12is12

Report on Pattaya - Sunee

3 hours ago, gerefan said:

I believe the Arabs come in their high summer to escape the heat in the Middle East.

Hopefully they have gone home for now.

Me too......they can be arrogant and a lot smell of smoke and so do the rooms in the hotels 😩

11 hours ago, 12is12 said:

BTW
Someone mentioned here the street leading to Sunee from BT as being dangerous, due to Arabs racing motorbikes. Saw nothing of that. The 8 mnts walk is standard and safe (and thus sooo dfrnt from Latin America).

it's even less if you take shortcut by the Hindu temple in parallel soi to one where Nice Boys are.

15 hours ago, 12is12 said:

BTW
Someone mentioned here the street leading to Sunee from BT as being dangerous, due to Arabs racing motorbikes. Saw nothing of that. The 8 mnts walk is standard and safe (and thus sooo dfrnt from Latin America).

Not this old chestnut again. Its origins lie in another forum  a few years ago and the posts it produced were sickening. I'm not surprised  you "saw nothing of that"; it was always a fantasy propagated by a couple of individuals toying with  racial stereotypes.

I cannot believe there 's a safer place to wander at night than Pattaya....as long as you watch out for all the traffic, not just fantasy Arabs on motorcys! Not to mention broken pavements.

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

it's even less if you take shortcut by the Hindu temple in parallel soi to one where Nice Boys are.

For the avoidance of inadvertent offence - actually it's Sikh (Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha), not Hindu.

There's another shortcut across the Wat Chai Mongkon car park (Google Street View) (handy hong nam if you're desperate!) to a gate on 2nd Road (Street View).

7 minutes ago, thaiophilus said:

For the avoidance of inadvertent offence - actually it's Sikh (Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha), not Hindu.

There's another shortcut across the Wat Chai Mongkon car park (Google Street View) (handy hong nam if you're desperate!) to a gate on 2nd Road (Street View).

I do hope you are referring to the pay toilet that is adjacent to the gate?  Many desperate people were pissing against the wall just inside the gate area but fortunately the temple authorities have tried to stop that.😵

7 hours ago, Londoner said:

Not this old chestnut again. Its origins lie in another forum  a few years ago and the posts it produced were sickening. I'm not surprised  you "saw nothing of that"; it was always a fantasy propagated by a couple of individuals toying with  racial stereotypes.

I cannot believe there 's a safer place to wander at night than Pattaya....as long as you watch out for all the traffic, not just fantasy Arabs on motorcys! Not to mention broken pavements.

I’ve no problem about walking BT to Sunee and return- must have done it more than 100 times since 2002. But sometimes after offing boys and returning I ran into objections when they demanded using a motor bike taxi, even saying they were tired after dancing in the gogo. I had to go along with that to avoid an hour or so of sulking. Sounds like I won’t have this difficulty during my next trip ie few offable boys available in Sunee 

1 minute ago, Travellerdave said:

But sometimes after offing boys and returning I ran into objections when they demanded using a motor bike taxi, even saying they were tired after dancing in the gogo. I had to go along with that to avoid an hour or so of sulking. Sounds like I won’t have this difficulty during my next trip ie few offable boys available in Sunee 

never lose any hope until you actually get there and check for yourself. See exchange between floridarob and me above - we both sincere in our impressions and yet they are very different about where possibilities are

8 hours ago, Londoner said:

100% correct , and I remember those "sickening"  posts , 

Fortunately the younger generation are much different in their thinking