Olddaddy

World AIDS Day December 1

• Members
2 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Walking thru. Sydney's gay district of Darlinghurst today flags were up displayed the WORLD AIDS Day December 1 

Time to get your test , 

That's what World AIDS Day means to you? Get tested? That's a good idea, but the Day is far more than that, in my opinion.

Yes, sexually active gay and bi men should be tested annually (many straight men and women, too). So this date serves as a reminder, not to engage in sexual behavior that places us individually and others at risk of becoming infected, or infecting others.  

Then, for me, there is the sad remembrance of scores of persons I’ve known or slept with whose lives were extinguished way too early, as the result of contracting HIV/AIDS.  There are now a couple of generations of individuals who were born after the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis (or were very young at the time) who lack sensitivity about or understanding of how devasting it was and could again be.

7 hours ago, Lucky said:

That's what World AIDS Day means to you? Get tested? That's a good idea, but the Day is far more than that, in my opinion.

Your right ,today I will do some research on World AIDS Day to see the meaning.👍