iendo

When not to go to the police

19 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

Not sure where this "advice" comes from or whether it's authoritative.

I saw a video of a vlogger the other day and he didn't have his pasport with him while riding a mother bike. When he went to the police station they told him to always have a copy of his pasport including visa page or photos of it on his phone.

I get vicarious embarrassment watching this guy.

Also a photocopy of your passport's main page and visa page is almost always acceptable.  Of course you can carry your actual passport, but most people don't want to do that.  Still, technically by law you must always have your passport on your person.

I would say the risk of being checked at all as long as you are in whatever venue during legal operating hours, the odds are you won't be checked. 

It is your responsibility to know the legal opening and closing hours.  Keep yourself within legal limits and you should be fine.

On 11/21/2022 at 8:51 PM, Gaybutton said:

It is your responsibility to know the legal opening and closing hours.

I thought the clubs that stay open after closing time are allowed to do so because they pay off the police?

Also, does anyone know what happened to that lawmaker's proposal to move closing time to 4am in certain nightlife districts?

1 hour ago, gerefan said:

Agreed, but isn’t it supposed to keep them away or phone ahead of a visit?

If not, what are bars “paying” for? 

With the activity of police in Jomtien Complex the last few days, a fair few bar owners seem to be asking the same questions. Just as they are getting back on their feet after 2 years off bullshit, the police want to kick them in the nuts 1 more time.