gytis123

Thailand in May 2023

Hello everyone

I never been in Thailand. And I got the opportunity to go there on 2023 May (first half).

I know that peak season is in November to February.

Is May a good enough month to visit Thailand? I hope that gay districts with bars and massage parlors are active and not deserted during that period (on normal circumstances, without covid conditions) in Bangkok/Pattaya. 

For example how is the situation in Pattaya Jomtien Supertown. Are many boys available to off?

May will be fine. Boyztown will likely be very quiet, but if you head to Jomtien Complex all the bars and massage shops will be open. There may be a few less boys, but also a lot less tourists, so less competition. I love low season, and hate high season. The only advantage of high season is the slightly cooler weather. Everything else sucks. As a travel tip, don't use "Pattaya Jomtien Supertown" This place doesn't exist. No taxi driver, motorbike taxi, bar boy or anyone else will have a clue. You want to say "Jomtien Complek" (Thai's dont say X).

Good luck planning your trip. I am sure you will have a great time.  

Thanks for the reply.

I also don't like overcrowded places with tourists. I think it'll be very convenient to visit temples and other tourist spots.

So you are implying that I have better chances to off the boy I like and I have more to choose from because there is less competition?

I read that Jomtien Complex mainly consists of host sitting bars.

So how about gay gogo bars in Bangkok and other places in Pattaya when I'll be visiting in May?

Because first I planning to stay in Bangkok for 8 days and the go to Pattaya for another 8 days.

IF there is a stumbleblock then it will be yet another new outbreak of this dreadful virus-and noone will be able to predict.

For the rest: be assured: what always strikes many is the really GIANT oversupply of about every commodity what the tourist may perhaps want and which what some money can be made. Available boys for some pleasure always outnumber the potential takers multifold.

Wheather wise this is not really a good time- the later end of the Thai very hot and also very HUMID ´summer-a refresher then when finally the rainy season starts some weeks later. That is why the schools have their holidays here then.......For airlines and travelagencies this is the lower valley of the low season. Which mostly-I hope for you too-will also give the lowest airfares.

2 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Thanks for the reply.

I also don't like overcrowded places with tourists. I think it'll be very convenient to visit temples and other tourist spots.

So you are implying that I have better chances to off the boy I like and I have more to choose from because there is less competition?

So how about gay gogo bars in Bangkok and other places in Pattaya when I'll be visiting in May?

Because first I planning to stay in Bangkok for 8 days and the go to Pattaya for another 8 days.

You would be able to swim every day. I do. It only rains for an hour or so. You never get prolonged rain. As said above, as long as nothing "bad" happens globally, the bars and massage shops will be open everyday, every month, year round. Just as they were before covid.

Keep in mind that there is a large number of expats here. We keep the bars and massage shops alive in low season. 

Jomtien Complex is all host bars. No gogo bars. Head to Boyztown for gogo bars. Toy Boy, A bomb, X Boys, Dreamboys. 
Sunee Plaza has Winner Boy and Nice Boys, but it can be dead some nights, even now in the run up to high season. 

As for Bangkok, I think there are other members here who live in Bangkok and can give you better information. I live near to Jomtien. 

12 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

As a travel tip, don't use "Pattaya Jomtien Supertown" This place doesn't exist. No taxi driver, motorbike taxi, bar boy or anyone else will have a clue. You want to say "Jomtien Complek" (Thai's dont say X).

Good luck planning your trip. I am sure you will have a great time.  

I also find what the true name of the Jomtien Complex really is to be confusing:

Both of the external marquees in the 2 distinct fronts of the Complex are illuminated with the words:  "SUPER TOWN JOMTIEN WALKING STREET"

Then the webmaster of the https://www.gaysupertown.com/  Supertown web page labels it as:  "SUPERTOWN JOMTIEN COMPLEX"

Some of my Thai friends refer to it as "Supertown", or as "Jomtien Complek".

Why do these differences exist ?  Who is in charge ?

Super Town Jomtien Walking Street marquee.jpg

Super Town Jomtien Walking Street marquee ii.jpg

Supertown Jomtien Complex webmaster.jpg

Edited by bkkmfj2648
fix typo

12 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Thanks for the reply.

All the boys in Jomtien Complex are available to off, except perhaps at Double Shot Bar where supposedly they are all straight boys and cannot be offed.

2 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

supposedly they are all straight boys and cannot be offed

I had heard they were straight, but hadn't heard they aren't offable. That's disappointing. Why are they there then? Just as eye candy? I don't get it. I guess I'll not go there during my upcoming trip.

4 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I also find what the true name of the Jomtien Complex really is to be confusing:

Both of the external marquees in the 2 distinct fronts of the Complex are illuminated with the words:  "SUPER TOWN JOMTIEN WALKING STREET"

Then the webmaster of the https://www.gaysupertown.com/  Supertown web page labels it as:  "SUPERTOWN JOMTIEN COMPLEX"

Some of my Thai friends refer to it as "Supertown", or as "Jomtien Complek".

Why do these differences exist ?  Who is in charge ?

Super Town Jomtien Walking Street marquee.jpg

Super Town Jomtien Walking Street marquee ii.jpg

Supertown Jomtien Complex webmaster.jpg

Who is responsible for the confusion? Well..

2 doors down from the Agate Hotel, is the "Jomtien Complex Office" (that's the name). They are the knife in the back for all bar owners in the complex. I had to deal with them once and it was a fucking nightmare.

