gytis123

Best gay friendly hotels to stay in Bangkok/Pattaya

7 hours ago, BiggusDikkus said:

I can't tell you how many bad experiences I've had at this resort, from a rude receptionist to an ant infestation, from hard, uncomfortable mattresses to being unable to get a baht bus in either direction because all of them, whether they're on their way to Jomtien or Pattaya, are full. It's an awful place in the middle of nowheresville. But it does have a nice pool if you wanna hang out all by yourself.

I stayed there numerous times and loved it !

The receptionist even fucked me in the room one night .

The only thing was the price was triple of other hotels 

But nice pool...gym...

He seems to have stopped promoting it though 

• Members
5 hours ago, vaughn said:

I stayed at East Suites in August this year.

The room I had was very big, bed was ok but not great, the staff are all very nice. I wanted the jacuzzi room but it was booked, so I'm still considering going again to fill the jacuzzi with naked guys.

They check guests' IDs if someone is in reception, but 50% of the time no one was there when I was bringing someone back.

The negatives are there are no lifts, so climbing the stairs after a few beverages can be an ordeal and I had to chase around to cockroach one night to get it out of my room.

Thanks. I’ll stay at Agate then for my first time, my stay is all about bringing boys in  

That’s a huge endorsement for East Suites Boy69 I’ve stayed in nearly all of the Complex hotels but not this one. I certainly like the sound of the jacuzzi suite and the thought of entertaining boys in it. Did you actually make use of the two bedrooms ?.  In July I stayed at the Ambiance so I think I’m due luxurious accommodation next trip.

6 minutes ago, Travellerdave said:

That’s a huge endorsement for East Suites Boy69 I’ve stayed in nearly all of the Complex hotels but not this one. I certainly like the sound of the jacuzzi suite and the thought of entertaining boys in it. Did you actually make use of the two bedrooms ?.  In July I stayed at the Ambiance so I think I’m due luxurious accommodation next trip.

I preferred the one bedroom jacuzzi suite but if had been already booked so I took the 2 bedrooms suite althoughI didn't need the second bedroom. It's  amazing suite with kitchen, lounge, nice terrace with jacuzzi. I really loved it.

It was a normal room and agree with it being a 21 m room, a little small and small window but I like a good mattress and dark window for a good sleep. Television and location was great too. 

16 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

I don't know what class of room you booked, but I found it somewhat small and cramped. Moreover, the window was minimal and the room never seemed bright enough. The bathroom, particularly the shower stall, was nice though. 

I agree room compact but mattress and TV was great and I like a dark window for a good sleep. 

13 hours ago, Phoenixblue said:

Just looked up the review on Tripsadvisor. It seems a bit odd to close the main entrance after midnight and the security guard made an awkward situation?

I stayed at the Raya in April 2021. I liked the hotel a lot. Cheap (although i think prices have gone up a bit now that it is busier) and pretty comfortable. It is probably mid range. There is, or certainly wasn't when I was there, a dining room so no breakfast options. I stayed in the Grand Deluxe Room which was really big - 45 sqm? 

They also had a policy for late check out with rate for additional time displayed at reception. My return flight was quite late in the day so being able to buy a few extra hours for really not very much additional cost was really welcome. 

They were still doing some work somewhere in the hotel when I was there although I think it was nearly all done. I understand that the policy of entering via the car park is still in force at night. For me, it really wasn't a problem. There was a security guy on 'duty' but he barely looked up from his phone, let alone questioned or made anything awkward.  Absolutely no problems whatsoever. 

I think it is a great option if the budget doesn't stretch to a more high end option. 

13 hours ago, Phoenixblue said:

Just looked up the review on Tripsadvisor. It seems a bit odd to close the main entrance after midnight and the security guard made an awkward situation?

I stayed at the Raya in April 2021. I liked the hotel a lot. Cheap (although i think prices have gone up a bit now that it is busier) and pretty comfortable. It is probably mid range. There is, or certainly wasn't when I was there, a dining room so no breakfast options. I stayed in the Grand Deluxe Room which was really big - 45 sqm? 

They also had a policy for late check out with rate for additional time displayed at reception. My return flight was quite late in the day so being able to buy a few extra hours for really not very much additional cost was really welcome. 

They were still doing some work somewhere in the hotel when I was there although I think it was nearly all done. I understand that the policy of entering via the car park is still in force at night. For me, it really wasn't a problem. There was a security guy on 'duty' but he barely looked up from his phone, let alone questioned or made anything awkward.  Absolutely no problems whatsoever. 

