Olddaddy

Have the smokers gone?

Have all bars banned smoking ?

I have been coughing lately I think it was the secondhandd smoke from smokers I have got from the outside smokers in jomtien bars

Filthy habit trying to give others cancer even the vapers which seems to be taking over now 

No respect for others 

Giving others emphysema ,I have been forced to go for a lung check because of some old guy smoking a pipe in jomtien sitting near me 

Now it's these vapers trying to get in young people to make it part of a scene and the in thing 

This will be the thing now this vaping,it isn't considered smoking so they will be puffing away 

I now have to take time out of my day to go for dangerous chest X rays

The law here in TH says that in inside/enclosed public rooms it is not allowed at all. In BKK here from what Ive noted-but I have not been at all in many bars, this is also adhered to. But you know what law means here.

Plus that I get impression you mainly mean Pty-and that abounds with open air bars.

4 minutes ago, vaughn said:

not to be rude, but how exactly have you pinpointed that as the cause of your latest ailment, as opposed to maybe any other cause?

full disclosure: I smoke occasionally, never indoors but if there's an ashtray at an outdoor table and i'm not shoulder-to-shoulder in a very crowded space It's legal and fair game.

Are you smoking these vapers?

Or cigarettes?

It's up to you I guess but I shouldn't have to suffer from emphysema because someone near me is smoking 

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Have all bars banned smoking ?

I have been coughing lately I think it was the secondhandd smoke from smokers I have got from the outside smokers in jomtien bars

Filthy habit trying to give others cancer even the vapers which seems to be taking over now 

No respect for others 

Giving others emphysema ,I have been forced to go for a lung check because of some old guy smoking a pipe in jomtien sitting near me 

Now it's these vapers trying to get in young people to make it part of a scene and the in thing 

This will be the thing now this vaping,it isn't considered smoking so they will be puffing away 

I now have to take time out of my day to go for dangerous chest X rays

In Jomtien Complex, It's not just the smokers and vapers. You now have the weed smokers also. A couple of bars are not allowing people to smoke it on site (@home bar is one). Most of the other bars have no issue with it's consumption. I didn't care much, till the one time a guy started smoking weed inside Dragon Music Lounge. The smell was overwhelming and we left.  

4 hours ago, BiggusDikkus said:

I hope your lungs turn out to be healthy; there was a tuberculosis scare in Pattaya before the pandemic, so it's a good thing you're having things looked at by a doctor.

When was the TB scare ?what are the symptoms?

6 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Not saying people shouldn't worry about health issues....but

43 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

When was the TB scare ?what are the symptoms?

Yeh, I regret posting this. I had no right to cause paranoia. But to answer your question, it was sometime around 2019, at least from what I remember. Thailand felt it was being particularly hard hit because of its migrant labor situation.