay any tips, paying tolls instead even if offer was they will pay. 

Reason - I was going there  just for a day so tried to save precious vacation hours. On my way back to BKK took guy with me and I was mightily rewarded, he put his hand on my knee and keep it there whole 5 minutes! 

From the Thaiger

Thailand welcomes 50,000 foreign tourists in one day

Nearly 50,000 foreign tourists arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Thailand Nov. 10. From Reassuring statistics reported by immigration indicate a revival of Thailand’s tourism industry, although arrivals are still nowhere near close to hitting pre-pandemic levels.

Foreign tourist arrivals at Suvarnabhumi Airport: November 10, 2022

1. India – 5,200
  2. South Korea – 3,288
  3. Singapore – 3,018
  4. Malaysia – 2,983
  5. America – 2,857

Other – 32,081

image.jpeg.85487e01ea0b1ebea510194d05a2fbf8.jpeg