nycboy79

The W Hotel Bangkok?

New here and tried the search function for any W Bangkok hotel reviews, but couldn’t find any.  Apologies if I missed.

looking for a luxury hotel that is gay friendly, especially to bringing back overnight guests.  I know Le Méridien Bangkok is highly recommend, but I’m in love with the bathtubs in The W.  I LOVE taking a bath with my guest ;)

anyone have any experience with The W and if it’s easy to have guests join at this hotel?

thank you and thanks for thirst boards.  They’ve been so valuable in planning my trip in January 

9 hours ago, nycboy79 said:

New here and tried the search function for any W Bangkok hotel reviews, but couldn’t find any.  Apologies if I missed.

looking for a luxury hotel that is gay friendly, especially to bringing back overnight guests.  I know Le Méridien Bangkok is highly recommend, but I’m in love with the bathtubs in The W.  I LOVE taking a bath with my guest ;)

anyone have any experience with The W and if it’s easy to have guests join at this hotel?

thank you and thanks for thirst boards.  They’ve been so valuable in planning my trip in January 

Le Meridien has a big bathtub, at least in the Aventec Suite, and a double shower!

20 hours ago, nycboy79 said:

I have stayed at the W a few times, I never have problems with guests at any of the Marriott properties.

W is nice, has a really good cocktail lounge, restaurant next to it is great, guest friendly, nice rooms but the standard rooms are smaller than average.

My main problem with W is the location, it's not a major problem but I think there are better options around.

/SO Bangkok has rooms with baths, Le Meridien also has rooms and suites with baths, Crowne Plaza is another good option in the area.

On 11/28/2022 at 8:27 AM, nycboy79 said:

No problem whatsoever, at least with the hotel staff, who will ignore you. There is, however, a long walk to the elevator bank, and there will be other guests' eyes on you and your new friend. There is also the matter of the W being ultra hip. Everyone dresses like they are fashion models. Most guys you meet on Soi 2 or 4 or even on Patpong will not look out of place — they also seem to be stepping out of fashion magazines when they change into their street clothes — but on one long walk to the elevators with several pairs of eyes on me and a Thai friend I had known for years made me wish I had dressed as well as everyone else. Also, if you are with someone from the Patpong area who is new to the scene, he might be overwhelmed by the luxe ambience of the W's lobby. That's quickly forgotten, however, once you get upstairs.

One final note, the W attracts a lot of gay guests, and I always find that comforting.

Have fun, you'll love it there!

I have stayed at the W many times and am surprised by the last respondent’s impression. There are plenty of guests who walk around and go to breakfast in shorts and a tank top (I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t, but the fact is that they do). I have not experienced anyone hanging around the narrow walkway from the main entrance to the elevators and in Bangkok I’ve never experienced anyone caring about anyone else was doing. The W is a 4* more than a 5*. It’s a solid option but don’t expect opulence or luxury as you would at the Mandarin Oriental, for example. There’s no problem whatsoever bringing guests back with you.