reader

Thailand’s e-Visa service available at 9 additional Embassies and Consulates

I used the evisa first last year (it was available in Germany already last year) and again this year and really appreciate that I don't have to travel to embassy, and have my passport mailed back to save me another trip to pick it up. Price is the same online as at the embassy, whereas Cambodia 30 USD at the airport or embassy, and a 6 dollar service charge when doing it online. For Cambodia, I still prefer visa on arrival because it's cheaper and faster (I would spend half an hour on the internet, whereas at the airport it took estimated 3 minutes).

I just handed them my passport and 30 USD, and got it back estimated 3 minutes later with the visa. I was given an arrival card when I handed them my passport, which I filled out to show the immigration officer who would stamp me in.

Here notes from my diary:

Fill out customs form in airplane (but then they wave me through and I don't even have to leave the form). Fill out health declaration in airport (and some staff in Hazmat suits), and someone collects them but doesn't even look at the forms. Khmer tourist visa about 3 min, 30 USD. Immigration asks for duration of stay (that's the one information they need for doing their job), but not for reason of my visit, accommodation, vaccination, health insurance, proof of leaving, passport picture.

Note: this from Chris is when he entered-should be clear-with all anti-covid measures. THese are now all scrapped, AFAIK. Can confirm from own exp. that simply old-style in the airpt is a breeze and fast done. Just 1 remark: take the exact money in US$ with you. IF you do not have access to that and passing by here in BKK-these usual praised money-exc can also handle that quickly.