BiggusDikkus

How do I prove I'm fully vaxxed upon landing at Swampy?

I'm getting ready for a flight tomorrow and just realized I have no idea what Thailand's arrival procedures are. I know that the government has fully opened the country to vaccinated tourists, but how do I prove I'm up to date with my jabs? Do I just bring my coupons along and show them to someone at the airport? Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

47 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

I'm getting ready for a flight tomorrow and just realized I have no idea what Thailand's arrival procedures are. I know that the government has fully opened the country to vaccinated tourists, but how do I prove I'm up to date with my jabs? Do I just bring my coupons along and show them to someone at the airport? Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

You can fly in unvaccinated and without tests. The borders are open. Rules are the same as 2019. 

2 hours ago, BiggusDikkus said:

Great that we don't need that paper or digital mess anymore.

I'm flying tomorrow too with Emirates from Amsterdam, arriving midday Friday.

5 hours ago, tm_nyc said:

Yes, definitely one less hassle to deal with.  Probably not a bad idea to carry copies (at least) of your vax documentation when you travel.  Just in case.

You can. 
Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia require nothing. If you fancy a trip to Lao, you will need it. Lao require vaccination proof or a rapid test. 

9 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

You can fly in unvaccinated and without tests. The borders are open. Rules are the same as 2019. 

I confirm , crossed into Thailand 3 times  recently without slightest fuss , just passport , smile and go ahead. On two occasions they also asked me  to show them boarding pass from my flight just landed so don't throw it out until you are on the street

6 hours ago, tm_nyc said:

Probably not a bad idea to carry copies (at least) of your vax documentation when you travel.  Just in case.

very sensible

26 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

If you fancy a trip to Lao, you will need it. Lao require vaccination proof or a rapid test. 

Earlier this month I landed in Luang Prabang and they asked for neither but again , not a bad idea to carry proof of vaccination anyways.

I was last in line and with my dignified look thay could simply assume I have one

25 minutes ago, vinapu said:

On two occasions they also asked me  to show them boarding pass from my flight just landed so don't throw it out until you are on the street

very sensible

Very sensible indeed. Never  throw away documentation until you are on the next phase of your travels!

Some airports even demand your baggage receipts before you can take the bags.

(The boarding pass inspection is probably because a recently arriving flight was a stopover that didn't terminate there, so they need to be certain that confused passengers  to wherever didn't get off in the wrong country. It happens.)

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I confirm , crossed into Thailand 3 times  recently without slightest fuss , just passport , smile and go ahead. On two occasions they also asked me  to show them boarding pass from my flight just landed so don't throw it out until you are on the street

very sensible

Earlier this month I landed in Luang Prabang and they asked for neither but again , not a bad idea to carry proof of vaccination anyways.

I was last in line and with my dignified look thay could simply assume I have one

My point on Thailand was the rules are the same as they were in 2019. There are no COVID related restrictions. I flew into Thailand in May with the Thai Pass and a test. Was very easy. Now not even this is required. 

As for Lao, happy to hear that. I had an unvaccinated friend who had to do a rapid test before crossing the border a few days ago. Hopefully Lao will catch up, or maybe as you said they are already. 

I used these 2 resources to travel in 2020-2021-2022

https://www.kayak.co.uk/travel-restrictions?

https://www.skyscanner.net/travel-restrictions

I managed to travel 3 continents on a permanent bases without any unnecessary injections thought-out the covid bullshit.

They are still regularly updated and should provide you with the information you need in regard to flights, transits and arrival information for most countries in the world.   

• Members
10 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

(The boarding pass inspection is probably because a recently arriving flight was a stopover that didn't terminate there, so they need to be certain that confused passengers  to wherever didn't get off in the wrong country. It happens.)

That might be the reason.  I had to show my boarding pass at Suvarnabhumi back in September & it was an EVA flight going on to Taipei.