redxs

Bogota - February 2023

• Members

Hello guys

I'm visiting Bogota for the first time in February 2023. First time in Colombia and can't wait - usually I visit Rio and have met a few guys form here there. Will anyone be in town?

Currently I'm staying at Hotel Vilar America which looks only a few blocks away from the gay district.

Can anyone recommend another hotel / apartment / Airbnb? I'm looking for somewhere with a good location that's OK with causal day and overnight guests.

Any local guides people would recommend? The first day or night a gay friendly guide would be nice to help get orientated to things.

If you've experience of Bogota and happy to chat - please DM me.

Mikey

• Members
On 11/6/2022 at 11:16 PM, 12is12 said:

I rcmnd the Viaggio 617: good simple unexpensive; within walking dstnc to venues; no prblm with guests.

Cheers - unfortunately sold out February and March. Must be popular! Anything on in town during this time?

• Members
On 11/7/2022 at 6:39 PM, redxs said:

Cheers - unfortunately sold out February and March. Must be popular! Anything on in town during this time?

Nothing special to note during those months. As a general trend, Latin America travel is projected to grow 14% in 2023, and Colombia travel by 18% next year. That's a lot of new faces discovering the capital.

Anecdotally the presence of foreigners in Medellín, particularly digital nomads, has increased significantly in 2022  and that trend shows no sign of slowing.

Oh, i almost forget. With the reopening of travel  post-pandemic, there is a string of big-name rock acts performing stadium shows in Bogotá in February and March. The rolos love their rock music.

• Members
1 hour ago, redxs said:

Do you know which Mercure is best for gay district - there are a few of these hotels

You are looking for the Mercure Financial District  (Hotel Mercure Bh zona financiera) Cra. 7 #65 01, Localidad de Chapinero, Bogotá

10 minute walk downhill to the action in Chapigay.

• Members

Thanks to the guys who replied here and DM.

I’m thinking of hiring a city guide for the first day or two. I’m sure I read of one online a few months ago but cannot remember where. He didn’t offer extra services… but suggested if the mood and chemistry was right it’s happen lol 

Does anyone know of a friendly English speaking guy in Bogotá? Comfortable with a gay guy or visiting gay clubs in the evening?

• Members

Everyone that I know in the capital is gone for the holidays, but I will ask around in the new year. Colombia is good for word-of-mouth referrals.

You might want to explore this guide to Gay Bogota published by the Alcaldia of Bogota (the mayor is a lesbian) that contains a lot of good information in English about the city.

https://www.idt.gov.co/sites/default/files/4.1. GUIA LGBTI INGLES- 29 Sept 2020.pdf

• Members

Hey

Happy Chinese New Year!

I've been mega busy lately so not been able to plan and research my trip - things to do in the day, what bars to visit, what clubs et cetera.

I'm staying in Hotel Vilar America which I think is close to Threatron and a few other bars.

If anyone can give a few tips or suggested itinerary for my first night or two?

I like bars with strippers, strippers that are OK to be touched! 

What bars to visit first? Where to move on to? What time do the bars / saunas get busy? Any good places to meet English speaking boys?

If anyone is in town in February please get in touch if you fancy meeting for a beer.

17 hours ago, redxs said:

I like bars with strippers, strippers that are OK to be touched! 

Then Gigolo Erotic house is your place, Fridays and Saturdays from 10-11PM and onwards.

As long as you have a tip ready, groping is encouraged (they will approach your table for a handshake, small talk, ask you for drink or if interested in a private session, and invite you to touch their body) Enjoy!

• Members

Can anyone list which bars or clubs are best each night? Or recommendations on where to go?

I’m in town soon and would appreciate some tips on what to do my first few nights,  Monday Tuesday Wednesday, where would be good to see strippers, meet guys early in the week?

I did a sauna timetable showing which place was best for Rio - so something like that would be excellent!

As I say - it’s my first few nights I’m looking for tips.

Cheers

On 11/6/2022 at 9:00 AM, redxs said:

Hello guys

I'm visiting Bogota for the first time in February 2023. First time in Colombia and can't wait - usually I visit Rio and have met a few guys form here there. Will anyone be in town?

Any local guides people would recommend? The first day or night a gay friendly guide would be nice to help get orientated to things.

If you've experience of Bogota and happy to chat - please DM me.

Mikey

I had pretty good time.  I had a 24/7 guide antonio ospino (facebook).  fun guy, not great english, not very experienced in bed, but fun in the clubs and touring. he has full time job so....  only can do days off.

• Members
On 12/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, redxs said:

Does anyone know of a friendly English speaking guy in Bogotá? Comfortable with a gay guy or visiting gay clubs in the evening?

imho:

The good looking guys are all in Medellin but don't speak much English and Sauna Tobi's long gone, RIP. But they do give a 50% discount. You may want to add a quick rt from BOG there. Ask anyone in Bogota and they'll tell you the people in Medellin are much better looking and Medellín has sunshine, a rarity in Bogota. But it's one of the world's largest cities. Half the guys on Chaterbate are in Medellin and you can usually arrange meetings. Some may really be in Bogota, IDK. 

Bogota has much more easy action but the guys are "real pros" for the most part, especially in the massage parlor saunas. Somehow 100K in English translates into 200K in Spanish. IDK. 

The Holiday Inn Express is a very nice hotel on the north end of the gay district on the main street. Hotels in the gay district can be a lot less than "nice". Personally I stay in the downtown high rise hotels because their taxis are cheap and reliable (as opposed to many on the street). It's also close to the museums and easy for a taxi ride up that mountain. 

*Do not miss the Gold Museum whatever*. And the Botero museum is excellent and has his collection of famous art given to him as a fellow artist by the best artists. 

• Members
On 2/2/2023 at 11:37 AM, redxs said:

Can anyone list which bars or clubs are best each night? Or recommendations on where to go?

I’m in town soon and would appreciate some tips on what to do my first few nights,  Monday Tuesday Wednesday, where would be good to see strippers, meet guys early in the week?

I did a sauna timetable showing which place was best for Rio - so something like that would be excellent!

As I say - it’s my first few nights I’m looking for tips.

Cheers

besides Theatron?