12is12

Update?

3 hours ago, 12is12 said:

I'll be there next week.

Could anyone please contribute anything about anything?

Venues? Apps? Rates? Something.....?

Are PP and SR as dead as this forum ?    )-:

I was there 10 days 2 weeks ago and will write something hopefully in time of your trip. 

Nothing dead about neither PP nor SR, not Bangkok level choices but still fun to be had. 

If you consider this forum dead why you looking for help here ? 

• Members

USD are accepted in Cambodia; the Euro & THB are not.  Probably easier to change Euro to USD in BKK but it's certainly possible to do it in Cambodia.  Many (not all) ATM's in Cambodia dispense USD so that's the easiest way to get dollars while you are there.

Cambodians seem to be using the riel more.  So, if one pays a $15 bill in a restaurant with a US $20 note, the change may come in riels.  I find that the amount will be generally accurate & I leave it at that.   I try to use a credit card as much as possible but I still have a wallet full of riel notes that won't pay for very much.

19 hours ago, 10tazione said:

Is it better to change EUR to USD in Cambodia or do double exchange EuR-THB-USD in Bangkok?

Or can we just pay in THB?

Or even in EUR since it is now 1:1?

Anyone hay some info?

I,d purchase USD in my country of residence. Bring a lot of small denominations and make sure they are not torn nor have writings on it.

Money: it all depends on where yourself you are from and what ingenious ways-and trouble to achieve that-you are willing to do to maybe gain less as 1%.

In the areas close by TH (mostly up to SR and Sihanouk) THB may be accepted (still), but at not very favorable exch rates. But I just saw my last visit was also >5 yrs as no stamps in current passpt for KH.

Somehow, though a little less perhaps as for the Laotians, the more talented Khmer guys seem to be in BKK and/or Pty. The one who gave me service a few days ago readily admitted TH was far better for the money and he stated to be not homesick.

2 hours ago, pong2 said:

In the areas close by TH (mostly up to SR and Sihanouk) THB may be accepted (still), but at not very favorable exch rates.

I visited  Cambodia and Laos recently and only few times (one in Cambodia, twice in Laos) I was quoted price in baht. While in Cambodia dollar is fully intermingling with riel at rate  1 to 4000 , and prices are often quoted in either currency , in Laos despite inflation and currency collapse they still prefer kip and that includes even money boys. I guess it may not be as easy for Lao people  as it's for Khmers to exchange  dollars.