These are the morons who decided to put that stupid roof over the complex, with floods the upper level when it rains causing drips and leaks into all the bars below when it rains and in hot season makes the whole street a fucking sauna. 
These are also the morons who, without talking to any business owners, came up with "SUPERTOWN" and put big signs on the entrances. 

SUPERTOWN has been snubbled by all the business owners in the complex. Many actually put "Jomtien Complex" on the signs to their bars as a bigger protest.

As for the website "gaysupertown.com" ... This is the hobby of "Banjo Jim". He's a cheap charlie who walks around the complex touching boys without tipping, and tries to use the fact he has a shitty website to garnish free drinks from bar owners. 

Pre covid I used to travel to Thailand in either May/June/July and found the weather was good for me (I was used to it) and one advantage of traveling then was less crowds in a lot of places. My next trip may well be next May with current plans to go overboard (4 guys if possible) in a massage place on my birthday😑

9 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

All the boys in Jomtien Complex are available to off, except perhaps at Double Shot Bar where supposedly they are all straight boys and cannot be offed.

This assumption could land you in hot water. I know many Thai's who go for a drink in Jomtien Complex after work and such. None of them have any interest in being "offed" by an old farang. They are customers just as we are. Double Shot boys can be offed, but as you said, they are straight. You wont be fucking them! I hear reports that many of them are duds (can't keep it up with a man).

It was only yesterday I was talking to a friend and he mentioned the time he was walking through Jomtien Complex with his boyfriend, and some old farang touched his boyfriends ass. The boyfriend turned around and walloped him. Classic. 

7 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Who is responsible for the confusion? Well..

2 doors down from the Agate Hotel, is the "Jomtien Complex Office" (that's the name). They are the knife in the back for all bar owners in the complex. I had to deal with them once and it was a fucking nightmare.

These are the morons who decided to put that stupid roof over the complex, with floods the upper level when it rains causing drips and leaks into all the bars below when it rains and in hot season makes the whole street a fucking sauna. 
These are also the morons who, without talking to any business owners, came up with "SUPERTOWN" and put big signs on the entrances. 

SUPERTOWN has been snubbled by all the business owners in the complex. Many actually put "Jomtien Complex" on the signs to their bars as a bigger protest.

As for the website "gaysupertown.com" ... This is the hobby of "Banjo Jim". He's a cheap charlie who walks around the complex touching boys without tipping, and tries to use the fact he has a shitty website to garnish free drinks from bar owners. 

This explains a lot.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

As a newly retired guy here - there is still so much to discover, understand, and get up to speed with.  So much is a mystery, if you do not know the history behind the facts.

15 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

This assumption could land you in hot water. I know many Thai's who go for a drink in Jomtien Complex after work and such. None of them have any interest in being "offed" by an old farang. They are customers just as we are. Double Shot boys can be offed, but as you said, they are straight. You wont be fucking them! I hear reports that many of them are duds (can't keep it up with a man).

It was only yesterday I was talking to a friend and he mentioned the time he was walking through Jomtien Complex with his boyfriend, and some old farang touched his boyfriends ass. The boyfriend turned around and walloped him. Classic. 

On 11/18/2022 at 11:40 AM, kokopelli3 said:

To clarify my statement above,  "all the working boys" in Jomtien Complex are available to off. Working boys are those who work/freelance at the bars.  Although they are available that does not  necessarily mean they will go off  with  everyone. That choice is up to them.

If someone cannot distinguish "working boys" from customers then best to ask a waiter/server/owner/manager for assistance. 

I will have to inquire about the policy at Double Shot Bar. Some say they can be offed; some say they are all straight, some say they don't know.  

2 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

Tonight I confirmed that the boys working at Double Shot Bar are straight. They can be offed for a fee of 500 Baht. What they can or will do is between the customer and them. Hope this is helpful.

Urwin was on one tonight! Double Shot is great. The boy with the longer hair, skinny. He is a lot of fun! Speaking to other bars owners this was the best Saturday / weekend since covid. Bars were packed. Boys were being bar fined all over. The complex was alive again. I had my best night out since 2019. 

Just a shame the police had to turn up and close everyone at 1:45am. Great way to welcome back tourism. Shove flashing red lights, guns and flashlights in their faces. Well done BIB! I guess it's important to remember that after 2am, in a bar, you catch covid. 

Idiots. 

Thank you for all the responses. I think I got the idea what to expect when visiting Bangkok and Pattaya. What is left to do, is to wait for May to come :)

On 11/19/2022 at 8:07 AM, kokopelli3 said:

To clarify my statement above,  "all the working boys" in Jomtien Complex are available to off. Working boys are those who work/freelance at the bars.  Although they are available that does not  necessarily mean they will go off  with  everyone. That choice is up to them.

PS. I'm 30 years old and looking younger so I have expectations that many boys would be willing to go with me.

7 hours ago, gytis123 said:

PS. I'm 30 years old and looking younger so I have expectations that many boys would be willing to go with me.

As long as there is money, no one has a problem...many gay for pay guys. You may find more free hookups on grindr, but many are looking for bf's or long term...if you're a tourist, kind of hard to do that, so you might break some hearts with the free trade.

Being young doesn't make you more desirable because many guys think they don't have to pay because of your youth and the MB's are just that, money boys, it's a job. Older guys are "usually" easier, not looking for marathon fucking sessions, there are exceptions (Vinapu?) and older guys are usually better tippers.

This has been My experience....

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

even if you were 60 and looking older there would be no shortage of guys willing to go with you 

Exactly as I found it as I fit into that category, never had a problem of finding the guys to go with me👌