vinapu

Guys and ruins, ruins and boys -trip to Cambodia in Oct 2022

Sok sabay thé? (everything OK?). No more ´bram roy riel´ (500 r=4,5 bt) asked for all the time. 

Was kind of missing you, as no reports since the trainride in Laos. Indeed PnPn has been spruced up-a station for maybe 4 or 5 trains/week, if the hourly shuttle to airport still has not been revived. Enjoy the many ruins in SR and I am sure we can also expect a thorough overview of what is available there now as for entertainment.

no, train shuttle from Phnom Penh airport has not been revived yet.

I will write something more about entertainment in Siem Reap  in due course for now I can say that there's still Barcode bar with the show, but no longer massage there and  there are massage places  Gecko, 168 Man and at Men's resort.  

On 11/23/2022 at 7:02 AM, vinapu said:

In PP massages they expect you to be showered already and in none shower was offered after massage even if they had facilities.

Interesting, I showered in Hatha Khmer Msg as well as in Heco, before and after.

Not much selection in Heco, only 1 boy available, though msg itself was good.

Hatha Khmer Msg similar to Arena in Bkk, can we say that?

Might try A&P next, what is the best time to go there?

9 minutes ago, 10tazione said:

Interesting, I showered in Hatha Khmer Msg as well as in Heco, before and after.

Not much selection in Heco, only 1 boy available, though msg itself was good.

Hatha Khmer Msg similar to Arena in Bkk, can we say that?

No idea what, s going on with that showering as clearly our experiences were opposite. 

Heco seems understaffed as we both experienced shortage of staff or rather choice but what we had was still good. All we need is one place ane one boy there it seems. 

Absolutely agree with that coparizon, at least whe comes to 330 str location. When I was here contingent was actually more numerous than Arena's. 

As for A&P I can't say anything as I ever been there so hopefully others will respond. 

4 hours ago, 10tazione said:

Local guys turn up late in the afternoon, probably after work. They lie down on the sunbeds, have a swim and many then head to the sauna and jacuzzi area.

During the day the place is rather quiet as most guests seem to head out into town.

Hmmm....maybe it's time I made another visit to Phnom Pehn!

So as you can see above fun still can be had in Siem Reap. But make no mistake , evening meets with boys  were just side business. My main goal was sightseeing and number one goal was Banteai Chhmar temple about 60 km north of Sisophon. This is last from big Khmer temples I never visited.

It’s vast complex but quite ruined even for Angkor standards, still warrants  2-3  hrs drive on way and that 90$ outlay. Time there was spoiled  by some festivities in nearby  village accompanied by deafening music which was heard in Siem Reap and Poipet and perhaps in Kuala Lumpur too I’m sure.

few impressions from Banteai Chhmar 

20221025_111323.thumb.jpg.8b11667247e85f105a086f70b4d85c45.jpg

20221025_113443.thumb.jpg.34114faafd362ca8cf5cb3ed4af6d2df.jpg

20221025_121516.thumb.jpg.33fa4e8f13fbb1577f47e0f04c78a43f.jpg

20221025_123932.thumb.jpg.f40ab85b1a3498eba9dd3e89078c9184.jpg

and loud festivities

20221025_131351.thumb.jpg.4a9d4b6cd5131834fba66ce18847c383.jpg

20221025_131635.thumb.jpg.97b91248036bca45c07126eab549ea0e.jpg

20221025_131502.thumb.jpg.4a855313b1647b0b481ea3002e2fcf33.jpg

1 hour ago, 10tazione said:

While it is in a quiet area, I remember some noise in the morning, from surrounding temples, dogs barking. Did you experience anything like that?

dogs barking at night and cocks (animals) making their morning noises but can't say it bothered me, my condo faces 16 lane highway , LOL   

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

More about that later, boy stuff first as this is what readers are waiting for, not a pile of old stones.

So true!!!  

Unless of course, you cannot resist your encounter with the "pile of old stones....."

pile_of_old_stones.jpg.036dea9821aae665b7f33fd1c3650e77.jpg

Reminds me of a place called, "Dream Canyon" - just outside of Boulder, Colorado - you never knew what you might cum up against on those pile of old stones  :>))

Looks like you had Preah Vihear to yourself. I went there early on a Sunday morning and it was quite busy. In fact we arrived at the little place where you buy tickets and wait for your truck up the mountain before any of the employees and it was surprisingly crowded already. Definitely a great setting.

Have you been to Koh Ker?