bkkmfj2648

Pattaya Koh Larn island trip report November 2022

4 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

This is a great, very useful trip report. One small question though: how was the cellphone signal while on the island? Thanks.

Thanks Shameless Mack - I'll cherish this complement coming from you...

In the more populated parts of the island the cellphone signal was good.

In the more remote areas - like Tien Beach (my favorite), the cellphone signal was intermittent.  When you needed to do something on the internet with enough bandwidth you had to wait until you had at least 2 or 3 signal strength bars to do anything serious.cell_signal_strength.jpg.92e38b934fb1745fb64fac7b72cd9bed.jpg

So, sometimes it was Poor or Dead Zone for a while and then suddenly it would jump up to Fair or Good at Tien Beach.

However, in the main port town (NaBaan) which faces Pattaya - the signal strength was always Excellent.  At the other 4 beaches that I visited the signal strength was Good or Fair.

14 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Bkk, u obviously set a new standard for detailed tempting posts here, certainly for issues other than sex. Kudos!

Why is klom klom "infamous"?

Thanks for the compliment 12is12.  My passion to have new experiences drives me to write these tedious trip reports.  Of course, I also like to have my fair share of sex - and why not while making a traveling adventure  :>))

12is12 - I have to say that I misused the adjective, "infamous" to describe the Klom Klom restaurant in my Koh Larn trip report.

Based on the official explanation for the use of this adjective (see below) I should have instead described it as:  popular, famous, trendy, in-place, etc.

I had an incorrect internal mental definition for this word as being equal to famous where I had thought that by adding in+famous made it more historical in nature.

I stand corrected.

569059385_meaningofinfamous.jpg.8b3c335526d0c2fbc91f4e0140036ac8.jpg

6 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

However, in the main port town (NaBaan) which faces Pattaya - the signal strength was always Excellent.  At the other 4 beaches that I visited the signal strength was Good or Fair.

Ah, this is important. As idyllic as Tien beach may look, staying overnight without a good signal would almost surely frustrate me. Guess I would have to stay in NaBaan.

Others may have different priorities, of course.

First time I went to koh larn was 2002 with a pal and two boys. Walked from the pier to Duen Beach (Monkey Beach) . 2 miles maybe. There was nobody and nothing there - took some booze and food from,7-11. Had lots of fun swimming out to the reef. Got taxi back for return to Pats cos I had cut my foot on the coral.