I think it is a great option if the budget doesn't stretch to a more high end option. 

2 hours ago, Milk78 said:

I stayed at the Raya in April 2021. I liked the hotel a lot. Cheap (although i think prices have gone up a bit now that it is busier) and pretty comfortable. It is probably mid range. There is, or certainly wasn't when I was there, a dining room so no breakfast options.

There was certainly a breakfast room when I was last  there in January 2020. I can't remember which floor it was on. Maybe a covid-related closure?

20 hours ago, Phoenixblue said:

They close the main entrance because there is nobody at ground level (you have to take the elevator to reception at level 5) and they want to avoid non-guest in the entrance.

The elevator in the car park is a really easy alternative during the night.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:07 AM, hojacat said:

When I was in Bangkok this August I stayed at a small, kinda newish boutique hotel in Silom called Artino. It was pretty decent. I recommend getting the Premium room.

It's main advantage is that no key is needed to access the elevator, so you can tell the guy to come straight to your room

Thank you for your responses.

Artino sounds good, that you are able to invite boy straight to your room. But it's not a deal breaker if that's not possible.

But I'm still thinking booking at Le Meridien for the first week, because for me budget is not a huge problem. Can someone confirm that they won't check companions ID at the reception?

Is it not too long to stay in Bangkok for 6/7 days and then move to Pattaya for another week? After that I'm thinking about going to maybe Phuket.

4 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Can someone confirm that they won't check companions ID at the reception?

I've stayed there before, met a guy at DJ Station, brought him back to the hotel and walked straight to the elevators. No one batted an eye, though we did stand out. All the other couples in the elevator were straight -- Middle Eastern dudes with Thai ladies. 

15 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Is it not too long to stay in Bangkok for 6/7 days and then move to Pattaya for another week? After that I'm thinking about going to maybe Phuket.

It all depends on what are you looking from your trip to Thailand.

Is your main purpose having as much sex as possible/meeting as many as you can and everything else is secondary or you want plenty of sex but also nightlife/food/temples/nature/beach/historical sites, etc?

8 hours ago, hojacat said:

Is your main purpose having as much sex as possible/meeting as many as you can and everything else is secondary or you want plenty of sex but also nightlife/food/temples/nature/beach/historical sites, etc?

Mostly everything. I also want to taste thai food, go to temples, see the nature etc. It would be perfect if I could experience all that with a companion.

2 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Mostly everything. I also want to taste thai food, go to temples, see the nature etc. It would be perfect if I could experience all that with a companion.

I have only been to BKK a couple of times but stayed a week there on each occasion before moving on to Chiang Mai. There is loads to do and see. 

I started this thread last time I went asking for restaurant tips. Loads of good suggestions - 

17 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Then why you want to cut short your time in Bangkok, which offers so many things to do and see? If you want to do that with Thai guy on your side, you would have a much higher chance of meeting a good one in Bangkok, where there are plenty of educated guys with excellent English skills. Much fewer from that category in Pattaya.

On 11/5/2022 at 11:42 PM, Travellerdave said:

What was the Ambiance like?

Haven't stayed there since the madame Jim days 

During my stay at the Ambiance, the place as well as BT in general, was quiet being towards tte end of the Covid restrictions.. In fact at during the first couple of days I thought there were no other guests.  I had one of their better rooms for a bargain price and I was happy with everything: aircon, cleaning, wifi etc etc. The tv did not seem to have any English channels but I was there on a boy orientated trip, not to watch tv . I stayed there many times up to 4 years ago when I moved to the Complex owing to the problem of late night noise from a karaoke bar, which isn’t there now. The staff were friendly and had time to chat and supplied extra towels when I had a short time boy during the day and one overnight. The restaurent was closed - maybe it’s open now.

7 hours ago, hojacat said:

Then why you want to cut short your time in Bangkok, which offers so many things to do and see? If you want to do that with Thai guy on your side, you would have a much higher chance of meeting a good one in Bangkok, where there are plenty of educated guys with excellent English skills. Much fewer from that category in Pattaya.

Idk, I thought that one week in Bangkok is quite enough. I never been there so I just rely on assumtions, sorry :). I'm not planning to stay in one place during the whole trip. Then how much time is enough to stay in Bangkok, Pattaya? Maybe you can recommend some other destinations of gay pleasure than those two? I have roughly 3 weeks so at this moment I have no idea how to efficiently use them.

Do someone have better ideas than me how to plan this trip properly?

I booked the round flight in 2023 May.