snwbrdr015

Boca Chica? Skip it!

• Members

Good to know. I don’t sunbathe at my age due to dermatological cancer risks so no draw for me anyway. May as well stick to the people watching part right in downtown El Condé etc. I have daytime strolled along the coast road in south Colonial zone for a not unpleasant view of the water and there is a decent small peninsula or outcrop somewhere in that area. But Montesino Beach there would be a scavenger’s bonanza if they could get pennies by plastic weight/volume. 

• Members

The thing with rates is: if it’s a low rate I normally don’t trust the guy. I feel that I must be on my wits more than usual. When a guy quotes DOP 3000 or over usually it comes out overpriced. In my experience they can look fantastic (muscled, tall, handsome and hung) but they are terrible in bed, can’t get hard and don’t cumm. It’s not always the case, but it’s the rule I fly by.
Fun anekdote: the hot, ripped stud quoted me 200 US dollar. I declined. He instantly dropped to an avatar DOP 2500 (50 USD) after which he asked for 70 dollars. I blocked the guy. He was bullshitting too much. 

in short:

DOP 1000 (low side; be vigilant) - DOP 3000+ (high-end, be suspicious)

On 11/10/2022 at 1:09 PM, snwbrdr015 said:

Bocha Chica? Fuck it. Skip it. 

Absolutely agree. I went to Boca Chica and couldn't get out fast enough. I'd booked a room, and even though I was losing money, I contacted a place I'd stayed at In Las Terrenas, made a reservation, and went there instead (even though I knew I would not be having any sex there). I'd passed through Boca Chica on a previous trip and it looked nice, and I'd read some hot stories on another site, but no one mentioned the whores and the constant hassling you experience. Definitely not worth the trip.

I went to Punta Cana for a family wedding a long time ago and I also booked a hotel room in Boca Chica for a week so I could experience a real town as opposed to the inclusivo. Huge mistake. The first night a somewhat scary guy sat with me at a quiet cafe while his friends sat down nearby. He picked up right away that I was gay. He didn't get abusive about that, but it was clear I had to pay him money or perhaps face consequences. There was a holiday weekend and drunk guys at the beach were getting into fights, which to be fair is common in Canada's bar districts, but I don't stick out there, ripped off at mom and pop food concessions and female prostitutes and pimps everywhere. There were lots of European men for female, and some women for male, hookers. The hotel desk clerk asked me if I wanted a woman. I considered asking the clerk later about a guy, but was worried about an underage person being sent.... and on a whole unfair to the people because that town was not representative of the people in DR. One nice thing, a police officer in Boca Chica made a teenager on a motorbike give me a ride to my hotel because he was concerned about safety. The teen didn't look happy about it, but he did it, and of course I gave him some money.

• Members

Boca Chica was already a dump 20 years ago. No beach town in the Caribbean is going to be a "real town," but I enjoyed the beaches in the north, which were geared more toward independent, activity tourists than to packaged tour tourists. That makes a difference. The beach butler I had there was a night-and-day difference from what Snwbdr describes. He was attentive, helpful, watched my stuff when I was swimming (an issue for solo travelers), and probably kept the other hawkers away.