HiThereAll

Rio Nov and Dec 2022 Observations and advice

• Members

Humor:

Well, in the great cold north we have heard of places where the ocean meets the land and has sand. Average water temps are often very cold in the North. To go to this mythical warm water place called the “beach” the Great Spirit invented Ibiza, Jamaica, Mykonos, Mexico, Sydney, and of course, Rio. To get to these places something called “Economy Class”, aka steerage was also invented. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away….

In the Pacific NW we have heard of this thing called sunshine, but locally it is often simply a rumor. See the picture below of a nice day in Vancouver. Without high-speed film you missed the ray of sunlight. LOL. (see pic below) Remember, we do not tan, we rust !!

In the Pacific NW (rainforest from Portland, OR, to Seattle, WA, to Vancouver BC, and up to Alaska) we have the biggest blood suckers anywhere, the fabled Moose-Quito: (see pic below)

Screenshot 2022-12-10 145313 YVR sunshine.gif

Screenshot 2022-12-10 145230 moosquito.png

Edited by HiThereAll
pics out of order

Nice write up. I was in Brazil in 2014 and it was amazing on home game days. On a Thursday afternoon R. da Consolação in Sao Paulo only had a few taxis and city buses. I was in Belo Horizonte for the opening day and there was a riot. A woman ran down the deserted street by the cafe with her children yelling something, the male customers and staff began piling up tables and chairs at the front while the women and children were moved to the back. Police officers barricaded the front of their station across the street with police cars. But the rioters, there weren't many, went another direction. I've never had trouble dressing down on vacations, it's my natural state. Even the guys selling time share condos on Puerto Vallarta's beach front ignore me.