reader

Fireworks times and concerts

From Pattaya News

Pattaya City has released a schedule for the Pattaya International Fireworks Festival on November 25th to November 26th, 2022.

November 25th showtimes:

At 7:00 P.M.: The event begins

At 7:15 P.M.: Opening ceremony by the Pattaya City Mayor Poramet Ngampichet followed by the Chonburi Governor

At 7:30 P.M.: The first fireworks show from Belgium

At 7:45 P.M.: The second fireworks show from the Philippines

At 8:00 P.M.: Concert from Aof Pongsak

At 9:15 P.M.: The third fireworks show from Malaysia

At 9:30 P.M.: The fourth fireworks show from Canada

At 9:45 P.M. Concert from Three Man Down band

At 10:45 P.M. End of program

November 26th Showtimes

At 7:15 P.M.: The event begins

At 7:30 P.M.: The first fireworks show from Canada

At 7:45 P.M.: The second fireworks show from the Philippines

At 8:00 P.M.: Concert from Rooftop

At 9:15 P.M.: The third fireworks show from Belgium

At 9:30 P.M.: The fourth fireworks show from Malaysia

At 9:45 P.M.: Concert from OG-ANIC & URIUS

At 10:45 P.M.: End of program

What an exciting adventure to go and see the fireworks last night (night 2 of the 2 night affair).

Met with Thai friend at 6:45pm on the busy Thappraya road in Jomtien in front of View Talay 5.  EVERY bahtbus passing by was super packed like I have never seen before.

My Thai friend insists that we take motorbike taxis to Pattaya.  Only problem was that there was never 2 motorbikes available at the same moment.  Some of the motorbike guys try to talk us into getting the 2 of us onto a single motorbike in 3 persons.  I was like NO way!!  Plus, I could see burning legs on the muffler.  So, we walked over to the Jomtien Complex outside of the main Supertown entrance where there are usually many motorbikes - but ZERO and when one would come it was a frenzy of competition.  So, we decided to walk in the direction of Thepprasit road, where there are usually many motorbikes available.  One came and he told us to wait a second and then another came - which was his wife.  Then we were off and I thought I would die a thousand deaths until they dropped us off at Soi 10 in Pattaya.  The drivers (husband and wife team) were truly excellent affronting all of the intense traffic and new little short cuts to get us to our destination 10 minutes before the fireworks started.

I agree with Ruthrieston that the first 2 displays were great (Canada and then the Philippines).  From where we were standing on Beach road we had a very clear view.  The coordination of the fireworks with the music was superb.  For the third display for Belgium, we did not experience the huge cloud of black smoke - as we still had a clear view (although slightly diminished due to a haze formation) from where we were on Beach road.  What I did not like was the BIG interval (more than 1 hour) from after the 2nd display until the 3rd display.  Standing the entire time we were tired.

Would I do it again next year?  Yes, but with better planning to arrive early enough to find a space on the beach with those nice big beach mats that we could sit on.  Also, to bring enough drinks and perhaps some food - to help pass the time during the big interval.

Afterwards, we headed over to Boyztown - where it was calm (not packed like over on Beach road) and we were so happy to have a beer and to finally be able to sit down.

Then we arranged for 2 motorbike taxis and the ride back to Jomtien was more harrowing than the ride to Pattaya because our motorbike drivers took a side road that was not asphalted (it was a muddy pot holed road) and consequently the ride was bumpy and slippery, where you had the fear that you were going to become a wet pig in one of the giant water filled potholes when the motorbike would slip and fall on its side.  Again, our drivers were truly super skilled to negotiate any obstacles that came in our way and we were safely back at the Jomtien Complex.

Pattaya_fireworks_26Nov2022.jpg