ichigo

Jomtien hotels (not in the complex)

Hi all. I’ve managed to book myself a short Thailand holiday in between family and work commitments, was hoping for 2 weeks but could only manage 6 days, but any time in Thailand is better than no time in Thailand I reckon.

Anyhow, I’m toying with spending half the time in Bangkok and the other in Pattaya (Jomtien), and I’m kinda wanting a hotel with a balcony with a beach view. Has anyone stayed at Welcome World Beach Resort or Avalon Beach Resort? Do these hotels have beach views? If not, is there anything around the general area that would be suitable? Cheers!

It depends on what you mean by  a beach view. The row of hotels overlooking Dongtan certainly have uninterrupted views of the sea but you'd have to check whether a particular room has one. Those hotels have narrow beach fronts for obvious reasons, stretching a long way back  as far as the Pattaya road where the main entrances tend to be.

I assume that the  rooms with the best views will be priced accordingly. And will be the most in demand.

12 hours ago, Londoner said:

It depends on what you mean by  a beach view. The row of hotels overlooking Dongtan certainly have uninterrupted views of the sea but you'd have to check whether a particular room has one. Those hotels have narrow beach fronts for obvious reasons, stretching a long way back  as far as the Pattaya road where the main entrances tend to be.

I assume that the  rooms with the best views will be priced accordingly. And will be the most in demand.

Ah yep makes sense, cheers. I probably should have said 'ocean view', that's what I'm after.

And just to hijack my own thread, if one was to spend a short amount of time in Thailand, would you prefer:

1. Bangkok then Pattaya

2. Pattaya then Bangkok

3. Just Bangkok.

Can't really decide, all I have booked is the flight in and out of BKK and they are at reasonable times.

10 hours ago, ichigo said:

And just to hijack my own thread, if one was to spend a short amount of time in Thailand, would you prefer:

1. Bangkok then Pattaya

2. Pattaya then Bangkok

3. Just Bangkok.

Can't really decide, all I have booked is the flight in and out of BKK and they are at reasonable times.

less then 4 days - Bangkok

4 days - 2 here and 2 there 

5 -7 days , 2 Pattaya, rest in BKK in any order

Why I answered that way? Because it's roughly  what I did on my last trip ( report  started , rest to follow ) 1st leg 1 day - BKK, 2nd leg 8 days -3 BKK, 1 Pattaya, 4 days BKK, 3rd leg 4 days - 2 Pattaya and 2 BKK.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:42 AM, ichigo said:

Hi all. I’ve managed to book myself a short Thailand holiday in between family and work commitments, was hoping for 2 weeks but could only manage 6 days, but any time in Thailand is better than no time in Thailand I reckon.

Anyhow, I’m toying with spending half the time in Bangkok and the other in Pattaya (Jomtien), and I’m kinda wanting a hotel with a balcony with a beach view. Has anyone stayed at Welcome World Beach Resort or Avalon Beach Resort? Do these hotels have beach views? If not, is there anything around the general area that would be suitable? Cheers!

Yes, I did stay in Welcome world beach resort. It is a nice hotel and the more expensive rooms have seaview. But..... they make a problem with joiners, if they are not Thai. If they have f.e an overstay, they will not be allowed. For that reason last november I changed to Agate hotel in de Jomtien complex. No seaview but a very friendly joiner policy. They make not a problem at all. And the rooms are ok! 

On 12/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, stijntje said:

For me, arrival time decides if I would start in Bangkok or Pattaya.

Arrival before noon : I would prefer to start in Pattaya

Arrival in the afternoon : I start in Bangkok

I'll be arriving at around 11am, so starting in Pattaya does seem like a good choice.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:24 PM, Londoner said:

I agree with that. I'm no lover of BKK but I find the journey from the airport into the city -traffic notwithstanding- nothing less than thrilling, even if it can be frustrating.  

I usually just take a combination of ARL/MRT/walk or ARL/BTS/walk. Rolling a suitcase from Silom or Sala Daeng station is always a fun time lol. 

On 12/1/2022 at 10:19 PM, floridarob said:

To answer, what do you like....sounds like the beach. But you like massages, restaurants, go-go bars, host bars, twinks or masculine, you top or bottom, sky bars, shopping....etc...?

Yes to all of the above! Massages - yes, restaurants - yes, gogo/host bars - gogo preferred but host can do also, twinks/masculine - I like both, but at the end of the day I will usually go with whoever has the nicest face (amongst other things), sky bars - they are nice, but not too fussed, shopping - I'm not a big shopper like I used to be but I like both malls and markets.

21 hours ago, vinapu said:

less then 4 days - Bangkok

4 days - 2 here and 2 there 

5 -7 days , 2 Pattaya, rest in BKK in any order

Why I answered that way? Because it's roughly  what I did on my last trip ( report  started , rest to follow ) 1st leg 1 day - BKK, 2nd leg 8 days -3 BKK, 1 Pattaya, 4 days BKK, 3rd leg 4 days - 2 Pattaya and 2 BKK.

I like the way you divided it up - I'll be there for 6 days, so now I'm actually thinking 2 in Pattaya and 4 in Bangkok rather than 3 and 3, thanks for the suggestion!. Bangkok is my favourite but I would like a bit of a beach getaway too.

18 hours ago, peterholland said:

Yes, I did stay in Welcome world beach resort. It is a nice hotel and the more expensive rooms have seaview. But..... they make a problem with joiners, if they are not Thai. If they have f.e an overstay, they will not be allowed. For that reason last november I changed to Agate hotel in de Jomtien complex. No seaview but a very friendly joiner policy. They make not a problem at all. And the rooms are ok! 

Ah this is what I did not quite think about! Thank you for alerting me to this as it is quite an important factor in deciding where to stay!

3 hours ago, floridarob said:

2 in Pattaya and 4 in BKK sounds good, I'd probably stay the whole 6 in BKK, but I'm a vampire that likes big cities and BKK has better looking guys and more manly, my opinion as well as more massage options.

you sound like my twin brother as I probably would do the same although jumping for 1-2 days to Pattaya is nice distraction from Bangkok charms

3 hours ago, ichigo said:

I like the way you divided it up - I'll be there for 6 days, so now I'm actually thinking 2 in Pattaya and 4 in Bangkok rather than 3 and 3, thanks for the suggestion!. Bangkok is my favourite but I would like a bit of a beach getaway too.

going to Pattaya for the beach sounds like novelty for me, I need to try that  one day