gytis123

Best gay friendly hotels to stay in Bangkok/Pattaya

If i might add to these, always check higher tier rooms from the hotels in the list below. Often, upgrading to one or two tier up is not much but the upgrade is often really great.

Ill add furama silom also in the list below. A superior there though same size as the deluxe, will left u with a lower floor room with outdated furniture and small bahtroom with shower only. While a deluxe will gives u fully renovated new furnitures, design, and much bigger bathroom with bathtub and glass wall plus your room will be on the higher floor with better view.

In the case of raya, the grand deluxe suite will have a separate living and kitchennete, while the suite will have a full size fridge and microwave as well on top of being much bigger in size. 

In zing, their pool suite will have a one bedroom, oversize living area and direct pool access on the ground floor. The deluxe plus option will give u a smallish balcony but the most important upgrade is the luxurious queen bed, which felt like the one in say meridien or hilton hehe. 

Ambiance penthouse have separate living area and terrace outside with view of the boyztown downstair. All of this upgrades usually still cost less than the price of the cheapest room in say meridien or hilton.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:22 PM, vinapu said:

My favorites in Bangkok, economical by by no means shabby are Raya, Furama Sathorn Xclusive and Baan Silom, rooms not claustrophobic like Quarter Silom but spacious and no problem with guests. 

In Pattaya in Boyztown area Copa and Classrooms, in Jomtien Zing and The Venue. 

Hello again. My journey will begin in 2023 May 2nd. So I'm searching for a hotel to book in Bangkok for first 8 nights. I see that Raya hotel is very popular among members of this forum, but I want a hotel that has pool, gym and rooms with a great views to the city, but on a cheaper side than e. g. Le Meridien. Raya doesn't have that. 

I checked  on Agoda and these hotels piqued my interest:

Amara Bangkok Hotel ,JC KEVIN SATHORN BANGKOK HOTEL, Bandara Suites Silom

My question is: Are those hotels good for bringing offed boys for the night and there wouldn't be any problems with that? Because I want privacy and no one to question what I bringing to my room for whatever reasons.

Maybe there are better hotel options than those I mentioned above? If there is, feel free to suggest. :)

PS.

Hotels with rooftop pool would be best.

You'll have no problem bringing guests back to Amara. Have stayed there numerous times in the past. Walk to Patpong in less than 10 minutes.

Rooms are on the compact side but very comfortable, well appointed and spotless. The rooftop pool is great and there's a gym on one of the higher floors. Buffet breakfast very good.

TIP:  join their frequent guest program before reserving for member only rates.

54 minutes ago, reader said:

You'll have no problem bringing guests back to Amara. Walk to Patpong in less than 10 minutes.

Rooms are on the compact side but very comfortable, well appointed and spotless. The rooftop pool is great and there's a gym on one of the higher floors. Buffet breakfast very good.

+1

If you are looking for a hotel, with a gym and a very nice pool, but it which is cheaper than the Meridian, you might consider the Rose Hotel. It’s just down a lane across Surawong Road from the entrance to Patpong,.

The views from the rooms would not be all that great, but it has a gym and what is, in my opinion, probably the most beautifully situated swimming pool in all of Bangkok - located at ground level.

There is no issue with joiners.

The main disadvantage is that the rooms are quite small, but also the price is very reasonable - the cheaper rooms go for about €40 a night generally.

At the moment the largest room available for the next few weeks on  Booking.com seems to be the 16 m², but Agoda have 22 m² room, so perhaps consider Agoda if you’re booking.

4 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Amara Bangkok Hotel ,JC KEVIN SATHORN BANGKOK HOTEL, Bandara Suites Silom

Bandara Suites are great and no problems with joiners, who can come straight to your room or suite if they are not accompanying you. The reception will just call you to check that you are expecting them then buzz them through the security door to the lifts. Never a problem, and won't hold or check IDs

Thank you for responses. Seems like prety much every hotel in these areas allows guests, even witout ID's. :D?

But now I'm conflicted between Amara, Furama silom and Bandara. It looks like Amara has better rooftop pool and it's way higher with better views? (idk in reality, but in photos looks that way) Furama silom has bigger rooms (Executive suite 58 m²). Bandara seems more upscale? Can you help me decide between those three, which provides overall better experience (food, views, comfort, rooms)?

I can say furama silom food is underwhelming, so if hotel food is important for you, dont take furama. The deluxe room there is best value for me though, and whatever saving u get, u can spend it for food at other nice places around hehe. Hotel view plus rooftop pool, i think furama silom has very nice view indeed. Since they only have one side view for their rooms, almost all high floor rooms (deluxe and above) will have great view of iconsiams side. 

The rooftop pool of course will give you 360 full view of silom area. The pool itself not so big for furama though.

I don't remember any issues with Furama Silom breakfasts it was not amazing but it wasn't bad either. If you are booking their better rooms they are spacious, lovely renovated and excellent bathrooms. The views from the room are very nice at their high floors,  the swimming pool is good not luxurious and the views are panoramic. Regarding the fitness center I can't comment because never used it . certainly not a 5 star's hotel but value for money I think it's one of the best options in the area.

7 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Again thank you for responses. After a long tought I decided to book a room at Amara hotel, because I liked rooftop area and rooms with window walls more, I think it looks more modern that way. :)

you will like it there. It's a bit walk to nearest BTS, either Sala Daeng or Chong Nonsi  but either way  is quite pleasant and lively.

Steps from hotel is XOne, in my opinion best money exchange venue in Silom area.

On 1/14/2023 at 2:27 PM, Boy69 said:

Furama Silom is a great option fitness center,  lovely roof swimming pool and large rooms. About ten minutes walk to Patpong. You have a straight access to the elevator from the street saw guests are not a problem. 

I've always stayed at Furama Silom - it was the Tower Inn before. They have a great breakfast as well. Convenient location, near Skytrain station, Patpong and no issue bringing guests in - reception is further back on the first floor - you enter to the elevators. Big rooms that have been nicely renovated.