Riobard

Texting scenes … aggravating!

• Members

Anyone other than me fed up with trying to strain and read characters’ phone texts to one another in films and TV series? Why are they without the courtesy of captions? It is, after all, dialogue and at times key to the plot, though not cinematic. Now there seems to be no end to backspacing and re-writing text passages. Why would I want to watch a fictional screen within my real screen for a depiction of a character vacillating over what to communicate? What a pain in the ass. (No I don’t have a VCR.)

4AABF64B-B9A1-4438-B93D-EEE7D2A993BC.jpeg

I'm finding as I get older I'm finding my tolerance level to loud music is getting low, I used to say " if it's too loud your too old !

Now I must be old, because loud music unless in the gym annoys me 

Definitely agree, even with my glasses on I can't make all of them out. Also finding loud music distracting when I'm trying to think or pay attention to something. . Even on the walking track at the rec centre when an exercise class has loud music, I want to complain while knowing that complaining would be unreasonable and glances being exchanged.  Getting old... grrr.

1 hour ago, xpaulo said:

Definitely agree, even with my glasses on I can't make all of them out. Also finding loud music distracting when I'm trying to think or pay attention to something. . Even on the walking track at the rec centre when an exercise class has loud music, I want to complain while knowing that complaining would be unreasonable and glances being exchanged.  Getting old... grrr.

Me too ! Hate loud music nowadays !

But .  ..that being said , I was in the gym the other day when they played Boy George ( who remembers him ?) And I said crank up the volume 😂

On 11/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, Olddaddy said:

I'm finding as I get older I'm finding my tolerance level to loud music is getting low, I used to say " if it's too loud your too old !

Now I must be old, because loud music unless in the gym annoys me 

At my gym in Pattaya the music is loud and often obnoxious; rap music for example.

20 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

At my gym in Pattaya the music is loud and often obnoxious; rap music for example.

Wear headphones, unfortunately my gym plays slow 1970's love songs