gytis123

Best gay friendly hotels to stay in Bangkok/Pattaya

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum, and planning my first ever journey to Thailand next year on May to experience the joy that maybe nearly all of you had for 3 weeks. Can you recommend best gay friendly hotels in Bangkok/Pattaya. that don't apply joiners fee and are nearby gay districts that has gay bars or massage places? Basically hotels convenient for offing and inviting the boys.

Because I'm planning to stay in Bangkok perhaps for six/seven days first and then move to Pattaya and stay here for another week. And as for third week somewhere else idk.

PS.

I'm 30 year old top. Mainly interested in twink types.

It usually comes down to budget, I haven't been to any hotels that aren't gay-friendly anywhere near the gay areas.

My favorite in Bangkok is Le Meridien

My favorite in the Jomtien complex (so far) is Agate or Poseidon

I also haven't experienced any of the hotels in gay areas charging a joiner fee, but if you look through some trip reports you can see where other members stay and it might give some ideas.

7 hours ago, vaughn said:

It usually comes down to budget, I haven't been to any hotels that aren't gay-friendly anywhere near the gay areas.

My favorite in Bangkok is Le Meridien

My favorite in the Jomtien complex (so far) is Agate or Poseidon

I also haven't experienced any of the hotels in gay areas charging a joiner fee, but if you look through some trip reports you can see where other members stay and it might give some ideas.

I always stay at Le Meridien. Pricey but good, no problems with bringing back boys either, and 200 yards from Patpong. 

I always book the room for 2 without breakfast to avoid any discussion with the hotel about the number of people in the room. I also like the Raya in Bangkok as the car park lift means any companion does not need to leave a passport/id at reception. Some travellers may prefer the increased security of id at reception, which many hotels want. Many lads from nearby countries do not routinely carry their passport. In Jomtien I prefer Zing Resort to Agate but both are fine.  Zing Resort in Jomtien is not to be confused with another Zing down the road towards Pattaya.

• Members
1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

I always stay at Le Meridien. Pricey but good, no problems with bringing back boys either, and 200 yards from Patpong. 

I stayed there once. Overall a good experience. The one thing that disappointed was the pool. A little on the small size and lounges rather cramped. Last time I was in Bangkok I stayed at the Plaza Athenee. Location not ideal but excellent service, a magnificent breakfast spread and a huge lagoon sized swimming pool, one of the biggest if not the biggest in Bangkok. I’m staying there again in January.

I've just had 3 weeks in Thailand and a few days in Cambodia. Currently at Dubai waiting for connection to Manchester.

If I was you I wouldn't have 6 nights in Bangkok. After staying at the fantastic Agate Hotel in Jomtien where all the twinks are directly outside, it was perfect. Bangkok has become a real disappointed since Soi Twilight has gone. DJ Station was a terrific evening though and must be tried....350 baht to get in which includes 2 free drinks. 

Generally Bangkok has become expensive for massage and drinks etc and it's much cheaper in Jomtien with far more choice. 

But my hotel in BKK was spot on and really close to Soi 4. It's a new build and now high season has started it was 1600 baht walk in price.. It's called The Quarter Silom by UHG and is on Soi 6 👍🏼

I stayed at Shanghai Mansion hotel in Bangkok's Yaowarat during my last visit to Thailand. Was a charming place with lots of really nice street food around. My first visit to Thailand I stayed at the Landmark Bangkok in Sukhumvit, a nice hotel very close to Nana BTS.

2 hours ago, gerefan said:

Baan Souy

I can't tell you how many bad experiences I've had at this resort, from a rude receptionist to an ant infestation, from hard, uncomfortable mattresses to being unable to get a baht bus in either direction because all of them, whether they're on their way to Jomtien or Pattaya, are full. It's an awful place in the middle of nowheresville. But it does have a nice pool if you wanna hang out all by yourself.

2 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

I can't tell you how many bad experiences I've had at this resort, from a rude receptionist to an ant infestation, from hard, uncomfortable mattresses to being unable to get a baht bus in either direction because all of them, whether they're on their way to Jomtien or Pattaya, are full. It's an awful place in the middle of nowheresville. But it does have a nice pool if you wanna hang out all by yourself.

Thanks for your feedback! :) Forewarned is forearmed, will take that into consideration. Although I think that it's the only clothes optional establishment in Pattaya?

Very helpful discussion, it piqued my interest in The Raya Surawong, so I checked it out on Tripadvisor. One of the reviews has this to say about the after-midnight entrance:

"The doors to the main entrance will be locked at midnight, and the lift at their car park shall be used instead for entering or exiting the property. There was a security officer near the alternative entrance, who was there to stare at me with a very indifferent look when I was waiting to collect my food from my Grab rider. He even stood next to me and stared while I waited for the lift afterwards, so that was really awkward."

Has anyone else encountered such a security guard?

6 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

Very helpful discussion, it piqued my interest in The Raya Surawong, so I checked it out on Tripadvisor. One of the reviews has this to say about the after-midnight entrance:

"The doors to the main entrance will be locked at midnight, and the lift at their car park shall be used instead for entering or exiting the property. There was a security officer near the alternative entrance, who was there to stare at me with a very indifferent look when I was waiting to collect my food from my Grab rider. He even stood next to me and stared while I waited for the lift afterwards, so that was really awkward."

Has anyone else encountered such a security guard?

Just looked up the review on Tripsadvisor. It seems a bit odd to close the main entrance after midnight and the security guard made an awkward situation?

When I was in Bangkok this August I stayed at a small, kinda newish boutique hotel in Silom called Artino. It was pretty decent. I recommend getting the Premium room.

It's main advantage is that no key is needed to access the elevator, so you can tell the guy to come straight to your room, if you desire so (pretty convenient if you are trying to set up a 3+ type of gathering😁)

Also it has a small garage that guests can use. Even though, unlike in other places like Vietnam, most of the guys you will meet will get to your place by public transportation or Grab, some of them actually want to use their motorcycle and parking in Silom can be a hassle. So having a free spot available is definitely appreciated. One of the guys I met actually even asked me later if he could park his car as he was spending the night at his regular fwb in Silom. I agreed. He was kind enough to come the next day and have some late-morning fun with me.

Going back again for Xmas and this time staying at the new Ibis hotel in Silom. The reviews look pretty good.

If you want something cheap, you can stay at Dvaree Express in Silom. Quite basic, but it's pretty much next door to G.O.D, so it's easy to pick up a guy late at night. You don't even have to go inside the club. I remember one time, just went out to buy some water when the club had just closed, struck a quick conversation with a cute twink and in two minutes he was in my bed.

If you want something more upscale Pullman in Silom is quite popular with the gay crowd.

4 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

Has any of you stayed at the hotel called East Suites in the jomtien complex?
It has a really high score on booking.com.

I stayed at East Suites in August this year.

The room I had was very big, bed was ok but not great, the staff are all very nice. I wanted the jacuzzi room but it was booked, so I'm still considering going again to fill the jacuzzi with naked guys.

They check guests' IDs if someone is in reception, but 50% of the time no one was there when I was bringing someone back.

The negatives are there are no lifts, so climbing the stairs after a few beverages can be an ordeal and I had to chase around to cockroach one night to get it out of my room.